Day In a Page
Monday, 1 August 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dr Hanna Segal: Psychoanalyst who was inspired by Melanie Klein and contributed hugely to the field of cultural studies
- Edith Fellows: Child star who was forced in court to choose between her mother and grandmother
- Cec Thompson: The first black man to play rugby league for Great Britain
- Joe Mogotsi: Singer and songwriter who expressed the soulful cry of township jazz
- Neil Macvicar: Soldier, lawyer, public servant and writer with a passion for Greece and its history
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Impotence is the price of a reckless foreign policy
- Leading article: We should not let the drinks industry set policy on alcohol
- Leading article: Cutting all means of support
- Leading article: Degrees are not for everybody
- Leading article: More, please
- Leading article: Giving ground to the Taliban
- Leading article: Disaster postponed
- Fatuma Noor: Who’s to blame for the drought in East Africa?
- Oliver Wright: An unintended consequence of the phone hacking scandal
- Stephen Foley: Will Obama lose the US’s AAA credit rating?
- Andrew Buncombe: Could you design a better school for Burma’s children?
- Ben Chu: "Pain’s a laugh, and pleasure makes ‘em cry"
- Jake Hanrahan: They are Anonymous – Legion or Loathsome?
- Jerome Taylor: Gone but not forgotten: how deleted emails can be traced
- Sean O'Grady: Once again, the lessons of Keynes are being ignored
- David Weigel: President may have escaped a crisis, but at a massive cost to his party
- Sarah Churchwell: The wilful ignorance that has dragged the US to the brink
- Tim Luckhurst: Wrong way to fight a good cause
- Julian Baggini: Clemency still has its place
- Andrew Martin: You always remember the first time
- Shashank Joshi: A conflict haunted by echoes of the past
- Archie Bland: All I was left with were bad memories
- Dr Vivienne Nathanson: These firms have a vested interest in boosting sales
- Sean O'Grady: Any reduction in America's credit rating will affect every person on the planet
- Ben Chu: Did the Tory tabloids keep Labour out of power?
- Oliver Wright: An unintended consequence of the phone hacking scandal
- Ben Chu: "Pain's a laugh, and pleasure makes 'em cry"
- Kerry McCarthy: MPs should tweet more, not less
- Natalie Haynes: Bravo to the history boys – and girls
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Strauss wants world domination
- ‘I was a bit naive’ admits Bell as Dhoni averts full-blown crisis
- James Lawton: Visitors' lack of appetite and fight threatens to spoil victory
- James Lawton: Rule of Law is trampled on to protect 'spirit of the game'
- Anything is possible. First a whitewash, next step the world
- Bresnan's brio with bat and ball completes England rout
- England's lower order are already No 1 – at stacking up the runs
- Andrew Buncombe: Back at home, fans are full of praise for Dhoni
- Bopara hungry for Lions runs to step into Trott's shoes
- Angus Fraser: India's captain did the right thing: winning at all costs is not cricket
- Bresnan bowls England to crushing victory
- England take charge on day series reached boiling point
- Struggling Strauss must turn promising acorns into great oak
- Amol Rajan: Bowlers need help to make batting heavy work
- How the fourth (and final) day unfolded
- Round-up: Lancashire collapse to Carter on his belated start to season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New service not only organizes, but also stores and delivers your wardrobe around the globe
- Brazil's plus-size women want fashion that fits
- MAC collaborates with Cindy Sherman for artsy limited edition
- Last Harajuku Lovers fragrance to be released
- Terry Richardson to publish new book of Lady Gaga 'as never seen before'
- Watch the Rugby World Cup in awesome style with a complete home cinema system
- Savory, salt and vinegar-spiked cocktails pushing beverage 'frontier'
- Bosnia's first McDonald's gives much-awaited taste of West
- Michael Chiarello tapped as airline chef
- 'World's best restaurant' elBulli closes
- Electronic tongue created to classify cava wines
- Are colonics the ultimate cleanse? Doctors say definitely not
- Study finds hidden danger lurking in the pool
- Anorexic at five in Britain
- Parents are feeding babies too much salt: study
- New antibody propels hunt for universal flu vaccine
- Lab-on-a-chip may be game-changer in disease detection
- Fascial fitness and post-pregnancy workouts new at IDEA World
- Fatty foods enhance mood regardless of taste
- New fitness techniques at this year's IDEA World Fitness
- Twitter index: BMW shows off pictures of its i8 and i3 electric cars
- Cat's curious walk gets viewers' attention: viral video spotlight
- Nokia takes the wraps off the multicolored 500 smartphone and a new handset naming convention
- PC download charts: 'E.Y.E,' 'Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines'
- Yao Chen cracks 10 million follower milestone, Obama sends Twitter "spam"
- Bird takes ride on car wipers: viral video spotlight
- 'Heroes of Newerth' joins free play throng
- Twitter index: Adobe Edge launch signals the death of Flash, the start of Ramadan
- Tablet sales rise in China as rivals take bite out of Apple
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kings of Leon cancel US tour after Dallas concert cut short
- Singer will.i.am to work with US, perform in China
- Watch live stream of Bon Iver's August 2 concert
- Amy Winehouse takes over Last.fm singles chart
- Most blogged artists: Drake collaborates with Stevie Wonder, drops new single
- Winehouse back on top of British charts
- Most blogged artists: noise-pop duo Gauntlet Hair teases debut disc
- Lollapalooza to welcome a record sell-out crowd to Chicago
- Weekly US music releases: Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Keb' Mo', John Hiatt
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 10 best travel essentials
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: August 2
- Swiss are world's train champions: official data
- Istanbul tops list of world's fastest-growing airports
- Kolkata set for 'London Eye' in major facelift
- Finalists for America's best restroom unveiled
- S.African high speed train link takes off
- Wobbly sections of Berlin Wall to be restored
- Johannesburg unveils high-speed rail to Pretoria
- Switzerland, Israel top adventure tourism ranking
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: August 1
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death