Day In a Page
Monday, 30 August 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stephen Wall: Critic and academic who edited the leading literary journal 'Essays in Criticism' for 37 years
- Geoffrey Dutton: Poet and scientist who straddled the ‘two cultures’ with ease
- Lord Glenconner: Owner of the island of Mustique whose friendship with Princess Margaret kept him in the public eye
- Bernie Andrews: Radio producer who worked on Saturday Club, Top Gear and with Annie Nightingale
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mark Lynas: What an increase of 3.5C really means to the planet
- Gordon Brown: While the world looks elsewhere, a nation is dying in silence
- Rick Waghorn: Why the ‘Godfather of Hyperlocal’ is keeping it simple
- Nick Harris: When newspapers manipulate a story, there is rarely a winner
- Andy McSmith: Forget ex-PMs – the really juicy stuff comes from the back benches
- Omar Waraich: 'Cricket is all Pakistan has - this has destroyed any hope'
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: I'll show you sibling rivalry
- John Rentoul: Before the First Man ...
- John Rentoul: Labour leadership stand-up
- John Rentoul: "How Gordon ever got there"
- John Rentoul: "Someone is wrong"
- Notes 30/08/10
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mike Ward: Cricket corruption? Oh, believe me, you don't want to hear what I think . . .
- Miss Universe reaction highest new entry in YouTube sports chart
- Adidas extend exclusive Major League Soccer partnership
- Musa Okwonga: Dr. Mourinho declares Capello unfit for national service
- Frenchman crowned air guitar champion once again
- Limited future: one-day series to go ahead
- Under fire Pakistan continue tour
- Police find cash in Pakistan cricketers' rooms amid bribery charges
- England heroics cheapened by corruption claims
- Pietersen dropped from England squad
- Three held over cricket betting scam
- Cricket chief pledges 'prompt action' against cheats
- Pakistan's top detectives fly in to question team
- James Lawton: Where was Clarke's disdain when Stanford came calling to buy up cricket's dignity?
- Butt thrown to the wolves as ICC scrambles to restore game's integrity
- Australia 'did not suspect Pakistan'
- Miandad calls for Pakistan team to be replaced
- Mike Ward: Cricket corruption? You don’t want to hear what I think...
- Pakistan talks continue regarding quartet
- Tour Down Under now fair game for sceptics
- Bail for man arrested in cricket 'fix' probe
- James Lawton: Heavy weight of blame for cricket – and a crying shame for brilliant talent
- Salman Butt: Anyone can accuse you – it doesn't make it true
- Strauss 'astonished and then saddened'
- James Lawton: Only the toughest action will now do. Corruption must be rooted out once and for all
- Three held over cricket betting scam
- Notts set to steal Durham's crown
- Roger Federer stuns US Open with trick shot
- Federer shows genius in US Open win
- 'Andy knows he can win the US Open by attacking'
- Federer turns to Henman's old coach to give him a fresh viewpoint
- Venus and Clijsters make easy progress
- Baltacha gains revenge for SW19 meltdown
- Wozniacki looks to continue her winning run and take No 1 spot
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A varied diet is key in preventing lung cancer, even for smokers
- Greece to crack down - again - on die-hard smokers
- A healthier way to hear your tunes
- Health in the future: no-bite mosquitoes
- She really does think differently than him
- Toilet position: squat not sit
- Americans dream of being 'richer' above all else
- Malaysia mulls landmark trial of GM anti-dengue mosquitoes
- Japan's medical authorities slam 'absurd' homeopathy
- Cholera outbreak hits eastern China
- Microsoft raises price of admission to Xbox Live
- Technology giants fight for online movie, TV streaming rights
- Apple iPad supply catching up to demand
- Current Twitter trends: Sydney Dalton, Priority Inbox, Fashion Police, Franklin Brito
- Smartphone makers wave hello to feature phone users
- Google, Skype under fire in India after BlackBerry reprieve
- India BlackBerry users relieved as shutdown averted
- This week's most popular Diggs: World’s largest tidal turbine, 'Mirror’s Edge'
- Story criticized but action delivers in 'Metroid: Other M' reviews
- MySpace gets in tune with Facebook
- Nanotech helping 3D TVs slim down for a bigger, better pictures
- Weekly International iPad apps: USB Disk, Fish Eat Fish, Blue Block, Sport Media Set
- Competitive e-reader app now supports ePub and PDF
- Current Google Insights trends: Miss Universe, Hotmail, calciomercato
- China's Lenovo to launch video games console
- India gives BlackBerry 60-day reprieve
- The key trends to watch at the 2010 IFA tradeshow
- US authorities to clean up car labeling
- Fiat to return to US market
- Electric cars can succeed in oil-rich states: Ghosn
- Harley-Davidson to open first Beirut showroom
- Japan's taxi firms introducing all-electric fleets
- New MPV set for Paris Motor Show debut
- Orders open for electric vehicle in US
- Limited edition EV set for Paris debut
- French automaker unveils premium model ahead of Paris show
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Experience Hendrix Tour to make second 2010 run
- US jazz man Bob Lenox dies in France: producer
- Most blogged artists: Sufjan Stevens, Pete Yorn
- Arcade Fire launches 'The Wilderness Downtown' interactive video project
- New music videos of the week: Taylor Swift, MGMT, Ozzy Osbourne
- Bruno Mars to release debut solo album
- Weekly US music releases: Disturbed, Heart and Goo Goo Dolls
- International top tracks on Last.fm: Lady Gaga rejoins Arcade Fire at the top
- Bruce Springsteen announces deluxe 'Darkness' reissue
- Most blogged artists: Sufjan Stevens, Miami Horror, The xx
- Venice film festival kicks off Wednesday
- List of films selected for the 2010 Venice film festival
- 'Takers' takes 'Last Exorcism,' winning box office top spot
- 'Clash of the Titans' sequel in real 3D
- Fantastic Fest features ex-Hulk, new Green Lantern and Hit Girl
- 'Last Exorcism' comes first at North American box office
- Isabella Rossellini to head Berlin Film Festival jury
- Cusack set to play Poe in look at author’s last days
- International box office: 'Airbender' and 'Expendables' battle for top spot
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ryanair boss blames delays over Belfast airport pull-out
- Not using a travel app yet? Don't feel bad...
- Middle Eastern airlines embrace in-flight connectivity
- Record tourism numbers lift the gloom in Hong Kong
- Singapore counts winnings as casinos boost tourism
- Japan artist at French chateau sparks protest
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'