Day In a Page
Sunday, 8 August 2010
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- DJ Taylor: Who's a real celebrity, Gracie or Katie? You decide...or maybe not
- Farzana Shaikh: The man who really matters in Pakistan
- Karen Attwood: Why is losing a baby such a taboo?
- Harry Mount: Grey hair works. No hair works. But comb-overs are just a joke
- Stephen Glover: Columnists' critics should be named
- Helen Croydon: Monogamy is not our natural state
- Rhiannon Harries: 'The drama of the West End is not as exciting as M&S'
- Sophie Heawood: If you want to get ahead, get afloat
- Paul Vallely: Cloning will not feed the hungry
- Tess Finch-Lees: Sutcliffe is a danger, mostly to himself
- Tom Mendelsohn: Why is this news exactly, Daily Mail?
- Richard Garner: Only AS-levels can show what a pupil is really capable of
- Anton Shelupanov: Our justice system must embrace innovation as a necessity
- Sindy: The IoS Diary (08/08/10)
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England on course, despite Cook setback
- Broad fined for throwing ball at opponent
- Pietersen has charmed life but still waits for century
- England grow tetchy as beleaguered Pakistan finally show some spirit
- Trott plays his part as KP's straight man but where's the love?
- Back in ranks, Pettini enjoys life on other side of fence
- Broad faces referee's probe after throwing ball at Zulqarnain
- Swann puts new spin on ball of the century
- I have considered playing for Pakistan, admits Mahmood
- Lethal Laxman stuns Sri Lanka to level series
- England's pace aces to struggle Down Under? That's a load of balls
- County Championship round-up: Trescothick falls but rejuvenated Somerset keep marching on
- On the Front Foot: Indians the best in the world? The evidence fails to convince
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gillian Orr: Eminem, modern WW II photography and odd stuff
- Current Google Insights trends: Blackberry Torch, Jailbreakme, Montana Fishburne, 'sexiest movies'
- Tech blog rumor round up: 7” iPad, CDMA iPhone, Apple TV, RIM tablet, HTC WP7
- Weekly international iPhone apps: Civilization Revolution, Chicks, Mega Jump
- Android fueling the growth of the worldwide smartphone market
- Kuwait not planning to ban BlackBerry: minister
- Current Twitter trends: 'Jett Jackson,' Teen Choice Awards, 'Kill Bill'
- Saudis hold breath on BlackBerry ban
- This week's most popular Diggs: Digg censorship, Eva Mendes sex tape, DRM
- China Unicom to finally roll out iPhone with WiFi
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Venice festival adds Skolimowski film to contest
- 'Twilight' sweeps Teen Choice Awards
- Emma Thompson, Ben Kingsley get stars on Walk of Fame
- Cop comedy rules at US and Canadian cinemas
- 'Inception' dreams on again worldwide
- Film trailer: Denzel Washington and Chris Pine in ‘Unstoppable’
- IMAX aims to nearly triple China presence: state media
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Learn Spanish with The Independent
- No-frills hotels arrive in the UK (it's even extra for a clean room)
- Kate Simon: Kiss me quick...I feel like a traditional break
- Tips and deals of the week: 08/08/2010
- Moscow chokes under smog as travellers trapped
- Upmarket hotel puts snails in the bed and cats on the toilet for prominent Asian art fair
- Better late than never - London's Tube gets air-con
- Airport boozing on the up
- Rice paddy art puts Japan village on the map
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more