Day In a Page
Friday, 20 August 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sir Frank Kermode: Academic and pre-eminent literary critic who reached out to a non-specialist audience
- Brian Clark: Footballer best known for scoring the winning goal when Cardiff City beat Real Madrid
- Professor Edwin Morgan: Writer celebrated as one of the finest Scottish poets of the 20th century
- Robert Wilson: Influential bassist with 1980s funk group The Gap Band
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Julian Baggini: Google's chief says privacy is dying. But does the Facebook generation care?
- Nigel Hawkes: Peer-reviewed journals aren't worth the paper they're written on
- Virginia Ironside: The Catholic Church should stay out of the gay adoption debate
- Rebecca Front: 'Facial hair fashions include goatees and soul patches and the topiaried eyebrow'
- John Rentoul: The Scale of the Universe
- John Rentoul: David Miliband has eight-point lead
- John Rentoul: How does a vampire bat run?
- Dominic Williamson: Drug strategy will test whether Big Society can work for people who are unpopular
- John Rentoul: A Spat with Johann
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Pakistan poised for victory as collapse follows Cook's century
- Pakistan prevail at the Oval
- England v Pakistan Live!
- Now it is Pietersen's turn to convince the selectors
- Somerset keep challenge alive in three-way fight
- Cook: 'I've felt the pressure – but to respond like I did was satisfying'
- England collapse after Cook ton
- England v Pakistan full scorecard
- James Lawton: Strauss must show his men are ready to face Ponting
- Angus Fraser: Why I (unwittingly) left Swann and England outraged
- Kumble convinced T20 has improved quality of Tests
- Watson: I've thrived since giving up on being Aussie Flintoff
- Swann: 'I got my 100th wicket quickly so mum didn't miss the Proms'
- Under pressure: England forced to fight at last as Yousuf takes lead
- Gale's unbeaten 70 keeps Yorkshire in hunt to win Championship title
- Finn meets his match but hard lesson can help him in Ashes
- Riaz adds insult to injury with his captivating cameo
- County Championship round-up: Somerset in search of crucial win after Trescothick's double ton
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Heart attack, stroke risks higher for combative types
- Trip to Mars could leave crew dangerously weak
- US salmonella scare is one of biggest egg recalls
- WHO calls for monitoring of new superbug
- Sweden opens inquiry into suspect flu vaccine
- Health in the future: HIV self-destructs with a 'mix'
- Weekly health and fitness agenda: Zumba Instructor Convention, Daffodil Day
- High-tech hot topics in the blogs: Facebook Places, Xbox Live games, Chrome tablet
- Online TV watching on the rise but still no substitute for regular TV
- Low-priced e-reader market picks up speed
- Current Twitter trends: McAfee, Facebook Places, Demi Lovato, Kayne West
- Cameron Diaz hot bait for online traps
- StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: 100 photography tutorials, stripping ChatRoulette girl
- New trailer for cutesy Halloween game
- Survivalism, space battles, and spells: PC game deals for August 20-22 and beyond
- YouTube’s most-watched videos of the week: Jackie Evancho sings, Federer shoots and a chilli fights a doughnut.
- Weekly tech agenda: BIRTV, Integrate
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US ballet troupe to dance in Cuba for first time in 50 years
- Major exhibitions in Europe this fall
- Major exhibitions in the Americas this fall
- Major exhibitions in Asia and Oceania this fall
- Bruce Lee statue set to “rival Statue of Liberty’’
- Lithuanian divers open underwater picture gallery
- Weekly arts agenda: Asia Top Gallery Hotel Art Fair, Museum Embankment Festival Frankfurt
- Rapper fights to make it from Lagos tip to the top
- MTV’s Video Music Awards announces host and performers
- Weekly music agenda: Usher's 'Versus,' Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream'
- Norah Jones to release collaborations album
- U2 postpones Spanish show due to general strike
- Most blogged artists: Wild Nothing, Glasser, The National
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Something To Declare: Long-haul Christmas for couples; Tunisian treasures; flying around India; time your Channel hop
- My life in travel: Marcus Wareing, chef
- Simon Calder: A Jimi Hendrix experience on the Isle of Wight
- Travel Agenda: London's Tune Hotel; Sweden's Bothnia Line; New York Palace; London to Chambéry
- Open jaw: 'There are ways to exact revenge on passengers'
- Travel challenge: A holiday on a Greek island
- You Only Live Once: Guca festival lures trumpet afficionados
- African air travel nightmare blocks trade, tourism
- Deejay priest gets them rocking for Jesus on Italian beach
- Japan 'Statue of Liberty' replica looking for new home
- Top-quality hotels join Japan's cityscapes
- This is the weekend for...recapturing your youth
- Weekly new hotels roundup - Croatia, Egypt and Scotland
- Finland aims to build first ever green highway
- After the 'guys getaway', the 'ultimate man-cation'
- Indonesia railway launches women-only carriages
- Car rental prices have soared, says report
- Inaugural Aichi Triennale prepares to dazzle visitors
- Weekly travel agenda: Tannkosh 2010
- New Zealand seeks a piece of the growing Japanese tourism pie
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Five Questions About: Choosing the right mobile tariff
- Money Insider: Savers should switch to make best of rock-bottom rates
- Simon Read: Cutting back on benefits must not mean risking lives
- Wealth Check: 'Should I pay off my student debt now or later?'
- Consuming Issues: Toy shops face tough struggle for survival
- Spotlight On: Santander's free satnav
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: 'A taste for renovating is making me feel old'
- Questions Of Cash: 'Dodgy website left me tearing my hair out'
- The Bargain Hunter: Budget breaks
- Mark Dampier: Japan - pick carefully and watch your fund blossom
- Bonds or shares: the dilemma as confidence returns to funds
- Michael Baxter: Even our expectations won't produce another golden age for equities
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27