Day In a Page
Monday, 29 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Commander Bill King: The last surviving Second World War submarine commander
- Hans Werner Henze: Composer widely regarded as one of the greatest of the 20th century
- Peter Cork: Music teacher to Dudley Moore and composer for television and radio
- John Clive: Actor who also wrote thrillers
- Anthony Browne: Interior designer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- At least Louise Mensch's spat got her in the news again
- Conrad Black's barrage of facts in a bloodless victory
- As Sandi Firth is crowned the winner, why did some say Jewish Mum of the Year was bad for Jews?
- You may as well forget 4G until reception on the trains is up to speed
- Who could we possibly get to run the police better than they do themselves?
- As Hurricane Sandy batters the East Coast, how is America coping with its economic storm?
- I wish our politicians would stop talking about reforming the NHS and just get on and do it
- We live with our parents, act more politely and abuse fewer drugs. Is this Generation Zzzz?
- Oh, you poor middle classes, having to cut back on your lovely organic veg boxes
- How can we cure cancer when it's lifestyle that's to blame?
- The world must act to protect Burma’s Rohingya from starvation and slaughter
- No excuses, our leaders should debate on TV in 2015
- The persecution of the Rohingya: how a benighted minority in Burma suffer at the hands of despots
- My top ten favourite things about cancer
- Ed Miliband says he wants to reform mental health care. My years on the front line make me sceptical
- Tackling disease is key to solving global poverty
- If the Tories want a majority at the next election, they should hurry up and sign Lynton Crosby
- The end of feminism? There are more of us than you think
- Hurricane Sandy: Uptown, they described it as 'mostly hype' - but then came flying metal and flooded streets
- My christening dilemma: I'm gay and an atheist, should I be a godparent?
- Affairs with his Secretary, incompetence, amateur boxing... how John Prescott defies political gravity
- I’m confused. Is female nudity now demeaning or empowering?
- Stop knocking Halloween. It’s a chance to crack my teeth on toffee apples
- And so I bid Penguin a sad farewell
- Will George Osborne dare to be radical when he appoints the next Governor of the Bank of England?
- If you ask me...I am flabbergasted that an ancient crone like Gwyneth Paltrow could still be fabulous
- Iran's problems must be solved by its own people. But the West can help
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Too young for the Women's Institute?
- Ed Miliband and Boris Johnson support the Living Wage. Will Whitehall and big firms dare to follow?
- A two-tier motorway would be ineffective, unjust, and add to the government's pile of #Omnishables
- Writing to your old teachers – it's a bit creepy, isn't it?
- The terrifying threat of collective suicide if the government takes the land of an Indian tribe
- Why are they trending? Hurricane Sandy, #Sandy, New York, This Morning
- Michael Gove's tougher teacher training tests won't solve the problem of teachers who can't spell
- Panic buying, happy retailers, and whispers about the great storm of 1938... how Hurricane Sandy is terrifying the East Coast of America
- Cathedral licker nears end of quest
- Seven fake Hurricane Sandy pictures you're sharing
- Hurricane Sandy: Huffington Post, Gawker, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo all down because of storm
- Did climate change cause Hurricane Sandy?
- US preacher blames Sandy on homosexuals
- Jimmy Savile, the BBC and creeps in showbiz
- Are all beautiful women boring? Samantha Brick strikes again
- Gary Barlow apologises to Tulisa for ‘fag ash breath’ comment
- College students: ‘I’d rather check Facebook than have sex’
- Poll: Most Americans are racist
- Boris Johnson rushes to The Guardian's defence
- Meet the 113-year-old woman who lives on £3 a month
- Gallery: Hurricane Sandy in pictures
- Is Wikipedia complete?
- As David Cameron faces cross-party demands for a real-terms cut in our EU budget, isn't it time we left the EU altogether?
- Madonna booed again for Obama comment: Is the singer just attention seeking?
- Iain Duncan Smith's 2-child policy: Should unemployed parents stop receiving child benefit if they have a third child?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sebastian Vettel wins Ayrton Senna-style to extend title advantage
- Sebastian Vettel title charge made 'too easy' concedes McLaren chief
- Formula One budget cap 'unrealistic' says McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh
- Kimi Raikkonen set to remain at Lotus for 2013 season
- Lewis Hamilton hoping for final victory with McLaren before end of season
- Sebastian Vettel insists Formula One title race is not over
- French GP in line for return in 2013, says Ecclestone
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here