Day In a Page
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Stamp: The Who's co-manager who also helped launch Jimi Hendrix in the UK
- Vladka Meed: Activist for the Polish Resistance
- Walter Greendale: Trade unionist who successfully sued 'The Sun'
- Professor Joseph Murray: Surgeon who performed the first successful kidney transplant
- Jack Gilbert: Major voice in American poetry
- Doctor Maria Santos Gorrostieta: Politician murdered for her fight against drug cartels
- Dinah Sheridan: Actress whose elegance and warmth made her a memorable leading lady
- Hector Camacho: Flamboyant and hard-living boxer who won world titles at three weights
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Why should we have to watch our Olympic heroes squirming in penguin suits?
- The importance of being earnest (if you look like Ed Miliband and want to be Prime Minister)
- Public doesn't care a jot – or a tittle – about Leveson
- What do Americans make of Leveson? They're horrified at tabloid behaviour - and press regulation
- Sex for tuition fees: Beware the student sponsors after a dirty bargain
- Tory's bonfire of the policies heats up Coalition marriage
- Restrain the press or free it? As Leveson publishes his report, there is a middle way: a privacy law with a public interest built into it
- The Nazi chanting of West Ham fans is no resurgence of anti-semitism in football. Truth is, it never went away
- Ban Page 3, Lord Leveson, and put an end to upskirt shots, media sexism and discrimination
- Alexander Perepilichnyy: Another mightily convenient Russian death
- If Palestinians want a state, they must negotiate it. Israel and Benjamin Netanyahu understand this - but do Hamas or the people of Gaza?
- If you ask me...My family means business and as housewife and mother, that makes me its CEO
- So, Andrew Marr, another great BBC cover-up has been exposed - but this time, no nudity
- OMG Twitter has a baby called Hashtag LOL
- A minimum price for booze? That's just middle class puritanism
- Malala Yousufzai, the rights of girls, and how child marriage unites us with the developing world
- Yes, Helen Flanagan's meltdown on I'm a Celeb is sad. But the reality of mental illness is much sadder
- Teaching children about sex: Pornography lessons in schools, anyone?
- It wasn't skin colour that made black Americans vote for Barack Obama - it was the Democrats' policy
- Like the Golliwog, Zwarte Piet is a racist relic, so why is it part of the modern Dutch Christmas?
- Feminism today: the fight has changed, the stereotypes remain, and the cause will never die
- Why I am no longer a Zionist
- Do you agree with The Onion and think Kim Jong-Un is the sexiest man alive in 2012?
- Perfect Christmas gifts for women? Why we men are rubbish
- With Prince William and Kate Middleton visiting Cambridge, my wedding plans look a little different
- Downton Abbey gives way to the Gilded Age, just as The Office and Shameless gave way to remakes. Why are we Brits so snobby about them?
- Mark Carney's selection for the Bank of England is related to his being competent, not Canadian
- Oh how fun to see the wheels come off Ukip's battle bus. Not that they’d have a bus, more a Volvo estate
- Are Tory ministers really so stupid that they think that leaving the blinds down is a crime?
- Leveson's flawed inquiry proves that press freedom is too important be left to the mercy of politicians
- For all the misery and nuisance they cause, league tables are a necessary part of public service
- Did Israel murder Yasser Arafat with Polonium-210? Some questions about his death won't go away
- Carla Bruni doesn't understand that being bourgeois and feminist are essentially the same thing
- Those who let Magnitsky die were hoping the case would die with him. They were wrong
- Forget 'workfare', real apprenticeships are the way forward for our young people and our economy
- Unsuitable Jobs for Wimmin
- Jumping Jagger should be an inspiration for us all
- Just think what the UK could have saved if there were more restrictions on banks
- What Joseph Kony can teach us about my daughter's Sunday morning question: 'Are people bad?'
- As Yasser Arafat is exhumed, how a new, ragged spirit of Palestinian solidaity is haunting the Israelis
- Nadine Dorries returns from I'm A Celebrity to face the wrath of Chief Whip Sir George Young
- The public are screaming out for leaders of principle. But do our parties have any to offer?
- The dangerous cycle of debt: How the House of Lords can do something amazing tomorrow
- Sites like Uni Lad only act to support our everyday rape culture
- Life imprisonment, the death penalty, witch-hunts and eviction: Uganda’s proposed anti-gay law is not so much a Bill as a troll
- The Facebook prankster who copies user profile pictures - then befriends them
- Breast or elbow? Facebook censors ‘pornographic’ photo
- The Hobbit: World Premiere. Take our Lord Of The Rings quiz
- World premiere of The Hobbit: Take our Lord Of The Rings quiz
- Nadine Dorries in Twitter row with Birmingham MP after comparing his open heart surgery to her stint on I'm A Celebrity...
- Kim Jong-Un is the Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012, seriously
- The worst first date in history
- Must Watch: Anaconda is filmed regurgitating an entire cow
- What happens to Spain's football team if Catalonia breaks away?
- Q: How much money does Brad Pitt carry in his wallet?
- Why there is absolutely no point whatsoever in posting a copyright warning as your Facebook status
- Rupert Murdoch's life to be made into a TV show
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giles handed reins of both limited-overs sides before Flower wilts
- Party mood for all bar one as Steve Finn closes on Stuart Broad spot
- Keith Barker: Ashley is the right man for the job – a tactician and motivator
- England indicate spin intentions as James Tredwell joins tour of India
- Pressure builds on Sachin Tendulkar to quit India
- Stuart Broad form an 'issue' for England ahead of third Test against India
- India selectors keep faith with Sachin Tendulkar and defeated players
- Proteas saved by Du Plessis
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Could public transport in the UK ever be free?
- 'Tis the season: Christmas activities
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Dubai, Sorrento
- Which currency will give a better rate when paying for flights, sterling or euros?
- Deals of the week: Bath, New York, Doho
- British Airways flyers to get more screen time
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school