Day In a Page
Sunday, 14 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Other people's music is the soundtrack to my commute
- Have you heard the one about the Jewish mother?
- The wit of the wise beats any number of sermons
- Weasel words that politicians use to obscure terrible truths
- How Ed Miliband gave David Cameron a road to the centre ground (where elections are won)
- Has Ian Paisley Jr. said the stupidest thing yet in relation to Sir Jimmy Savile's alleged child abuse?
- Restaurant ‘concepts’ are so much sound and fury - why can't we just eat, drink and talk?
- Hopelessly flawed and never quite what they seem - but leaders cling to referendums for comfort
- My US paradox: why are the shops so nice but the politics so nasty?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Busy body
- We can't let this obsession with class compromise academic standards at our top Universities
- Thanks to Felix, our next step should be the Moon
- Ann Romney is the real Republican threat to women
- Homeland or Downton Abbey: it’s decision time
- The theocrats who tried to kill Malala Yousufzai must be defeated. Sign our petition to join the fight
- The allegations of abuse by Jimmy Savile reveal our myopia about the sex lives of the rich and famous
- As Virgin are asked to run the West Coast mainline for another year, lets revisit a more radical option
- Sometimes people will believe anything in the name of charity
- Shameless was once a groundbreaking show but now seems to have lost its relevance
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Safe or sorry?
- I was told 'psychiatrists would be out of a job if we could stop child abuse'
- The sombre day a language dies
- Why do so many people act as if our views on abortion are a badge of political allegiance?
- Tracey Emin joins our campaign for same-sex marriage by calling on the Church to open up
- Blair's tormentor returns; jumping the Gaunt-let; Mensch made up; and Headline of the Week
- After years of suffering in silence, the victims of Jimmy Savile's crimes deserve to be heard loud and clear
- Arms trading, BAE Systems and why politicians and men from the military make a very dubious mix
- Until the virtues of sport are accepted in our state education system, opening up private school playing fields won't make the tiniest difference
- A country defined by equality, not ethnicity; and a plan to defeat HIV/Aids: my vision for Kenya
- How rent-a-mob jihadis are tormenting a benighted Christian minority in Bashar al-Assad's Syria
- The Mason-Dixon line is showing its age
- War on white: why Stella can't sell her house
- The ultimate heroism is forgiving the enemy
- A vote at 16 would pep up politics
- Tories, please note: money isn't everything
- Finally, abuse victims are being taken seriously
- If only hard books are good, Austen is rubbish
- I'm trying to ignore Twitter #betterthingstodo
- Rant & Rave (14/10/12)
- The Emperor's New Clothes (14/10/12)
- Lady Gaga and Prince to sing for the Great Gatsby?
- David Beckham takes on child stunting
- Harvard magazine mistakes racist garbage for satire
- Boris Johnson says: give Thatcher the Nobel
- Felix Baumgartner's jump, in Lego!
- Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to be Gay for a Year
- Reddit, Violentacrez, and the biggest troll on the web
- What hope for our over-fished oceans?
- World's most popular blogger is Chinese
- What Obama could learn from Joe Biden
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel 'set to join Ferrari' in 2014
- 'Heroic' Lewis Hamilton limps in as Sebastian Vettel smooths the way towards title victory
- Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix to move in championship lead
- Red Bull team boss Christian Horner struggled to watch Sebastian Vettel's closing laps during Korean Gran Prix victory
- Jenson Button brands Kamui Kobayashi 'idiotic' and attacks Sergio Perez for forcing him out
- Superbikes: Byrne takes British crown
- Heather Watson the warrior becomes first Briton to win WTA title in 24 years
- Revenge for Novak Djokovic as combat with Andy Murray takes on new level of intensity
- Andy Murray squanders five championship points as Djokovic takes his revenge in Shanghai
- Heather Watson beats Kai-Chen to take Japan Open
- No way for Federer to avoid Murray juggernaut
- Heather Watson climbs into top 50 following victory at the Japan Open
- Paul Newman: Friendly rivalry between Heather Watson and Laura Robson can inspire both to scale greater heights
- Golding prepares for life in fast lane
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’