Day In a Page
Friday, 21 January 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Right Revd Dr Kenneth Stevenson: Colourful priest with a special interest in liturgy who became a popular Bishop of Portsmouth
- Jill Haworth: Actress who came to fame as Sally Bowles in the first stage run of 'Cabaret'
- John Gross: Gregarious, astonishingly well-read literary critic, editor and author
- Don Kirshner: Music publisher and producer behind a wealth of Sixties hits
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Andy Coulson has departed, but uncomfortable questions remain
- Leading article: The folly of a gung-ho prime minister
- Leading article: The subtle art of economic opposition
- Leading article: The empire strikes back
- Leading article: Deep cuts have deep consequences
- Leading article: Not at the dinner table
- Natalie Haynes: These sportswomen know how to hit men right where it hurts
- Anthony Seldon: Great leaders don’t need spokesmen telling them what to think and do
- John O'Farrell: Delayed adulthood will drive us all mad
- Patrick Cockburn: The real scandal is Blair's ignorance
- John Rentoul: A Biased Question
- John Rentoul: Prone to Error
- John Rentoul: The Postbuttal Service
- Ben Chu: Why Iraq?
- John Rentoul: "Meryl Streep? What, literally?"
- Nigel Morris: After the political capital comes only pain for the PM
- James Moore: Bookies are on a winning streak, but it might not last much longer
- Bina Shah: The trust that once flowed between journalists and locals has gone sour
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England suffer another defeat against Australia
- Marsh proves to be chip off the old block – to all except the selectors
- World Cup hopes recede as 'poor' England struck by post-Ashes malaise
- Prior puts his World Cup surprise down to hard work
- Hauritz's World Cup in doubt after he dislocates shoulder
- Andrew Strauss regrets choice of bowlers
- Edwards draws Ashes inspiration from men
- Derbyshire sign rising Aussie star
- Strong start helps Murray through to fourth round
- Henin's hopes evaporate in the Melbourne heat
- Does Venus' first retirement signal end of the Williams era?
- Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic ease into Australian Open last 16
- Can Tomic outgrow the Australian brat pack and sate home hopes for a hero?
- Wozniacki: 'I know all your boring questions already...so here are the answers'
- Injury forces Venus Williams out of Australian Open
- Fired-up Maria Sharapova marches on
- Murray ready for familiar foes after blowing Marchenko away
- Clijsters unworried by rematch with Petrova
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Win one of ten sets of the ultimate hi-viz cycling equipment
- Brands' fan trends: Facebook chat finds eBuddy friends, Disneyland and Digg back in charts
- More than 200 million cellphones in Brazil
- Japanese housewives' secret savings 'at 3-year low'
- China e-commerce sales up 22% in 2010: report
- Google to launch a group buying Groupon-like offers program
- eBay earnings shine on PayPal performance
- Dubai readies Arab Health 2011
- Portable devices linked to US pedestrian death spike
- Hair loss treatment may wreck your sex life
- WHO calls for junk food ban in schools, playgrounds
- George Clooney says got malaria in Sudan
- Grad students hack Kinect to create surgical robots
- Imaging procedure detects Alzheimer's biomarker
- Smoking on TV and film lights up cravings in smokers
- Weekly health and fitness agenda: Arab Health, SIA Snow Show
- Japanese hospital to test new cancer therapy
- Khat inhibits self-control: researchers find
- Migraines don't damage brain: study
- Bedbugs resistant to pesticide, study finds
- Apple's top free iPhone apps of all time: Facebook, Pandora Radio
- Google software for the masses lands in Iran
- Global gaming videos: tattoos, manga basketball, 'Grand Theft Auto' madness
- Japan firm unveils high-strength gadget glass
- 'Angry Birds,' 'Kirby,' 'Dance Central' and 'Black Ops' shortlisted for DICE Summit awards
- Weekly iPhone apps selection: the best retro filters and vintage camera apps
- Old school and new at Berlin video game museum
- Facebook's biggest risers: FarmVille drops, Black Ops climbs Eminem stays stuck
- PC game download deals for January 21-23 and beyond: 'Dead Space' bundle, 'The Sims,' 'King Arthur'
- Mobile Facebook arrives on feature phones, free from data charges
- StumbleUpon top 5 rated websites: spiced chai concentrate, Assange vs. Zuckerberg
- Google co-founder Page replacing Schmidt as CEO
- 'The Sims 3' jostles for position in 3DS launch line-up
- Top three uses for tablets: email, information management, multimedia
- Apple's top paid iPhone apps of all time: Doodle Jump, Tap Tap Revenge
- Weekly tech agenda: Macworld Expo, M-Days 2011
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Noomi Rapace cast in Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus'
- Tarantino to get French movie award
- Beyoncé in Eastwood's 'A Star Is Born'
- Oscars announce shortlist for foreign language films
- Redford opens 'shoestring' Sundance film fest
- Anne Hathaway is Catwoman in Nolan's new Batman film
- 'No Strings Attached' will attack 'Green Hornet'
- 'Tron' rules China box office but Shaolin ready to strike
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Making waves: the ferry that's (almost) too big for the ports
- BA cabin crew vote for further strike action
- Simon Calder: Spilling the beans on air fares
- Traveller's Guide: City beaches
- Travel Agenda: Royal Academy of Arts' new exhibition; New York's restaurant week, Madrid's Gastrofestival; Adventure Travel Live show; Villa Clarisse
- My Life In Travel: Richard Herring, comedian, writer and broadcaster
- Open Jaw: Take note when handing over cash
- Travel challenge: Romantic Paris
- Snow man: Bruce Parry explores the Arctic
- Something To Declare: Istanbul and beyond; Brussels; code-share city breaks; BA-Iberia
- Düsseldorf Boat Show returns this weekend
- As the airline booking battle heats up, what does it mean for travelers?
- Air trends: China to overtake North America 'within a decade'
- Canada's 'Igloofest' revels in music, loves cold
- Marriott pulls plug on in-room adult movies
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: January 21
- Weekly new hotel openings - Sweden, Spain, Singapore and Sharjah
- Global tourist industry eyes the 'pink dollar'
- Wacky world - weekly offbeat travel roundup
- Rubbish hotel opens in heart of Madrid
- Weekly travel agenda: Boot Düsseldorf
- Hybrid tram goes live in US city
- Jennifer Hudson joins Disney characters to name new cruise liner
- New 'Star Wars' attraction to land at Disney theme park
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: January 20
- Germany leads Royal Wedding travel interest
- 'My new favourite resort': Indulge in a little luxury in Morzine
- Speed riding: Get off to a flying start in the French Alps
- Border crossings: The French resort of Montgenèvre has plenty of Italian influences
- Canada: Welcome to 'slackcountry'
- From fear to exhilaration: Go off piste in Livigno
- Switzerland: Discover the delights of cross-country skiing in Davos
- Ski news: Hot topics on the slopes
- Stephen Wood: The men who give winter a helping hand
- Ski chalets: Experience the personal touch
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: The fines are fine – but the penalties should be heavier
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: Why is the cinema so expensive?
- Questions Of Cash: Why didn't bank warn me on cashpoint fraud?
- Derek Pain: An odd quintet, to be sure, but these five are poised to take off
- Mark Dampier: Moore's merry-go-round with Standard Life fund
- The Bargain Hunter: Blue Cross your heart
- Consuming Issues: Is organic food worth the extra money?
- The investors for whom small is often beautiful
- Money Insider: Are mortgage rates about to rise again?
- Seven fund superstars to trust with your cash
- Shopping 2.0: you can save online and in the high street
- Spotlight On: Leeds' base rate tracker bond
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond