Day In a Page
Monday, 26 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Larry Hagman: Actor who will be forever remembered as the villainous JR Ewing in the soap opera ‘Dallas’
- Dave Sexton: Footballer who went on to manage Chelsea, QPR and Manchester United
- Dinah Sheridan: Actress whose elegance and warmth made her a memorable leading lady
- Hector Camacho: Flamboyant and hard-living boxer who won world titles at three weights
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The worst first date in history
- Must Watch: Anaconda is filmed regurgitating an entire cow
- What happens to Spain's football team if Catalonia breaks away?
- Q: How much money does Brad Pitt carry in his wallet?
- Why there is absolutely no point whatsoever in posting a copyright warning as your Facebook status
- Rupert Murdoch's life to be made into a TV show
- Murderous pens found on North Korean assassin
- Like a frat on steroids - what it's like being a woman at Goldman Sachs
- Prince Charles: why isn't he more popular?
- Woman who rode manatee arrested
- Tom Cruise brings London to a standstill
- Forget planking, milking is the next big thing
- Unapologetic Rihanna is music's harbinger of doom
- Fiscal cliff villains are just the usual suspects
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest: conquered by Israel
- The moods of George Osborne
- First reviews in for Zero Dark Thirty, Kathryn Bigelow's Osama Bin Laden Movie
- The next female Prime Minister is closer than you think
- The suffering of Sderot: how its true inhabitants were wiped from Israel's maps and memories
- David Blanchflower: David Cameron's economic gibberish
- Mark Carney's selection for the Bank of England is related to his being competent, not Canadian
- Oh how fun to see the wheels come off Ukip's battle bus. Not that they’d have a bus, more a Volvo estate
- Are Tory ministers really so stupid that they think that leaving the blinds down is a crime?
- Leveson's flawed inquiry proves that press freedom is too important be left to the mercy of politicians
- For all the misery and nuisance they cause, league tables are a necessary part of public service
- Did Israel murder Yasser Arafat with Polonium-210? Some questions about his death won't go away
- Carla Bruni doesn't understand that being bourgeois and feminist are essentially the same thing
- Those who let Magnitsky die were hoping the case would die with him. They were wrong
- Forget 'workfare', real apprenticeships are the way forward for our young people and our economy
- Unsuitable Jobs for Wimmin
- Jumping Jagger should be an inspiration for us all
- Just think what the UK could have saved if there were more restrictions on banks
- What Joseph Kony can teach us about my daughter's Sunday morning question: 'Are people bad?'
- As Yasser Arafat is exhumed, how a new, ragged spirit of Palestinian solidaity is haunting the Israelis
- Nadine Dorries returns from I'm A Celebrity to face the wrath of Chief Whip Sir George Young
- The public are screaming out for leaders of principle. But do our parties have any to offer?
- The dangerous cycle of debt: How the House of Lords can do something amazing tomorrow
- Sites like Uni Lad only act to support our everyday rape culture
- Life imprisonment, the death penalty, witch-hunts and eviction: Uganda’s proposed anti-gay law is not so much a Bill as a troll
- The idea of an electoral pact with Ukip is crazy. Tories should take on Nigel Farage, not woo him
- Joe Dunthorne: 'In an instant, the adult world became accessible and charmless'
- Chris Brown's vile, cretinous Twitter tirade against comedian Jenny Johnson shows that he's the perfect villain for the modern media age
- Whatever Lord Leveson says, Britain should hold on to its feral beast of a press – despite all its horror
- My list of the greatest time-wasting internet sites
- Your home is a flood risk? That’s life
- The downfall of UBS trader Kweku Adoboli is another morality tale from the City. But have we learnt anything from the Great Crash?
- Furbies are back in fashion, another reason to be thankful for Christmas without children
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Visit me
- George Osborne chose wisely in appointing Mark Carney as Governor of the Bank of England
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: The gift that keeps on giving
- A day without Twitter and I'm thinking for myself
- Shut up, Chris Brown! As this delusional misogynist deletes his Twitter account after hurling abuse at Jenny Johnson, let's hope he stays quiet
- The sexual exploitation of children is a cause of far more criminality than most of us dare to imagine
- Too often, the Metropolitan Police are a force unto themselves. Boris must shake things up
- Capitalism is the Crisis: why the need to envision and create an alternative is more urgent than ever
- Of course Israel is an emotive issue - but we Jewish diaspora should stand up for Palestine
- #UKIP, Ukip, #Merlin: Why are they trending?
- A Living Wage: The price of hearing 'have a nice day' – and believing it
- Happiness? Give me 'stuff' over experiences any day
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England tear up the script in India to produce famous win
- Party mood for all bar one as Steve Finn closes on Stuart Broad spot
- James Lawton: Credit to Alastair Cook for accepting that he needed Kevin Pietersen in his ranks
- Pressure builds on Sachin Tendulkar to quit India
- Stuart Broad form an 'issue' for England ahead of third Test against India
- India selectors keep faith with Sachin Tendulkar and defeated players
- Proteas saved by Du Plessis
- Dileep Premachandran: India searching for answers after MS Dhoni's plan backfires
- Tour parties: England's best recent wins abroad
- 'The way Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann worked out the wicket was great'
- Kevin Pietersen grateful for warm reception after coming in from cold
- Dileep Premachandran: It would be a brave man to drop Sachin Tendulkar – but the end is near
- Ferrari will build on 'dream' season, insists Fernando Alonso
- Sebastian Vettel claims historic Formula One title
- Jenson Button triumphs in the rain on a day of high drama in Brazil
- Jenson Button turns attention to title tilt next season
- F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel claims rivals used 'dirty tricks'
- Lewis Hamilton 'numb' after crashing out in his last race for McLaren
- F1 highlights: best of 2012
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son