Day In a Page
- Laurie Penny: People power isn't just a fad for a magazine cover
- Tim Lott: We're off to see the Wizard – with ET and The Godfather
- Simon Kelner: Blaming society’s ills on Godlessness is senseless
- Rebecca Armstrong: I would rather have Roses than mistletoe any day
- Viv Groskop: Behind every Christopher Hitchens...
- Ian Burrell: News of the World outcasts still appear to have their friends in prime places
- Ben Chu: How far and how fast is key to the reforms
- Steve Crawshaw: Havel was a giant for Eastern Europe who must be remembered
- Hugh Bonneville: It's so inspiring to see Merlin's committed workforce in action
- Patrick Cockburn: This is just the start of the struggle
- David Randall: What did France ever do for us?
- DJ Taylor: The limitless power of self-delusion
- Paul Vallely: War is messy, but peace is demanding
- Harriet Walker: I've ended up living like a deposed Royal
- The IoS Diary (18/12/2011)
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.