Day In a Page
Friday, 11 June 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- YouTube's most-watched videos of the week: Eminem, Gaga and Shakira
- Current Twitter trends: the death of Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter, FIFA World Cup, Abby Sunderland
- Second Life creator Linden Lab laying off staff
- StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: what you really consume when you drink America's most harmful drinks, anti-BP movement
- Pamela Green: Actress and model best known for her role in 'Peeping Tom' who also helped start the 'top-shelf' tradition
- Marvin Isley: Bass guitarist who co-wrote many of the Isley Brothers' biggest hits
- Jack Harrison
- Marina Semyonova: Dancer who dominated Soviet ballet in the 1930s and became an inspirational teacher
- Art Linkletter: Seminal broadcaster whose work laid down the templates for many successful shows
- Nico Craven: Sports historian who chronicled cricket's golden age
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alex Kiprotich: I envy the land of Her Majesty - where a fox can be such a big problem.
- Michael Bywater: In the dead of night, menacing us on our doorstep. That's Nature for you
- Harriet Walker: Something that cool was never going to last long
- Amy Jenkins: Does not understanding a book necessarily make it better?
- Deborah Ross: 'There comes a time in everybody’s life when you have to think about your relationship with pre-chopped fruit'
- Ben Chu: Just how British is BP?
- Marcus Tanner: A victory for justice, but not for reconciliation in the Balkans
- David Prosser: BP boss's impossible dilemma: keep the investors happy or the US government?
- Sean O'Grady: They think Africa's dark age is all over... but is it?
- Ivan Fallon: Let the vuvuzelas ring out at the World Cup
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Second life for Lacroix creations
- Exhibition opens wardrobes of opera's super stars
- 5,500-year leather mocassin world's oldest shoe
- Weekly fashion buzz: Net-à-Porter opens men's shop, Zara launches e-commerce
- Alexa Chung to front new fragrance
- Weekly fashion agenda: men's fashion weeks
- Weekly beauty agenda: Hair Expo Australia
- NewGen winners announced
- India needs more Internet infrastructure says new report
- NASA says: send your face to space
- Weekly video games events agenda: Electronic Entertainment Expo and beyond
- Weekly tech agenda: CEDIA London, Webby Awards, E3
- Weekly high-tech hot topics in the blogs: iPad security breach, WWDC, HTC EVO sales
- PC video game bargains for the weekend of June 12-13
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Travel Agenda: BMI's Business Class; Greek Beach on South Bank; Thompson Toronto
- Something To Declare: Cusco; Bedfordshire to Belgrade; New York in style; Eurostar trades down
- My Life In Travel: Stephen Jones, milliner
- Simon Calder: 'Bring our guys home before the postcards'
- Which country would win the World Cup of holiday destinations?
- DLR workers to strike for three days
- Weekly hotel openings roundup - New York, Amsterdam and Tasmania
- Summer travel in Europe is getting cheaper
- Weekly travel agenda: ILA Berlin Air Show
- Spain, Portugal and France agree on high-speed rail
- Booming Fukuoka gets new hotel options
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money Insider: PPI is not right for everyone, but can offer a valuable safety net
- Simon Read: Living without a bank account would not make life easier
- Mark Dampier: A small and nimble fund with a good mix of stocks
- Questions Of Cash: HSBC in error over fraudulent card transaction
- Derek Pain: Nighthawk may be flying towards a happier horizon
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: 'Why haven't I hosted a dinner party before?'
- Current account changes mean end of free banking
- Five Questions About: Prepaid cards
- Consuming Issues: Avoid gastropubs serving insipid catered food
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Gentle bear saves crow from drowning
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire