Day In a Page
Monday, 12 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- John Coates: Film producer best known for 'The Snowman' and 'Yellow Submarine'
- Harry McShane: 1950s Manchester United stalwart
- Patriarch Maxim: Church leader under communism
- Sir Rex Hunt: Diplomat who stood up to the Argentinians during the Falklands War
- Carmen Basilio: Boxer who beat Sugar Ray Robinson for a world title
- Eric Taplin: Pioneering historian of dock labour
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jeremy Hunt defended the Tories' defence of the NHS. Alas for him, Tory colleagues were plotting to revive orange boiler suits and a sense of shame
- Margaret Moran: A morality tale of greed, 37,000 stamps, and a charming home in Spain
- Google, Starbucks, and Amazon... for these multinationals immorality is now standard practice
- Don't punish victims of violent crime further by removing compensation they desperately need
- Movie etiquette: a screening of James Bond's Skyfall is no place to change your Facebook status
- Whether you like it or not, the era of much smaller government is fast approaching in Britain
- The main thing lacking in the David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley sex scandal is... sex
- For decades, the likes of Newsnight and Panorama have been bywords for exceptional journalism
- Rupert Murdoch, Newsnight and why we should wish the BBC many happy returns today
- Britain's real sporting heroes aren't the stars of 2012, but the tireless coaches working in our schools
- Obama is set to visit Burma - but will he help the tormented Rohingya people?
- War is never glorious, so why we do we bully those who protest against poppy culture?
- They've still got the shortlist from last time, but which candidate can rescue the BBC?
- Why are they trending? Abu Qatada, Happy Diwali, Omnishambles
- Entwistle's pay-off is a boiling point for the BBC
- From Tooting to Islington, our high streets are bereft of buzz and variety
- What a democratic revolution in the Somerset town of Frome could teach our political class
- For all their faults, Newsnight and Jeremy Paxman are too good for the BBC to sacrifice because of the scandals over Jimmy Savile and Lord MacAlpine
- The Archbishop-elect shows no fear of demons in pinstripe suits
- Diary: A Murdoch whose beliefs could help save the BBC
- Why the downfall of adulterous CIA head David Petraeus is not all bad news for President Obama
- BBC scandal: The seeds of disaster lay in a bloated management structure
- Jeremy Paxman is wrong: Newsnight's errors were the product of shoddy journalism, not budget cuts
- If you ask me...Christmas is in the air. I've already sniffed it
- Thursdays in the Park and the undignified rise of grey sexiness
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemma: Girls guide?
- After my mother's death I realised modern medicine fails to prepare us for the inevitable
- Child abuse: Rochdale MP calls for "the truth" about Sir Cyril Smith
- Don't let this feeding frenzy kill off Newsnight
- Why are they trending? #BBC, Sir Rex Hunt, Girls Aloud
- There's another Bridget Jones in the diary, but no more Philip Roth
- Newsnight crisis: it is inconceivable that further heads will not roll
- High life is great, providing you've got the head for it
- Top 10 Facebook posts from the Obama campaign
- How I was drawn into the cult of David Petraeus
- Victoria's Secret: Shaming the Native American headdress?
- That's right, ‘GIF’ is Oxford English Dictionaries' word of the year
- ‘Destroy the sphinx and the pyramids’, says Egyptian jihadist
- How to spot an extramarital affair: Those close to Petraeus saw the early signs
- The ugliest shoes of all time
- Is methane hydrate the answer to the energy crisis?
- The $480,000 dress : The Wizard of Oz dress is sold in a Hollywood auction
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Compton can live up to his famous name, says Chris Cowdrey
- Swann is back but doubts remain over Finn and Broad
- England's batsmen prepare to dig in for victory
- Steven Finn unlikely to be fit for first Test against India
- Ed Cowan and captain Michael Clarke lead Australia fightback against South Africa
- England confident they can deal with Ravichandran Ashwin
- Five issues which could make England homesick
- Roger Federer more motivated than ever after defeat to Novak Djokovic
- Murray shrugs off Federer defeat at end of year with plenty to cheer
- No glorious finale for Andy Murray as Roger Federer calls the shots
- Djokovic digs deep to find final answer to the Federer question
- Roger Federer ready for Novak Djokovic after ousting Andy Murray
- Newman given excellence award by ATP
- Marray takes earnings beyond £200k
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football