Day In a Page
Friday, 9 July 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Last call for virtual flowers, Facebook closing Gift Shop
- StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: free nature sounds, contemporary art
- YouTube's most-watched videos of the week: the greatest movie insults of all time
- Current Twitter trends: 'wake me up when,' Oscar Grant, LeBron James picks Miami Heat
- Australia halts web filter plan ahead of polls
- Harvey Fuqua: Singer, songwriter and producer who played a significant role in the rise of black music in the 1950s and '60s
- Lord Flowers: Physicist who did major work on atomic nuclei and became a respected administrator
- Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah: Prominent Shiite cleric who survived several assassination attempts
- Rosie Purves: Staff nurse who fought racism in the NHS
- Susan Reed: Singer who inadvertently helped spark Britain’s folk revival
- William Plowden: Radical adviser devoted to improving how we are governed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lisa Longstaff: Women will be the losers if the Government allows anonymity
- Ivan Fallon: A great nation has finally come of age
- Amy Jenkins: Now more than ever we need proper junk food regulation
- Jean Broke-Smith: Titles open doors. You can see why they want to keep them
- Tony Paterson: Vienna plays host to Cold War drama reimagined as farce
- Deborah Ross: 'One way for teenagers to deal with their parents is to roll their eyes while fake yawning and repeating: 'Boring, boring!'
- Samuel Muston: Gay asylum seekers - do we care about strangers?
- Michael Church: Mikhail Pletnev is a Russian hero and a world treasure
- Raymond Barker: I've been detecting for years and never found a good hoard
- Simon Usborne: Was I dazzled into defeat by the movie star looks?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England make unwanted history against Bangladesh
- England v Bangladesh: Live scorecard!
- Kieswetter needs game more than most people
- Bell sees England home after bowlers struggle
- Strauss hails 'versatile' Bell following victory
- Yorkshire send clear message of title intentions
- Cricket round-up: Gale cuts loose to seal series win for Lions
- Hamilton & Son: ice is melting for the first family of Formula One
- Vettel claims pole in British Grand Prix
- Loeb finds hard road easy but crash ruins Raikkonen's promising start
- Drivers praise Silverstone's fast-flowing changes
- Meet the next Briton tipped to break into Formula One
- Button and Hamilton off the pace as Red Bull take over
- Red Bull dominate practice at Silverstone
- I'd be happy for Button to win British GP, claims Hamilton
- Hamilton wants to give Britain a lift
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Aussie survey to find the rules of attraction
- Norwegian chess prodigy turns to fashion catwalk
- Unexpected haute couture trends: skeletons, fringed clothes, and cowboy boots
- Weekly beauty agenda: tattoists' artwork on show in New York
- Weekly fashion buzz: Lindsay Lohan heads to prison in style
- Weekly beauty buzz: Elle MacPherson's fountain of youth revealed
- How-to limit your BPA exposure plus healthy alternatives
- Herbal slimming aid contains banned, Rx drugs: US regulator
- Big investments needed to halt new Asia food crisis: UN
- Bad seat and yoga help solar pilot through 26 hour challenge
- BPA kills more than his erection
- Giant burgers cause jaw injuries in Taiwan: report
- Weekly health and fitness agenda: ICEID, TEDGlobal, CrossFit Games Finals 2010
- Breakthrough antibodies neutralize most known AIDS strains
- Sound sunscreen selection simplified with your iPhone
- Got camel milk, or a scoop of Cold Hump?
- McDonald's says Chicken McNuggets safe in China
- Solar Impulse plane packed with technology
- Gaming magazines of the 1980s in free-to-view retrospective
- e-readers, tablets, portable game players becoming synonymous
- Weekly tech agenda: MobileBeat, Gettie Awards, TED Global
- Video games travelogue goes free
- Indie Fund invites applications from budding game developers
- Unobstructed browsing on a smartphone that likes to be touched on the back
- World of Warcraft fans rail against Blizzard real names plan
- Weekly high-tech hot topics in the blogs: iTunes fraud, YouTube mobile, Firefox 4 beta
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Linkin Park to release 'A Thousand Suns' in September
- Singer Coco set to step out of father Sting's shadow
- Jimi Hendrix "Dagger" catalog goes digital
- Weekly music agenda: Sting's 'Symphonities,' BBC Proms
- Jennifer Lopez scraps Cyprus concert after pressure: report
- Most blogged artists: School of Seven Bells, Local Natives, Cults
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alan Cleaver: The real village of Boot
- Travel By Numbers: Cycling
- Budget Air Travel: Do you get what you pay for?
- My Life In Travel: Ken Livingstone
- Travel Agenda: Simon English's "land art journey"; Milton Keynes International Festival; Ben & Jerry's Sundae on the Common in Clapham
- Something To Declare: New Zealand; driving through France; Latin America via German; Fraser Islandá
- Simon Calder: Could your US holiday go west this summer?
- Open Jaw: Readers' views on the BA dispute
- Piccard dynasty roam unknowns in sky, sea, sun
- Ritz comes clean on recycled shampoo
- Weekly hotels top five of five - the Netherlands
- Weekly travel agenda: flagship New York hotel opens
- Weekly hotel openings roundup - New York, New York
- Indonesian airlines OKed by EU
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Investment bonds: too many strings attached?
- Bargain Hunter: Avon and the art of bargains
- Money Insider: Lloyds extends a helping hand to first-time buyers
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: 'I'm going on holiday again – but there's a catch...'
- Simon Read: This pensioners' payout is not going far enough to save lives
- Derek Pain: Connaught sneezes and the social housing sector catches a cold
- Questions Of Cash: Costly mix-up over car loan and insurance
- Consuming Issues: Is your energy bill simple? No, but the witless regulator is...
- Mark Dampier: Put your time and energy into a global growth fund
- Five Questions About: Holiday money
- Struggling to get by? The new age of austerity begins at home
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more