Day In a Page
- Ray Honeyford: Headmaster who sparked controversy with an attack on multiculturalism
- Ray Finch: Potter and teacher at the head of his profession for 75 years
- Lord Carr of Hadley: Highly regarded Conservative minister whose Industrial Relations Act provoked bitter controversy
- Hettie Hopkins: Highly respected nurse and educator
- Allan Segal
- Leading article: Gay marriage will lift the last barrier to equality
- Leading article: No time for games in dealing with Greece
- Leading article: Plenty of water to go around
- Leading article: Antibiotic overuse threatens us all
- Leading article: Talk of slave labour is unjustified
- Leading article: A welcome return of the undead
- Patrick Strudwick: If I were Lord Carey, I'd be right behind this change
- Andrew Buncombe: Why do Pakistani lawyers want to ban the country’s favourite soft drink? (A clue: it’s made by minorities)
- Simon Kelner: An ugly face-off that highlights fight game hypocrisy
- Amol Rajan: A brutal price still paid for daring to challenge faith
- Susie Rushton: You can't reheat a soufflé – unless you're running a TV cookery contest
- Stefan Stern: Not levelling down but making it fair
- Rhodri Marsden: Let me tell you about the dream I had last night. Wait… come back!
- Nigel Morris: Home Secretary may be set for departure if border problems return
- Rebecca Armstrong: Why I'm turning my nose up at vin de Barrymore
- Simon Kelner: You don't need to be wealthy to enjoy sport of kings
- Jeremy Laurance: Others have survived such cold – but not for so long
- Andrew Martin: You're being mean-spirited over term time holidays, Mr Gove
- KP leads England to series whitewash
- Hosts Pakistan can't wait to go home
- Finn rises from the Ashes to head formidable attack
- Ricky Ponting announces one-day international retirement
- Ricky Ponting dropped from Australia one-day squad
- Dhoni banned for one match
- Kaneria must appear before PCB integrity group over spot-fixing
- 1 Liam Gallagher slams Daft Punk: 'I could have written Get Lucky in an hour'
- 2 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.