Day In a Page
Monday, 26 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Larry Hagman: Actor who will be forever remembered as the villainous JR Ewing in the soap opera ‘Dallas’
- Dave Sexton: Footballer who went on to manage Chelsea, QPR and Manchester United
- Dinah Sheridan: Actress whose elegance and warmth made her a memorable leading lady
- Hector Camacho: Flamboyant and hard-living boxer who won world titles at three weights
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The suffering of Sderot: how its true inhabitants were wiped from Israel's maps and memories
- David Blanchflower: David Cameron's economic gibberish
- Mark Carney's selection for the Bank of England is related to his being competent, not Canadian
- Oh how fun to see the wheels come off Ukip's battle bus. Not that they’d have a bus, more a Volvo estate
- Are Tory ministers really so stupid that they think that leaving the blinds down is a crime?
- Leveson's flawed inquiry proves that press freedom is too important be left to the mercy of politicians
- For all the misery and nuisance they cause, league tables are a necessary part of public service
- Did Israel murder Yasser Arafat with Polonium-210? Some questions about his death won't go away
- Carla Bruni doesn't understand that being bourgeois and feminist are essentially the same thing
- Those who let Magnitsky die were hoping the case would die with him. They were wrong
- Forget 'workfare', real apprenticeships are the way forward for our young people and our economy
- Unsuitable Jobs for Wimmin
- Jumping Jagger should be an inspiration for us all
- Just think what the UK could have saved if there were more restrictions on banks
- What Joseph Kony can teach us about my daughter's Sunday morning question: 'Are people bad?'
- As Yasser Arafat is exhumed, how a new, ragged spirit of Palestinian solidaity is haunting the Israelis
- Nadine Dorries returns from I'm A Celebrity to face the wrath of Chief Whip Sir George Young
- The public are screaming out for leaders of principle. But do our parties have any to offer?
- The dangerous cycle of debt: How the House of Lords can do something amazing tomorrow
- Sites like Uni Lad only act to support our everyday rape culture
- Life imprisonment, the death penalty, witch-hunts and eviction: Uganda’s proposed anti-gay law is not so much a Bill as a troll
- The idea of an electoral pact with Ukip is crazy. Tories should take on Nigel Farage, not woo him
- Joe Dunthorne: 'In an instant, the adult world became accessible and charmless'
- Chris Brown's vile, cretinous Twitter tirade against comedian Jenny Johnson shows that he's the perfect villain for the modern media age
- Whatever Lord Leveson says, Britain should hold on to its feral beast of a press – despite all its horror
- My list of the greatest time-wasting internet sites
- Your home is a flood risk? That’s life
- The downfall of UBS trader Kweku Adoboli is another morality tale from the City. But have we learnt anything from the Great Crash?
- Furbies are back in fashion, another reason to be thankful for Christmas without children
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Visit me
- George Osborne chose wisely in appointing Mark Carney as Governor of the Bank of England
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: The gift that keeps on giving
- A day without Twitter and I'm thinking for myself
- Shut up, Chris Brown! As this delusional misogynist deletes his Twitter account after hurling abuse at Jenny Johnson, let's hope he stays quiet
- The sexual exploitation of children is a cause of far more criminality than most of us dare to imagine
- Too often, the Metropolitan Police are a force unto themselves. Boris must shake things up
- Capitalism is the Crisis: why the need to envision and create an alternative is more urgent than ever
- Of course Israel is an emotive issue - but we Jewish diaspora should stand up for Palestine
- #UKIP, Ukip, #Merlin: Why are they trending?
- A Living Wage: The price of hearing 'have a nice day' – and believing it
- Happiness? Give me 'stuff' over experiences any day
- The worst first date in history
- Must Watch: Anaconda is filmed regurgitating an entire cow
- What happens to Spain's football team if Catalonia breaks away?
- Q: How much money does Brad Pitt carry in his wallet?
- Why there is absolutely no point whatsoever in posting a copyright warning as your Facebook status
- Rupert Murdoch's life to be made into a TV show
- Murderous pens found on North Korean assassin
- Like a frat on steroids - what it's like being a woman at Goldman Sachs
- Prince Charles: why isn't he more popular?
- Woman who rode manatee arrested
- Tom Cruise brings London to a standstill
- Forget planking, milking is the next big thing
- Unapologetic Rihanna is music's harbinger of doom
- Fiscal cliff villains are just the usual suspects
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest: conquered by Israel
- The moods of George Osborne
- First reviews in for Zero Dark Thirty, Kathryn Bigelow's Osama Bin Laden Movie
- The next female Prime Minister is closer than you think
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England tear up the script in India to produce famous win
- Party mood for all bar one as Steve Finn closes on Stuart Broad spot
- James Lawton: Credit to Alastair Cook for accepting that he needed Kevin Pietersen in his ranks
- Pressure builds on Sachin Tendulkar to quit India
- Stuart Broad form an 'issue' for England ahead of third Test against India
- India selectors keep faith with Sachin Tendulkar and defeated players
- Proteas saved by Du Plessis
- Dileep Premachandran: India searching for answers after MS Dhoni's plan backfires
- Tour parties: England's best recent wins abroad
- 'The way Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann worked out the wicket was great'
- Kevin Pietersen grateful for warm reception after coming in from cold
- Dileep Premachandran: It would be a brave man to drop Sachin Tendulkar – but the end is near
- Ferrari will build on 'dream' season, insists Fernando Alonso
- Sebastian Vettel claims historic Formula One title
- Jenson Button triumphs in the rain on a day of high drama in Brazil
- Jenson Button turns attention to title tilt next season
- F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel claims rivals used 'dirty tricks'
- Lewis Hamilton 'numb' after crashing out in his last race for McLaren
- F1 highlights: best of 2012
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations