Day In a Page
Monday, 16 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Harry Crews: Hard-drinking, hell-raising writer whose work was full of freaks and grotesques
- Professor Oliver Wrong: Pioneer in the field of kidney disease
- Maersk McKinney Moller: Owner of the world's largestcontainer-shipping company
- Michael Peterson: Surfer whose glittering career was ended by his troubled life
- Leonardo Cimino: Actor whose career spanned 60 years
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Change to The Independent's cover price
- Leading article: What this mysterious death says about China
- Leading article: A chance, at last, to take the big money out of politics
- Leading article: A self-defeating sanction for truancy
- Leading article: Progress in Syria – but not enough
- Leading article: Norway's fine example of liberal civilisation
- Leading article: Time for an investigation into Scotland Yard
- Owen Jones: Norway's dignity in the aftermath of Breivik is an example to the rest of us
- Susie Rushton's Notebook: Sarko's transatlantic troubles, and poor Francis Wheen's trauma in a nation of shed-keepers
- Joanna Moorhead: This is no way to get children into school
- Alex Fusco: Those thirsting for drama would call this a drought
- Amol Rajan: The Thatcher home dream has become a nightmare
- Oliver Wright: MPs' heads would roll. So why is it different in the Lords?
- Rhodri Marsden: A taxi driver's romantic playlist makes for a quite awkward journey
- Deborah Ross: Helpful tips if you want to avoid spring-cleaning the house
- Lucy Snow: Striking teachers deserve our support, not vitriol
- Rebecca Armstrong: Forget buying things – I want to live in my top shops
- Meredith Alexander: The scandal of our Olympic sweatshops
- Kim Sengupta: Strikes show Taliban feel no need to wait for Nato exit
- Alistair Dawber: Kofi Annan has achieved all that he could through talk – but this is not a ceasefire
- James Cusick: Leveson can probe the Yard's conduct
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Aintree faces the ultimate question: how can they save the National?
- Owner: I'll never race again at National
- 'We lost our Pete – we don't want to lose the National too'
- James Lawton: Safety is not the driving force of our, or a horse's, instinct
- Soumillon goes to sleep on Dabirsim as Classic trials get under way
- 'Let's not beat ourselves up. It was a great, great race'
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 First clip of Outkast's Andre 3000 in Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side emerges