Day In a Page
- Jim Sherwood: Core member of Frank Zappa's The Mothers of Invention
- Sultan Khan: Indian vocalist and doyen of the sarangi
- John Chamberlain: Sculptor who gave new life to scrap-heap cars
- Ronald Searle: Illustrator and cartoonist who created the anarchic world of St Trinian's
- Vasily Starodubtsev: Politician who tried to topple Gorbachev in 1991
- Brian Cathcart: The killing of Stephen Lawrence ended Britain's denial about racism
- Amol Rajan: Coalition is presiding over the fissuring of England
- Owen Jones: Beware the assumptions the Lawrence verdict gives rise to
- Natalie Haynes: Water-cooler television still counts
- Richard Wolffe: Mitt Romney's underwhelming performance does not fully explain Iowa's extraordinary three-way split
- Ben Chu: If we want to get tough on banks, Europe should set a better example
- Alex Wheatle: A hope I feel in spite of so many wrongs
- Tim Bresnan a doubt for England
- Michael Clarke makes history as Australia take complete charge against India
- Ponting fires again... but is that good for Australia?
- Bell resigned to relegation but dreams of climbing back to No 3
- Ricky Ponting's first century for two years sees Australia take control against India
- Pattinson's dream start gathers pace
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.