Day In a Page
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Roy Ward Baker: Director who worked on thrillers, drama, horror and science-fiction but is best known for 'A Night to Remember'
- Doctor Eileen Crofton: Physician and author who uncovered a story of wartime heroism
- Lives Remembered: Professor Kenneth Stevens
- Alan Hume: Cinematographer who switched between James Bond and the Carry On films
- Claire Rayner: Novelist, journalist and broadcaster who became the nation’s best-loved agony aunt
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Charles Glass: Do we stop caring after the miners are free?
- Boyd Tonkin: He probes Jewishness – and human identity itself
- Alan Pike: Expert support needed in the crucial early days of freedom
- John Rentoul: The Cover-Up Begins (to be made up)
- John Rentoul: They signed it though they knew it was wrong
- John Rentoul: "Los 57"
- Amol Rajan: Populism, not conservatism, is the Tea Party's creed
- John Rentoul: Should the Fed adopt a price level target?
- Jack Riley: Music: for education or political gain?
- Peter Stanford: A triumph of hope over despair that moved us all
- Michael Day: Dwindling faith spells greatest trouble for the Church's coffers
- Kim Sengupta: Out of the mine and into the media scrum
- John Rentoul: Tunnel vision
- John Rentoul: The Chamber vs the Country
- Amol Rajan: India's economic miracle is not a miracle
- Ben Chu: Should graduates be discouraged from paying their loans back early?
- John Rentoul: AJ4PM latest
- Nathalie Rothschild: The anti-trafficking industry is the biggest threat to migrants
- Michael Savage: Lib Dems swing behind the Coalition – but at what cost?
- Emilie Cochaud: Protesters fear reforms will make things even worse
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Rice: These were the best Commonwealth Games ever
- John Roberts: In the week of the Merseyside derby: the tale of Everton's Dixie, the Babe, the Sox and Liverpool
- Jack Riley: Five minutes with Rebecca Adlington
- Dave Hadfield: Rugby League: England could be in for a battering
- Ubisoft jumps on Kinect motion-sensing videogame controls
- 'Sorry Ricky, but what are you doing?' Warne twists the knife
- India win series against Australia
- Don't look now England, but Australia might have found the new McGrath
- Lee comes to defence of Ponting
- ICC close Oval investigation
- Thorpe to coach England batsmen
- No compelling evidence of Oval one-dayer being fixed, says ICC
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Get your caffeine fix and sugar high all in one
- Is goat the 'new' meat of choice?
- Virtually tasty: how to pick and prepare a kid
- Revive leftovers with tips from around the world and an app
- Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
- DIY media queen to launch cookie iPad app
- McDonald's to make wedding cakes
- Experts warn of 10 million TB deaths in next five years
- Breast cancer expert talks live on the web
- Japan cigarette sales nearly double ahead of price hike
- Malaysia criticises WHO over lack of action in dengue battle
- Is kangaroo the best red meat on the planet?
- IVF births result in taller children: NZ study
- Breast cancer myths debunked
- Mirror, mirror, read my vitals
- Buenos Aires pushes pedal power for a healthier city
- One in three TB cases in Asia-Pacific undiagnosed: WHO
- Addicts helped by implanted devices: study
- Venus Williams backs EA Sports fitness game
- A greener, anti-allergen latex condom hits the market
- Weekly top iPad apps: cool apps for electronic music lovers
- Fan-made Duke Nukem project given go-ahead
- Smartphone video call adoption stymied: Juniper
- Sony again delays release of Gran Turismo 5
- Current Twitter trends: Chilean miners rescued, Cutthroat
- Study says iPhone 4 design fine - unless you drop it
- Facebook and Bing fuse social network and search
- Review round-up: 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode 1'
- Technologies to get hyped about (before becoming disillusioned with in the future)
- YouTube gaming charts: 'Duke Nukem Forever,' 'Super Luigi Galaxy'
- Action-packed 'Brink' wins Eurogamer Expo's Game of the Show
- Weekly video game releases: 'Super Scribblenauts,' 'Fallout: New Vegas,' 'Vanquish'
- Logging onto Facebook away from home? Use your mobile to stay secure
- Worldwide set-top shipments to grow despite rising numbers of connected TVs: report
- Current Twitter trends: BET Hip Hop Awards
- Weekly high-tech product releases: Sony's Google-powered internet TV, an onslaught of Windows Phone 7 devices
- Unit of China's Alibaba to launch search engine
- Could Chrysler's new sedan be headed for Europe?
- Electric sedan headed for US car rental market
- US hikes ethanol blend in gasoline amid outcry
- 'Fastest' quick charger unveiled by US firm
- German scientists see golden future for 'self-driving' cars
- Paris institutes to launch electric vehicle diploma
- China auto sales surge 16.9 percent in September
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thirteen Asian movie directors compete for top award
- 'Jackass 3D' and 'Red' ready to unseat 'The Social Network'
- Cash-rich Abu Dhabi festival aims to raise Arab film profile
- Film trailer: Michael J. Fox heads 'Back to the Future'
- Fresh records being set at Chinese box office
- 'How to Train Your Dragon' joins a long list of film franchises
- Weekly US film releases: Mirren and Willis in 'Red,' Swank and Stockwell in 'Conviction'
- Morgan Freeman to be honored by AFI
- Harry Potter, Transformers, and other film franchise releases through 2012
- Al Pacino to portray Phil Spector in Mamet's HBO film
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Court defeat for BAA over airport sell-off
- China expecting flood of citizens to head to United States
- Who's in the kitchen on today's cruise ships?
- World's best travel experiences unveiled
- Fitness revamp for international hotel chain
- Weekly hotels top five of five - Chile
- Breakthrough nears on world's longest rail tunnel
- Who'll be flying to the new Haneda terminal?
- German train makes first Channel tunnel test trip
- North American boost for hypoallergenic rooms
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)