Day In a Page
- Kazimierz Smolen: Auschwitz Museum founder
- Angelo Dundee: Boxing trainer famed for his long association with Muhammad Ali
- Ted Dicks: Co-writer of 'Right Said Fred' and 'Hole in the Ground'
- Mike Kelley: Musician and mixed-media artist
- Homai Vyarawalla: Photographer
- Patrick Shovelton: Senior civil servant and obituarist for 'The Independent'
- Dorothea Tanning: Painter, sculptor and poet whose work crossed artistic boundaries
- Leading article: Farewell to an advocate of greener government
- Leading article: Nursery schools cannot be judged only by cost
- Leading article: Not such innocent presumptions
- Leading article: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
- Leading article: Tax clampdown must start at home
- Leading article: The rise in cycling demands a new approach to safety
- Stephen Foley: If only Fred Goodwin had done things the Mark Zuckerberg way...
- Harriet Walker: Could a taste for crime fiction over romantic fiction add up to social decline?
- Michael McCarthy: Huhne's departure will sadden all who care about the environment
- Tim Rutherford: Republicans know Romney is their only real hope
- Lisa Markwell: Bathtimes of the rich and famous
- Jeremy Laurance: Why spare the drug companies?
- Ian Burrell: Dark clouds gathered over Murdoch mean storms for The Thunderer
- James Moore: An open letter to the Minister for road safety
- Pakistan build lead in Dubai
- Wickets tumble on wild opening day between England and Pakistan
- Footwork and technique can dig England out of a hole
- To review or not to review, that is the testing question
- Wickets galore as England take a narrow lead
- Strauss hints at changes to batting line-up
- Gambhir ends wait for India
- Series all square as Lions tamed
- Simon Calder: Tyranny and the tourist's conscience
- Spiritual travel for atheists: Do pilgrimages have a place in modern society?
- Worldwide wonders: Travel Photo of the Year competition
- Open Jaw: 'Central London will be full during the Olympics'
- My Life In Travel: Zane Lowe, DJ and BBC Radio 1 presenter
- Travel Agenda: Québec City's winter carnival; Spies in the House of Art; London Fashion Week; Mallorca's La Residencia hotel
- Questions Of Cash: Scottish Power is trying to charge me for its mistakes
- The Bargain Hunter: Online and in-store Homebase savings
- Simon Read: Extra funds totalling £40.5m will help a lot of people. Or will it?
- Donald MacInnes: My wedding is costing an arm and a leg – and several other bits
- OFT investigation offers hope to gym members caught in 'unfair' long contracts
- It's time to clear up the fund charge confusion
- Spotlight On: Leeds BS fixed rate ISA
- Mark Dampier: Firms offering dividends make 'Mr Gloom' happy
- Derek Pain: Patsystems sell-off has left me counting some heavy losses
- Money Insider: Chelsea ramps up mortgage battle for supremacy
- Dirty tricks in a divorce can cause some nasty surprises
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.