Day In a Page
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lisa Della Casa: Soprano who distinguished herself with her Richard Strauss interpretations
- Ravi Shankar: Sitar virtuoso and composer whose work introduced Indian music to Western audiences
- Lives Remembered: Marian Lines
- David Relin: Author accused of fabrication
- Lawrence Guyot: Civil rights activist
- Alex Moulton: Designer whose eponymous lightweight bicycle became a symbol of the Sixties
- Martin Richards: Producer
- Huw Lloyd Langton: Guitarist with space-rock giants Hawkwind
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Don't be too hasty in writing off newspapers
- After the census, how about a survey on how surveys affect us all?
- Syria, France, and why nothing divides people quite like a common cause - especially in a crisis
- There is hope for damaged victims of a brutal diamond war in the Central African Republic
- Square eyes, warped souls: In every sense screens are playing a bigger part in British lives
- Wake up: these new sources of energy will change the world
- The museum that reminds you of the true value of journalism
- Putin's right this time: If you’re going to have children, then three is the magic number
- Campaigning documentaries might have fallen out of fashion, but movies can still change the world
- Miscarriage isn't the same experience for every parent, but the aftercare needs to be sensitive every time
- Have you ever wondered if our obesity rates and terrible sports facilities are perhaps related?
- Winterbourne View: As carers, sometimes we reach breaking point. Please don't make a difficult decision even harder
- Israel's new Hatnuah movement may support a two state solution, but it isn't the radical force it seems
- Free, but not safe: The former child soldiers forced to flee rebel surge
- The Hobbit movie is no fantasy for animals
- Christmas lights - is it just festive ‘peacocking’?
- Extravagant, yes, exotic, certainly – but black swans aren't as rare as you may think
- From Winona to Angus, now we know how long rehabilitation takes
- These fines for HSBC, Standard Chartered and LLoyds prove there's one law for US banks, another for Europe's
- Mixed race children and young people are individual nation states. They defy classification
- Excuse me, but are you fluent in colour swatch? Can you speak Farrow & Ball?
- Tantric sex similes don't usually turn me on. But I'm excited about David Cameron's speech on Europe
- Cameron at the PMQs: 'We are raising money for the rich'
- So the Pope's tweeting, but do we really want ethical advice in 140 characters?
- No smoke without fire: how riot stereotypes damage Tottenham
- How the internet is transforming democracy
- The Pope may have joined Twitter over a week ago, but he's only just tweeted. How did he do?
- The legacy of Savile's abuse must lead to change
- NHS food standards: An exclusive kind of compassion
- Jacintha Saldanha deserves to be more than a fable
- The Court of Protection: how journalists and lawyers can open the closed doors of justice
- After what my son and I went through, I support greater press access to the Court of Protection
- The Court of Protection is subject to unprecedented scrutiny. But there's still a long way to go
- FHM, Virgin and Zoo Australia: The 12 Days of Misogyny
- Economic woes ensure more deadlock
- Peace will not break out without tough bargaining
- Kim Jong Un voted Person of the Year by TIME readers
- Poll: Is two years in prison the right punishment for man who defaced Rothko painting?
- Civil servants waste time on Facebook, Amazon and cricket site
- Google makes porn harder to find
- Solitary Udinese fan wins hearts at away game
- The cruise ship from hell: Passengers told to stay in cabins as norovirus breaks out
- Rolling Stones and Springsteen rock 12/12/12 Hurricane Sandy concert
- Poll: Will the world end on 21st December?
- Spread of super mutant (ninja?) rats makes catchers ask for stronger poison
- After ‘milking’ and ‘porting’, now St Andrews students are ‘champagning’
- Free Ravi Shankar Download: get his 1950s debut album today only
- One Pound Fish man takes on X Factor winner James Arthur: Who will be our Christmas number one?
- End of the world: Official Website!
- Spice Girls ‘Viva Forever’: a round-up of the reviews
- End of the World? Pah. NASA has other ideas
- Maya from Zero Dark Thirty is the real Carrie Mathison from Homeland
- The end of the world is nigh!
- Wealthy Dutch creationist builds life-sized replica of Noah's Ark in time for the Apocalypse
- It wasn't the end of the world, but asteroid 4179 Toutatis did pass close to Earth last night
- Editorial: Mr Obama wins, with or without a budget deal
- Editorial: Finucane lays bare the amoral face of Britain
- Editorial: Botched in courtroom translation
- Editorial: Dangerous signals from Pyongyang
- Editorial: A silly warning that conveys a serious message
- Editorial: When East came West and the twain met
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kevin Pietersen helps England close on 199 after poor start to Fourth Test
- Root shows true grit after England's top order wobbles in face of history
- Fletcher's stony silence speaks volumes about India's decline
- Morgan steps in for T20 series as Broad is forced home
- Dhoni keeps calm and carries on as answers become more elusive
- Stuart Broad and Steven Finn to return home early from India tour
- Steven Finn doubtful for fourth Test against India
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Lynda Bellingham dead: Loose Women presenter dies after battle with colon cancer