Day In a Page
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Stamp: The Who's co-manager who also helped launch Jimi Hendrix in the UK
- Vladka Meed: Activist for the Polish Resistance
- Walter Greendale: Trade unionist who successfully sued 'The Sun'
- Professor Joseph Murray: Surgeon who performed the first successful kidney transplant
- Jack Gilbert: Major voice in American poetry
- Doctor Maria Santos Gorrostieta: Politician murdered for her fight against drug cartels
- Dinah Sheridan: Actress whose elegance and warmth made her a memorable leading lady
- Hector Camacho: Flamboyant and hard-living boxer who won world titles at three weights
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Why should we have to watch our Olympic heroes squirming in penguin suits?
- The importance of being earnest (if you look like Ed Miliband and want to be Prime Minister)
- Public doesn't care a jot – or a tittle – about Leveson
- What do Americans make of Leveson? They're horrified at tabloid behaviour - and press regulation
- Sex for tuition fees: Beware the student sponsors after a dirty bargain
- Tory's bonfire of the policies heats up Coalition marriage
- Restrain the press or free it? As Leveson publishes his report, there is a middle way: a privacy law with a public interest built into it
- The Nazi chanting of West Ham fans is no resurgence of anti-semitism in football. Truth is, it never went away
- Ban Page 3, Lord Leveson, and put an end to upskirt shots, media sexism and discrimination
- Alexander Perepilichnyy: Another mightily convenient Russian death
- If Palestinians want a state, they must negotiate it. Israel and Benjamin Netanyahu understand this - but do Hamas or the people of Gaza?
- If you ask me...My family means business and as housewife and mother, that makes me its CEO
- So, Andrew Marr, another great BBC cover-up has been exposed - but this time, no nudity
- OMG Twitter has a baby called Hashtag LOL
- A minimum price for booze? That's just middle class puritanism
- Malala Yousufzai, the rights of girls, and how child marriage unites us with the developing world
- Yes, Helen Flanagan's meltdown on I'm a Celeb is sad. But the reality of mental illness is much sadder
- Teaching children about sex: Pornography lessons in schools, anyone?
- It wasn't skin colour that made black Americans vote for Barack Obama - it was the Democrats' policy
- Like the Golliwog, Zwarte Piet is a racist relic, so why is it part of the modern Dutch Christmas?
- Feminism today: the fight has changed, the stereotypes remain, and the cause will never die
- Why I am no longer a Zionist
- Do you agree with The Onion and think Kim Jong-Un is the sexiest man alive in 2012?
- Perfect Christmas gifts for women? Why we men are rubbish
- With Prince William and Kate Middleton visiting Cambridge, my wedding plans look a little different
- Downton Abbey gives way to the Gilded Age, just as The Office and Shameless gave way to remakes. Why are we Brits so snobby about them?
- Mark Carney's selection for the Bank of England is related to his being competent, not Canadian
- Oh how fun to see the wheels come off Ukip's battle bus. Not that they’d have a bus, more a Volvo estate
- Are Tory ministers really so stupid that they think that leaving the blinds down is a crime?
- Leveson's flawed inquiry proves that press freedom is too important be left to the mercy of politicians
- For all the misery and nuisance they cause, league tables are a necessary part of public service
- Did Israel murder Yasser Arafat with Polonium-210? Some questions about his death won't go away
- Carla Bruni doesn't understand that being bourgeois and feminist are essentially the same thing
- Those who let Magnitsky die were hoping the case would die with him. They were wrong
- Forget 'workfare', real apprenticeships are the way forward for our young people and our economy
- Unsuitable Jobs for Wimmin
- Jumping Jagger should be an inspiration for us all
- Just think what the UK could have saved if there were more restrictions on banks
- What Joseph Kony can teach us about my daughter's Sunday morning question: 'Are people bad?'
- As Yasser Arafat is exhumed, how a new, ragged spirit of Palestinian solidaity is haunting the Israelis
- Nadine Dorries returns from I'm A Celebrity to face the wrath of Chief Whip Sir George Young
- The public are screaming out for leaders of principle. But do our parties have any to offer?
- The dangerous cycle of debt: How the House of Lords can do something amazing tomorrow
- Sites like Uni Lad only act to support our everyday rape culture
- Life imprisonment, the death penalty, witch-hunts and eviction: Uganda’s proposed anti-gay law is not so much a Bill as a troll
- The Facebook prankster who copies user profile pictures - then befriends them
- Breast or elbow? Facebook censors ‘pornographic’ photo
- The Hobbit: World Premiere. Take our Lord Of The Rings quiz
- World premiere of The Hobbit: Take our Lord Of The Rings quiz
- Nadine Dorries in Twitter row with Birmingham MP after comparing his open heart surgery to her stint on I'm A Celebrity...
- Kim Jong-Un is the Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012, seriously
- The worst first date in history
- Must Watch: Anaconda is filmed regurgitating an entire cow
- What happens to Spain's football team if Catalonia breaks away?
- Q: How much money does Brad Pitt carry in his wallet?
- Why there is absolutely no point whatsoever in posting a copyright warning as your Facebook status
- Rupert Murdoch's life to be made into a TV show
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giles handed reins of both limited-overs sides before Flower wilts
- Party mood for all bar one as Steve Finn closes on Stuart Broad spot
- Keith Barker: Ashley is the right man for the job – a tactician and motivator
- England indicate spin intentions as James Tredwell joins tour of India
- Pressure builds on Sachin Tendulkar to quit India
- Stuart Broad form an 'issue' for England ahead of third Test against India
- India selectors keep faith with Sachin Tendulkar and defeated players
- Proteas saved by Du Plessis
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Could public transport in the UK ever be free?
- 'Tis the season: Christmas activities
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Dubai, Sorrento
- Which currency will give a better rate when paying for flights, sterling or euros?
- Deals of the week: Bath, New York, Doho
- British Airways flyers to get more screen time
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'