Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Walter Harrison: Labour whip whose efforts did much to keep the party in power in the 1970s
- Russell Means: American Indian activist and actor
- Stanford Ovshinsky: Pioneering inventor
- Flight Lieutenant William Walker: The oldest surviving pilot from the Battle of Britain
- Svetozar Gligoric: Grandmaster who challenged Soviet dominance
- Claude Cheysson: Outspoken politician who was famously 'handbagged' by Mrs Thatcher
- Willy van Rysel: Long-distance swimming pioneer
- Gart Westerhout: Celebrated astronomer
- Claude Cheysson
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is it sad that I find the US elections so enthralling?
- A 'Black Players' Association' won't end racism in football
- Rached Ghannouchi says he doesn’t want an Islamic state in Tunisia. Can he prove his critics wrong?
- Is the perfect day different for men and women?
- There's something queasy about Conrad Black appearing on prime-time TV
- Work for your pension? That’s a bit rich, my Lord
- If you can’t say what’s in it, don’t eat it
- Politicians of all hues want more local democracy. But do any of them know what it actually means?
- If you ask me...the Newsnight editor was right, what woman doesn’t love having her reputation ruined?
- My chance to worship at the feet of the great nature writer Ronald Blythe
- Some sins remove you from the guest list. Others just don’t matter
- Why does the notion of human rights get such a bad press in Britain?
- The GDP figures say Britain is out of recession. But keeping our economy growing won't be easy
- For interns, or the young and out of work, E4's ‘The Work Experience’ was painful viewing
- What it's like to be gay in the world's most homophobic country
- Standardised food labels won't end 'calorie confusion'
- Caitlin Moran's comments are just one example. Too often our media sees only shades of white
- ‘Girls’ is not diverse, not feminist and not empowering
- Never mind Skyfall and Daniel Craig; James Bond has always been stylish, insecure, and a bit rubbish
- Our shock is not enough. Malala's attackers must be brought to justice
- Print journalism is becoming a luxury few can afford
- Teaching our children to ‘read’ and ‘write’ – the case for computer science
- Electronically tracking kids is paranoid parenting
- The values of Democracy 15 will come from our supporters. Are these a good starting point?
- Why are they trending? #iMac, #ipadmini, James Bond
- Why I refuse to wear wool
- Mitt Romney's Gulf gaffe just a ripple in this cliffhanger of a contest
- Spearmint Rhino's 24 hour strip club and Page 3 - you're not about 'choice' for women
- He’s pummelled Paxman. He’s battered Boulton. Now I’m rooting for a Conrad Black hat-trick
- What one axed ‘story’ tells us about truth and the power of journalism in Britain
- Romney was outclassed by Obama, but it’s still all to play for in the US presidential elections
- Britain, the eurozone, and how we could win the battle for the EU budget but lose the war
- I’ll happily wager Russians will have a new capital by mid-century
- Diary: Conrad Black is back and Hansard has its own, secret Cabinet reshuffle
- At last! Commissioners will restore public trust in the police by devolving power and are long overdue
- Barack Obama and Mitt Romney both revealed weaknesses in a debate that won't be decisive
- America’s vast domestic surveillance regime is an affront to liberty. The example should be resisted
- There's more to anti-racism in football than the Kick it Out campaign - as the likes of Rio Ferdinand know
- Are women-only parks the answer to street harassment in Pakistan?
- Caitlin Moran and Lena Dunham are great, but take note Vagenda - feminism isn't just a white, middle class movement
- We need a 21st century Voltaire Test to fight the growing power of censorship around the world
- Chris Kirkland goalkeeper assault is one for courts, but hooliganism exists - just look at the abuse against Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones
- George Pratt's faith in atheism: Scouts must Promise to Obey - and if they don't, they're out
- 'Ugly girl': The negative messages we send to our daughters
- Why are they trending? #Lynndebate, Romney, Tour de France, Lance Armstrong, Ceefax
- The shadow of George W Bush hovered over last night's debate between Obama and Romney
- Did Trenton Oldfield deserve six months?
- Top ten weirdest mobile phone insurance claims
- Suspected clown paedophile in band called The Core Of Your Nightmares
- The New Yorker endorses Barack Obama
- Skeleton of elderly man found in bed (in pyjamas) who died at least 15 years ago
- Popular kids in high-school will earn higher wages
- Is Donald Trump going to leak Obama divorce papers?
- Lap dances aren't art, folks
- Paranormal Activity, not Madagascar 3, shown to audience of toddlers
- I GPS tracked my wife, and it didn't feel good
- Girl dies after drinking cans of Monster
- Obama vs Romney: best of the Twitter reaction
- Reaction: Obama vs Romney, the third presidential debate
- Editorial: The battle for equal pay begins on the shopfloor
- Editorial: Savile - a stick to beat the BBC with
- Editorial: Turn right to buy weapons, left for the Church
- Editorial: Another chapter of the phone-hacking scandal
- Editorial: Not a convincing Director-General
- Editorial: Did Nick Clegg sell out in vain?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry