Day In a Page
Saturday, 7 May 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- William Craig: Unionist politician who started out as a moderate but moved to extremism during the Troubles
- Eddie Turnbull: Uncompromising footballer who enjoyed success with Hibernian as player and manager
- Professor Christian Lambertsen: Inventor of the scuba device known as 'father of the frogmen'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Huhne: No reform now means bigger reform later
- DJ Taylor: Matters of life, death, justice – and football
- Patrick Cockburn: The night I shot Donald Trump
- Robert Rowland Smith: If you're happy, and you know it, clap your hands
- Harriet Walker: Face to face with a gadget bore
- Patrick Cockburn: Wasn't Bin Laden the reason we went to war?
- Harriet Walker: To my generation, Union Jack pashminas are still post-modern
- Sindy: The IoS Diary (08/05/11)
- John Rentoul: How many 2011 predictions will John Rentoul get right?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Birth control prescribed for Hong Kong monkeys
- Ecologists raise alarm over Russia's Olympics
- Beaver dam partly contains Canada oil spill
- Bubblegum bins and other innovative green products at Grand Designs Live
- Girl Scout cookies cause outrage, population to top 10 billion and other green stories of the week
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ballesteros dies at home in north Spain
- 'Seve made you love him. Made you wish you could be him'
- Ballesteros, passionate genius with unique talent
- James Lawton: Seve - fierce commitment and uncharted brilliance
- Paul Lawrie: Seve, my hero
- Tributes paid to Seve Ballesteros
- The Hacker: I finally sober up but Dr Em is an albatross around my neck
- 'Severe deterioration' in health of Spanish legend Ballesteros
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maker's mark: A new generation of artisans are reviving arts and crafts
- China sees growing demand for 'soft gold' cashmere
- Wear animal prints on your lips with these temporary tattoos
- Nivea cream marks 100th birthday, wrinkle-free
- Candymaker claims bonbon leaves skin rose-scented
- Nars launches interactive website, lets you share your best beauty looks
- Watch: the best collections from Australian fashion week
- Nearly one 1 in 12 in US have asthma: study
- Avastin found effective against macular degeneration
- Study: foot-and-mouth controls possibly overdone
- US takes aim at purported sex disease 'cures'
- I control therefore I am: chimps self-aware, says study
- New vibrator hits local drugstores in US
- Surgery better for younger prostate patients: report
- CeBIT Australia showcases ceramic bone substitutes printed in 3D, German technology
- Video game releases: 'Lego Pirates of the Caribbean,' 'Brink'
- US Holocaust museum to put records online
- New 'Assassin's Creed' in November, 'Mass Effect 3' now 2012
- Infinite Monkeys makes smartphone 'apps' simple
- Learn how to make a stand-out website and earn money online: top StumbleUpon sites
- 'Saints Row: The Third' reveals gangster creation suite
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Brazilian moms head to movie theater, baby in tow
- Global names on Cannes jury to decide coveted Palme
- Hong Kong comedian spreads cheer at Italy festival
- Japan's fading 'Pink' movies get festival show
- Epic 'Thor' thunders to box office number 1
- Italian director Bellocchio to get lifetime award in Venice
- Ahead of release, social media buzz for Harry Potter grows
- Spielberg seeks Tommy Lee Jones and John Hawkes to join cast of 'Lincoln'
- Willis, Vaughn and Zeta-Jones aboard gambling biopic 'Lay the Favorite'
- Convicted Iranian film-makers to feature at Cannes
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kate Simon: London is a great city, just don't try getting around it
- Keep up. Everyone dines in the hotel restaurant these days
- Simon Calder: Strategies for travel after Osama bin Laden
- Tips and deals of the week: 08/05/2011
- My Life In Travel: Emilio Estévez
- Travel Agenda: The Rosewood Hotel Georgia; Isle of WIght Walking Festival; Museums at Night; The Lanesboroughhotel; National Skiathon
- Something To Declare: Yotel opens in New York; Guaranteed seat to Paris; The Maldives; Islands of the Med
- Open Jaw: 'Anglesey rejuvenates man's inner spirit'
- Japanese language traced to Korean Peninsula: study
- All-women army unit lures 'red' tourists in China
- Australia agenda: designer label discounts at Fashion Weekend Sydney
- New summer deals from hotels - a roundup of the best
- Pain at the pump means change for US drivers
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Cheques to decline further as guarantee system ends
- Can investors make a mint on the Mints?
- Julian Knight: We need a little mutual assistance here
- Consumer rights: Badly managed London hotel ruined my family's Easter break
- The mortgage dilemma – should you fix or go variable?
- David Kuo: Cloud cybercrime has silver lining for shareholders
- Derek Pain: Why not be bold and take a punt on the stock exchange?
- Ben Yearsley: Get a taste for investing in food production
- The Bargain Hunter: Grab yourself a gazebo
- Andrew Hagger: Credit card customers getting a raw deal
- Alice-Azania Jarvis: How much is fixing my dongle going to cost?
- Five Questions About: Store cards
- Simon Read: Lloyds finally shows common sense by making a PPI climbdown
- Commodities promise an interesting ride for investors
- Questions Of Cash: 'I've been waiting 36 days for a holiday refund'
- Spotlight On: Nationwide's 'save to buy' account
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope