Day In a Page
Thursday, 21 October 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Malaria fears escalate as most dangerous mosquito mutates into two species
- Silver found on Moon – and you thought it was made of cheese
- Evolution book wins science prize that could soon become extinct
- Scientists get glimpse of universe as it was 13 billion years ago
- 'Dr Death' to sell body parts over the internet
- Bob Guccione: Magazine publisher whose 'Penthouse'' fortune disappeared when his soft-porn empire crumbled
- Professor Benoit Mandelbrot: Mathematician whose development of fractal geometry increased our understanding of nature's complexity
- Ari Up: Rebellious and confrontational singer with punk-reggae band the Slits
- Johnny Sheffield: Child actor who played 'Boy' to Johnny Weissmuller's Tarzan
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Vicky Pryce: The Chancellor doesn't need a Plan B
- Sean O'Grady: He may have gained the confidence of global investors, but he's shredded it at home
- Marcus Berkmann: No such thing as selling out
- John Rentoul: Will transsexuals destroy women's sport?
- John Rentoul: Why Clegg Changed His Mind
- Ben Chu: What did Ireland get wrong, Rupert?
- John Rentoul: The Sound of Silence
- John Rentoul: Will the Federal Reserve Cause a Civil War?
- Simon Blake: A policy obsession with teenage mothers? Yes please!
- Dr Jan Macvarish: Why is policy obsessed with teenage pregnancy?
- John Rentoul: Will the UK spending cuts actually take place?
- Ben Chu: Post hoc, propter hoc and the Great Depression
- John Rentoul: Flunking the test going forward
- Alastair Donald: Happy clappy architecture
- Robert Verkaik: This wife's victory will benefit rich husbands most of all
- Dr Raghunandan Singh Chundawat: Even this novel approach may not be enough to save the tiger
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Weekly home agenda: World Retail Conference
- From the USA to anywhere - how to ship gifts internationally.
- South Africa's 'Facebook' captivates young cell phone users
- Hot 'how to' video tutorials: buying the best technology for your money
- Will video games and make-up replace traditional toys?
- Halloween has adults reaching for their wallets
- Japanese brewers serve up seasonal beers
- Giant food festival opens in Italy
- 'White gold' in high demand this season, cheaper in Asia
- Food trends to peak in 2011: special needs, urbanism, on-demand
- See 15 new foods from around the world awarded for innovation
- The culture of the Whopper: UAE, the Netherlands, 'Virgins'
- Hong Kong, Singapore restaurants best in Asia: report
- 'World's best gluten-free beer' released in the US
- Foodies to 'adopt' olive trees to get freshest olive oil from Italy
- How marathon runners can avoid 'the wall'
- Weekly health and fitness agenda: Men's Health World Congress
- 'Harm reduction cigarettes' light up health concerns
- Gene therapy could treat depression: US research
- Australian study finds diabetes link to flabby dads
- Man eats only potatoes for two months
- One in eight European kids upset by Internet content: poll
- New countertop may kill Staph with light
- Chocolate milk just got healthier
- Milder flu season expected this year
- South Asia is world's most climate-vulnerable region: study
- New motion-sensing games aim to get you fit
- Your guide to gluten-free beers from around the world
- Sony ships 1 million new Move controllers, preps for demand
- StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: mountainous avalanche zone, alpine goats
- Weekly high-tech hot topics in the blogs: MacBook Air, Facebook privacy breach, WP7 reviews
- Weekly tech agenda: SocialTech 2010, Enterprise 2.0 Summit
- 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam' priced in new trailer
- Current Twitter trends: Bilbo Baggins, Martin Freeman, Maria Sharapova, Baracka Flacka
- 'It Gets Better' message for gay youth in US goes viral
- 'Kinectimals' website launches to promote Kinect's digital pets
- Windows 7 celebrates one-year anniversary, being fastest-selling OS in the world
- 'Mega' technology trends for 2011
- Current Twitter trends: Nike 600K, the death of Bob Guccione, Mac App, iLife
- Super Twario mixes Twitter with old-school platformer
- Samsung Galaxy on sale in US next month for 600 dollars
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'TRON: Legacy' rolls out merchandise lines
- Bilbo Baggins and others cast in 'The Hobbit'
- Hong Kong kicks off film fest with China focus
- 'Paranormal Activity 2' spooks 'Jackass 3D'
- Film trailer: Wes Craven's 'Scream 4'
- Hobbit films poised to leave New Zealand: director
- Murphy, Stiller, Sidibe and Pena join 'Heist'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Travellers to France warned over protests
- Weekly travel agenda: Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- China launches own version of Google Earth
- Weekly hotel openings roundup - France, Japan, Peru and the US
- The Bunny empire to begin expanding... Again
- Weekly top iPhone apps: book, plan and organise your holiday
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella