Day In a Page
Saturday, 7 May 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- William Craig: Unionist politician who started out as a moderate but moved to extremism during the Troubles
- Eddie Turnbull: Uncompromising footballer who enjoyed success with Hibernian as player and manager
- Professor Christian Lambertsen: Inventor of the scuba device known as 'father of the frogmen'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Huhne: No reform now means bigger reform later
- Patrick Cockburn: The night I shot Donald Trump
- DJ Taylor: Matters of life, death, justice – and football
- Robert Rowland Smith: If you're happy, and you know it, clap your hands
- Harriet Walker: Face to face with a gadget bore
- Patrick Cockburn: Wasn't Bin Laden the reason we went to war?
- Harriet Walker: To my generation, Union Jack pashminas are still post-modern
- Sindy: The IoS Diary (08/05/11)
- John Rentoul: How many 2011 predictions will John Rentoul get right?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Birth control prescribed for Hong Kong monkeys
- Ecologists raise alarm over Russia's Olympics
- Girl Scout cookies cause outrage, population to top 10 billion and other green stories of the week
- Beaver dam partly contains Canada oil spill
- Bubblegum bins and other innovative green products at Grand Designs Live
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ballesteros dies at home in north Spain
- 'Seve made you love him. Made you wish you could be him'
- James Lawton: Seve - fierce commitment and uncharted brilliance
- Ballesteros, passionate genius with unique talent
- Paul Lawrie: Seve, my hero
- Tributes paid to Seve Ballesteros
- The Hacker: I finally sober up but Dr Em is an albatross around my neck
- 'Severe deterioration' in health of Spanish legend Ballesteros
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maker's mark: A new generation of artisans are reviving arts and crafts
- Wear animal prints on your lips with these temporary tattoos
- Nivea cream marks 100th birthday, wrinkle-free
- Candymaker claims bonbon leaves skin rose-scented
- China sees growing demand for 'soft gold' cashmere
- Watch: the best collections from Australian fashion week
- Nars launches interactive website, lets you share your best beauty looks
- Avastin found effective against macular degeneration
- Study: foot-and-mouth controls possibly overdone
- Nearly one 1 in 12 in US have asthma: study
- I control therefore I am: chimps self-aware, says study
- New vibrator hits local drugstores in US
- Surgery better for younger prostate patients: report
- US takes aim at purported sex disease 'cures'
- CeBIT Australia showcases ceramic bone substitutes printed in 3D, German technology
- US Holocaust museum to put records online
- Video game releases: 'Lego Pirates of the Caribbean,' 'Brink'
- Infinite Monkeys makes smartphone 'apps' simple
- Learn how to make a stand-out website and earn money online: top StumbleUpon sites
- New 'Assassin's Creed' in November, 'Mass Effect 3' now 2012
- 'Saints Row: The Third' reveals gangster creation suite
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Japan's fading 'Pink' movies get festival show
- Brazilian moms head to movie theater, baby in tow
- Epic 'Thor' thunders to box office number 1
- Italian director Bellocchio to get lifetime award in Venice
- Global names on Cannes jury to decide coveted Palme
- Hong Kong comedian spreads cheer at Italy festival
- Convicted Iranian film-makers to feature at Cannes
- Spielberg seeks Tommy Lee Jones and John Hawkes to join cast of 'Lincoln'
- Ahead of release, social media buzz for Harry Potter grows
- Willis, Vaughn and Zeta-Jones aboard gambling biopic 'Lay the Favorite'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kate Simon: London is a great city, just don't try getting around it
- Keep up. Everyone dines in the hotel restaurant these days
- Simon Calder: Strategies for travel after Osama bin Laden
- Tips and deals of the week: 08/05/2011
- My Life In Travel: Emilio Estévez
- Something To Declare: Yotel opens in New York; Guaranteed seat to Paris; The Maldives; Islands of the Med
- Open Jaw: 'Anglesey rejuvenates man's inner spirit'
- Travel Agenda: The Rosewood Hotel Georgia; Isle of WIght Walking Festival; Museums at Night; The Lanesboroughhotel; National Skiathon
- All-women army unit lures 'red' tourists in China
- Australia agenda: designer label discounts at Fashion Weekend Sydney
- Japanese language traced to Korean Peninsula: study
- Pain at the pump means change for US drivers
- New summer deals from hotels - a roundup of the best
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Cheques to decline further as guarantee system ends
- Can investors make a mint on the Mints?
- Julian Knight: We need a little mutual assistance here
- Consumer rights: Badly managed London hotel ruined my family's Easter break
- The mortgage dilemma – should you fix or go variable?
- David Kuo: Cloud cybercrime has silver lining for shareholders
- Derek Pain: Why not be bold and take a punt on the stock exchange?
- Ben Yearsley: Get a taste for investing in food production
- Five Questions About: Store cards
- Simon Read: Lloyds finally shows common sense by making a PPI climbdown
- Questions Of Cash: 'I've been waiting 36 days for a holiday refund'
- Spotlight On: Nationwide's 'save to buy' account
- Andrew Hagger: Credit card customers getting a raw deal
- Commodities promise an interesting ride for investors
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: How much is fixing my dongle going to cost?
- The Bargain Hunter: Grab yourself a gazebo
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more