Day In a Page
Friday, 22 April 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Billy Gray: Footballer whose energetic midfield scheming helped Nottingham Forest to FA Cup glory in 1959
- Tony Levin: Drummer who excelled with Tubby Hayes and became a leading exponent of free jazz
- Trevor Bannister: Actor who made his name as the cheeky Mr Lucas in Are You Being Served?
- Alan Uglow: Artist who took inspiration from his love of football
- Pietro Ferrero: Heir to the famously secretive Ferrero confectionery company
- John Steane: Distinguished literary scholar and music critic
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Washington finally realises the role it must play in saving Libya
- Leading article: Let the church speak its mind
- Leading article: A blind eye in the West to repression in the Gulf
- Leading article: Scenting trouble
- Leading article: Lords reform must be delayed no longer
- Leading article: Morrissey's instant classic?
- Tim Montgomerie: PM ought to focus on his own base – not on Clegg
- Harriet Walker: Once we used to donate stuff. Now we just want to flog it
- E Jane Dickson: How did the church turn into the most radical voice in the land?
- Patrick Cockburn: The regimes are rallying their forces. Is the tide turning against Arab freedom?
- John Kampfner: Justice Eady is in danger of making an ass of the law
- Jeremy Laurance: Asthma sufferers beware: the dangers are all too real
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Yes, men really can make it longer: study
- As with blood, several types of human gut
- US updates guidelines for diagnosing Alzheimer's
- Attractive men have long... ring fingers: study
- WHO says artemisinin preferred as malaria treatment
- Ovarian cancer starts elsewhere: study
- US states blast Snoop Dogg-endorsed alcohol drink
- Health and fitness agenda: WHO promotes fitness with Move for Health Day
- Researchers green-light steroid creams to treat children with eczema
- Studies link low IQ to prenatal pesticide exposure
- US approves Swiss firm's cervical cancer test
- 'Sonic Generations' due 2011, Team ICO games delayed
- Technology addiction takes toll in Asia
- Sony scrambles to revive PlayStation Network
- Los Angeles chosen to host FIFA Interactive World Cup 2011
- Video game releases: 'DarkSpore,' 'Virtua Tennis 4'
- Amazon wrangling with online hosting woes
- Apple tops Nokia as top handset vendor in revenue
- Creative ways to get back at your ex and cream cheese deodorant prank: top StumbleUpon sites
- S. Korean firm unveils robot playmate for kids
- Google Doodle celebrates Earth Day
- iOS for iPad surpasses Linux in top 'desktop OS' ranking
- Twitter index: Justin Bieber surpasses 9 million followers
- Amazon hosting issues knock websites offline
- New 'L.A. Noire' trailer details detective career path
- Tech agenda: Conferences address future of web, cities
- Top tech headlines: iPhone, iPad tracking your location, PlayBook sales, Twitter bids for TweetDeck
- Samsung bites back at Apple with lawsuit
- Royal wedding spoof tops 8 million views: viral video spotlight
- New 'Anarchy Reigns' character: Nikolai
- Fifty percent off all EA titles, 'Sims Medieval,' 'Bulletstorm' - weekend PC game sales
- App-craze hits 'smart watches' as watches pack in more brains
- US lawmakers ask Apple about tracking feature
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Calder: The true value of customer feedback
- Travel Agenda: South Beach's Hotel Breakwater; London Eye; Sony World Photography Festival; Cesme peninsula
- Travel By Numbers: Shakespeare
- Traveller's Guide: Golfing holidays
- Open Jaw: 'Visiting Norfolk? Enjoy a scenic trip on the Poppy Line'
- My Life In Travel: Darren Gough, former cricketer and presenter
- Something To Declare: Glastonbury; Leaning Tower of Pisa; Caribbean island-hopping; Alentejo deluxe
- Sweden's 17th century Vasa, a voyage back from disaster
- Low-budget airline to open in Caribbean
- Royal wedding set to spark UK tourism bonanza
- Hilton unveils new lobby design
- Royal for a day: London's luxury hotels cash in
- S.Africa aims to double foreign tourist numbers
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: April 22
- With one week to go, London polishes up for royal wedding
- Britain gears up for global royal wedding
- Travel agenda: loyalty programs under the spotlight in awards ceremony
- Walk the Royal Wedding route with new app
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money Insider: Don't get stung by card charges on your holiday
- Questions Of Cash: 'Delayed' loan had been declined
- Derek Pain: Olympics security firm jumps ahead after sluggish start
- Spotlight On: Fixed-rate ISA
- The Bargain Hunter: Chocs away
- Simon Read: 'I'm sad to see the end of another mutual dream'
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: Wedding gift costs - how much do I spend?
- Where there's a will there's room for strife
- UK smaller company funds back in fashion
- Mark Dampier: Unloved, out of fashion and just the medicine
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)