Day In a Page
Wednesday, 5 August 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- George Russell: Composer and theorist who provided inspiration for Miles Davis and broke new ground for jazz musicians
- Pierre Paulin: Innovative designer who helped to revolutionise everyday furniture
- Heinz Edelmann: Illustrator who helped to create the psychedelic landscape of the Beatles film 'Yellow Submarine'
- John Sweet: Biblical scholar and educator who taught a raft of Church leaders
- Hugh Millais: Hit man in 'McCabe & Mrs Miller'
- Mona Grey: Health care advocate and Northern Ireland's first chief nursing officer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: A former President who still knows how to play his part
- Leading article: Ministers have a duty to come clean about torture
- Leading article: Open parliament to all comers
- Leading article: The foundation stone of education
- Leading article: Not cricket
- Leading article: Perks of the job
- Anne Penketh: First North Korea. Now Iran?
- Sean O'Grady: Blaming bonuses will get us nowhere
- Michael Axworthy: This inauguration did little to hide the scars that still divide Iran
- Sophie Morris: Trust no one – except your GP
- Joe Biden: Government incentives are restoring confidence to the economy
- Richard Garner: It's refreshing to know that exam marks can go down as well as up
- Dreda Say Mitchell: If Dennis Potter came along today, he'd have no chance
- Douglas Alexander: Afghanistan remains a desperately poor and unjust country
- Tony Patterson: German efficiency goes off the rails
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes rivals join forces to applaud the Barmy Army
- Headingley silences Barmy Army trumpeter
- Headingley crowd warned over behaviour
- England call up Trott as fears swell for Flintoff
- Former England international Butcher retires
- Strauss realistic over Flintoff fitness
- Graham Onions: 'I've waited so long for this taste of Test success'
- Jonathan Trott: Just don't call him the new Pietersen
- The Barmy Army debate: Ex-players have their say
- Ashes memories: 'What happened then amazes me to this day'
- Yorkshire struggle to paper over Headingley's cracks
- Ponting shrugs off boo-boys
- Test 'world cup' under discussion
- North hopes Flintoff is fit for Leeds
- County Championship round-up: Fluent Joyce restates his case for wider acclaim
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 27 animals died during filming of Hollywood blockbuster The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, says report
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early