Day In a Page
Monday, 10 August 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Budd Schulberg: Screenwriter who won an Oscar for 'On the Waterfront'
- Harve Presnell: Prolific actor who starred in the Coen brothers’ cult classic ‘Fargo’
- Renata Clewes: Second World War Resistance fighter and wife of Howard Clewes
- Ian Bowler: Engineer who laid an historic high-altitude oil pipeline between Iran and the Soviet Union
- Rev Ike: Preacher who worshipped wealth
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Time to dismantle our surveillance society
- Leading article: This abuse of Tamiflu is dangerous for all of us
- Leading article: Genetically-modified food for thought
- Leading article: A serious cyber threat
- Leading article: Hit and hope
- Leading article: Publish and let Hitler be damned
- Michael Brown: Open primaries have revolutionary power
- Ed Husain: Where is the Muslim anger over Darfur?
- Steve Connor: Revolution could save huge amounts of time, money – and lives
- Tom Hodgkinson: Too idle? Not idle enough!
- Peter Tatchell: Help save Ezra Nawi from jail
- Rhoda Koenig: Ban women's boxing – and men's too
- Raynor Lewis: Fewer detectives means fewer crimes solved
- Peter Tatchell: Help save Ezra Nawi, for the sake of freedom in the Middle East
- Alex Vines: Asia's giants are powering their growth with African oil
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England in chaos over Flintoff sideshow
- Pietersen suffers injury setback
- Who's laughing now?
- Strauss rules out wholesale changes for final Test
- James Lawton: Ill-tempered rabble whose flaws go right to the top
- Australian angle: In the nick of time the real Australia stand up
- Total disaster averted by Broad and Swann
- Ponting talks up Australia chances
- Trescothick 'could be talked' out of retirement
- Bopara to play for Essex as he fights to save his Test place
- James Lawton: What's this Ashes summer all about Freddie? You or the England team?
- Sorry circus running out of options, time and ideas
- Selector Miller defends Flintoff omission
- Hampshire rescued by Carberry
- Pakistan's new discovery Aamer finds consolation
- Spineless England panic in face of fearsome Australia
- Round-up: Arafat gets hat-trick to crush Gloucestershire
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more