Day In a Page
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Milka Planinc
- Al Goodman: Soul singer who had UK Top Ten hits in the 1970s and 1980s
- Gillian Lowndes: Potter and sculptor noted for incorporating a wide variety of materials into her work
- Mary Baptie: Labour Party activist who campaigned for Manny Shinwell in 1918 and 1922
- EC Tubb: Seminal writer who was a mainstay of the British science fiction scene for half a century
- Professor Philippa Foot: Philosopher regarded as being among the finest moral thinkers of the age
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ben Chu: Adonis trashes Blair and Brown reshuffles
- Michael Savage: Osborne’s welfare cuts dilemma
- John Rentoul: Is George Osborne really Gordon Brown?
- Rob Killick: Austerity blues or going for growth?
- Daniel Ben-Ami: Prosperity without growth: a contradiction in terms?
- John Rentoul: "Doctor Who again. Did I mention Doctor Who?"
- John Rentoul: Is Alan Beattie World Trade Editor of the FT?
- John Rentoul: Did Magna Carta die in vain? Part 94
- Colin Lawson: Why genius is meaningless without society
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- No cloned steaks on EU plates
- US researchers find gene that could ward off alcoholism
- Easy ways to lift your mood
- Egg allergy? You can still get a flu shot
- 'Senior moments' could become a thing of the past
- Violent TV, video scenes desensitise teen boys: study
- Stretching before running might not be beneficial
- Watermelon: the latest 'functional food'?
- Scientists move closer to early menopause test
- Record US holiday spending on gadgets: CEA
- Google gives users more control over location
- YouTube gaming charts: 'Black Ops' tops
- Apple debuts iPad-inspired MacBook Air notebooks
- Weekly video game releases: 'Fable III,' 'Rock Band 3,' 'The Sims 3: Late Night'
- Free extra content for 'Medal of Honor' due November 2
- Microsoft sets up office in the clouds
- US congressmen seek explanation from Facebook
- Kinect's launch line-up for families: 'Kinectimals,' 'Adventures,' 'Harry Potter' and 'Game Party'
- Write wikis in any language with new multilingual content creation tool
- Current Twitter trends: LiveCocoCam, Naheed Nenshi, Fallout
- Xbox 360 Kinect's 17-game launch list
- Current Twitter trends: 'I wasn't cheating,' Valedictorian, 'Predator'
- This week's most popular Diggs: video of an iPhone going into space, tech support heaven
- How to capture picture perfect shots and top quality videos using your cell phone camera
- Apple net profit up 70 percent, 4.19 million iPads sold
- Top 5 best gadgets for 2010: Mashable Awards
- YouTube remains king of online video sites in the US, Facebook slides: report
- China's online games under microscope after 'farmer' caught in the act
- Social networkers willing to risk accidents to stay in touch with their friends
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- BA cabin crew to vote on deal to end dispute
- BA 'will not back down' over cabin crew dispute
- Cash injection aimed at helping Hong Kong Arts Festival make a lot of noise
- Weekly hotels top five of five - Brazil
- Electric tuk-tuks - coming soon to a city near you
- New 'travel inspiration' site out of beta
- Island row hits Japan tourism to China
- German train makes first channel tunnel crossing: rail firm
- French airports face major strike disruption Tuesday
- New-look Haneda shows off new facilities ahead of launch
- 11,000 cancelled Japan-China flights amid row: airlines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond