Day In a Page
Sunday, 14 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Other people's music is the soundtrack to my commute
- Have you heard the one about the Jewish mother?
- The wit of the wise beats any number of sermons
- Weasel words that politicians use to obscure terrible truths
- How Ed Miliband gave David Cameron a road to the centre ground (where elections are won)
- Has Ian Paisley Jr. said the stupidest thing yet in relation to Sir Jimmy Savile's alleged child abuse?
- Restaurant ‘concepts’ are so much sound and fury - why can't we just eat, drink and talk?
- Hopelessly flawed and never quite what they seem - but leaders cling to referendums for comfort
- My US paradox: why are the shops so nice but the politics so nasty?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Busy body
- We can't let this obsession with class compromise academic standards at our top Universities
- Thanks to Felix, our next step should be the Moon
- Ann Romney is the real Republican threat to women
- Homeland or Downton Abbey: it’s decision time
- The theocrats who tried to kill Malala Yousufzai must be defeated. Sign our petition to join the fight
- The allegations of abuse by Jimmy Savile reveal our myopia about the sex lives of the rich and famous
- As Virgin are asked to run the West Coast mainline for another year, lets revisit a more radical option
- Sometimes people will believe anything in the name of charity
- Shameless was once a groundbreaking show but now seems to have lost its relevance
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Safe or sorry?
- I was told 'psychiatrists would be out of a job if we could stop child abuse'
- The sombre day a language dies
- Why do so many people act as if our views on abortion are a badge of political allegiance?
- Tracey Emin joins our campaign for same-sex marriage by calling on the Church to open up
- Blair's tormentor returns; jumping the Gaunt-let; Mensch made up; and Headline of the Week
- After years of suffering in silence, the victims of Jimmy Savile's crimes deserve to be heard loud and clear
- Arms trading, BAE Systems and why politicians and men from the military make a very dubious mix
- Until the virtues of sport are accepted in our state education system, opening up private school playing fields won't make the tiniest difference
- A country defined by equality, not ethnicity; and a plan to defeat HIV/Aids: my vision for Kenya
- How rent-a-mob jihadis are tormenting a benighted Christian minority in Bashar al-Assad's Syria
- The Mason-Dixon line is showing its age
- War on white: why Stella can't sell her house
- The ultimate heroism is forgiving the enemy
- A vote at 16 would pep up politics
- Tories, please note: money isn't everything
- Finally, abuse victims are being taken seriously
- If only hard books are good, Austen is rubbish
- I'm trying to ignore Twitter #betterthingstodo
- Rant & Rave (14/10/12)
- The Emperor's New Clothes (14/10/12)
- Lady Gaga and Prince to sing for the Great Gatsby?
- David Beckham takes on child stunting
- Harvard magazine mistakes racist garbage for satire
- Boris Johnson says: give Thatcher the Nobel
- Felix Baumgartner's jump, in Lego!
- Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to be Gay for a Year
- Reddit, Violentacrez, and the biggest troll on the web
- What hope for our over-fished oceans?
- World's most popular blogger is Chinese
- What Obama could learn from Joe Biden
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel 'set to join Ferrari' in 2014
- 'Heroic' Lewis Hamilton limps in as Sebastian Vettel smooths the way towards title victory
- Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix to move in championship lead
- Red Bull team boss Christian Horner struggled to watch Sebastian Vettel's closing laps during Korean Gran Prix victory
- Jenson Button brands Kamui Kobayashi 'idiotic' and attacks Sergio Perez for forcing him out
- Superbikes: Byrne takes British crown
- Heather Watson the warrior becomes first Briton to win WTA title in 24 years
- Revenge for Novak Djokovic as combat with Andy Murray takes on new level of intensity
- Andy Murray squanders five championship points as Djokovic takes his revenge in Shanghai
- Heather Watson beats Kai-Chen to take Japan Open
- No way for Federer to avoid Murray juggernaut
- Heather Watson climbs into top 50 following victory at the Japan Open
- Paul Newman: Friendly rivalry between Heather Watson and Laura Robson can inspire both to scale greater heights
- Golding prepares for life in fast lane
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food