Day In a Page
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Roy Ward Baker: Director who worked on thrillers, drama, horror and science-fiction but is best known for 'A Night to Remember'
- Doctor Eileen Crofton: Physician and author who uncovered a story of wartime heroism
- Lives Remembered: Professor Kenneth Stevens
- Claire Rayner: Novelist, journalist and broadcaster who became the nation’s best-loved agony aunt
- Alan Hume: Cinematographer who switched between James Bond and the Carry On films
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Charles Glass: Do we stop caring after the miners are free?
- Boyd Tonkin: He probes Jewishness – and human identity itself
- Alan Pike: Expert support needed in the crucial early days of freedom
- John Rentoul: The Cover-Up Begins (to be made up)
- John Rentoul: They signed it though they knew it was wrong
- John Rentoul: "Los 57"
- Amol Rajan: Populism, not conservatism, is the Tea Party's creed
- John Rentoul: Should the Fed adopt a price level target?
- Jack Riley: Music: for education or political gain?
- Kim Sengupta: Out of the mine and into the media scrum
- Peter Stanford: A triumph of hope over despair that moved us all
- Michael Day: Dwindling faith spells greatest trouble for the Church's coffers
- John Rentoul: Tunnel vision
- John Rentoul: The Chamber vs the Country
- Amol Rajan: India's economic miracle is not a miracle
- Ben Chu: Should graduates be discouraged from paying their loans back early?
- John Rentoul: AJ4PM latest
- Nathalie Rothschild: The anti-trafficking industry is the biggest threat to migrants
- Emilie Cochaud: Protesters fear reforms will make things even worse
- Michael Savage: Lib Dems swing behind the Coalition – but at what cost?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Rice: These were the best Commonwealth Games ever
- John Roberts: In the week of the Merseyside derby: the tale of Everton's Dixie, the Babe, the Sox and Liverpool
- Jack Riley: Five minutes with Rebecca Adlington
- Dave Hadfield: Rugby League: England could be in for a battering
- Ubisoft jumps on Kinect motion-sensing videogame controls
- 'Sorry Ricky, but what are you doing?' Warne twists the knife
- India win series against Australia
- Don't look now England, but Australia might have found the new McGrath
- Lee comes to defence of Ponting
- ICC close Oval investigation
- Thorpe to coach England batsmen
- No compelling evidence of Oval one-dayer being fixed, says ICC
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Revive leftovers with tips from around the world and an app
- Get your caffeine fix and sugar high all in one
- Virtually tasty: how to pick and prepare a kid
- Is goat the 'new' meat of choice?
- McDonald's to make wedding cakes
- DIY media queen to launch cookie iPad app
- Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
- Breast cancer expert talks live on the web
- IVF births result in taller children: NZ study
- Breast cancer myths debunked
- Experts warn of 10 million TB deaths in next five years
- Japan cigarette sales nearly double ahead of price hike
- Malaysia criticises WHO over lack of action in dengue battle
- Is kangaroo the best red meat on the planet?
- A greener, anti-allergen latex condom hits the market
- One in three TB cases in Asia-Pacific undiagnosed: WHO
- Venus Williams backs EA Sports fitness game
- Buenos Aires pushes pedal power for a healthier city
- Addicts helped by implanted devices: study
- Mirror, mirror, read my vitals
- Sony again delays release of Gran Turismo 5
- Current Twitter trends: Chilean miners rescued, Cutthroat
- Facebook and Bing fuse social network and search
- Study says iPhone 4 design fine - unless you drop it
- Smartphone video call adoption stymied: Juniper
- Weekly top iPad apps: cool apps for electronic music lovers
- Fan-made Duke Nukem project given go-ahead
- Weekly high-tech product releases: Sony's Google-powered internet TV, an onslaught of Windows Phone 7 devices
- Unit of China's Alibaba to launch search engine
- Review round-up: 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode 1'
- Technologies to get hyped about (before becoming disillusioned with in the future)
- YouTube gaming charts: 'Duke Nukem Forever,' 'Super Luigi Galaxy'
- Action-packed 'Brink' wins Eurogamer Expo's Game of the Show
- Weekly video game releases: 'Super Scribblenauts,' 'Fallout: New Vegas,' 'Vanquish'
- Logging onto Facebook away from home? Use your mobile to stay secure
- Worldwide set-top shipments to grow despite rising numbers of connected TVs: report
- Current Twitter trends: BET Hip Hop Awards
- 'Fastest' quick charger unveiled by US firm
- Could Chrysler's new sedan be headed for Europe?
- Electric sedan headed for US car rental market
- US hikes ethanol blend in gasoline amid outcry
- Paris institutes to launch electric vehicle diploma
- China auto sales surge 16.9 percent in September
- German scientists see golden future for 'self-driving' cars
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Jackass 3D' and 'Red' ready to unseat 'The Social Network'
- Cash-rich Abu Dhabi festival aims to raise Arab film profile
- Thirteen Asian movie directors compete for top award
- Film trailer: Michael J. Fox heads 'Back to the Future'
- Fresh records being set at Chinese box office
- Al Pacino to portray Phil Spector in Mamet's HBO film
- Weekly US film releases: Mirren and Willis in 'Red,' Swank and Stockwell in 'Conviction'
- Morgan Freeman to be honored by AFI
- 'How to Train Your Dragon' joins a long list of film franchises
- Harry Potter, Transformers, and other film franchise releases through 2012
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Court defeat for BAA over airport sell-off
- China expecting flood of citizens to head to United States
- World's best travel experiences unveiled
- Who's in the kitchen on today's cruise ships?
- North American boost for hypoallergenic rooms
- Fitness revamp for international hotel chain
- Weekly hotels top five of five - Chile
- Breakthrough nears on world's longest rail tunnel
- Who'll be flying to the new Haneda terminal?
- German train makes first Channel tunnel test trip
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
- 4 John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media