Day In a Page
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hal McKusick: Cerebral jazz saxist and composer
- Claude Miller: Film director who showed the dark side of youth
- Ahmed Ben Bella: Anti-French activist who became the first president of free Algeria
- Maersk McKinney Moller: Owner of the world's largestcontainer-shipping company
- Michael Peterson: Surfer whose glittering career was ended by his troubled life
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Change to The Independent's cover price
- Leading article: What this mysterious death says about China
- Leading article: Abu Qatada's hard case is making for good law
- Leading article: A self-defeating sanction for truancy
- Leading article: Lords should not be lobbyists
- Leading article: Norway's fine example of liberal civilisation
- Leading article: Earth tremors are not the biggest risk from fracking
- Owen Jones: Norway's dignity in the aftermath of Breivik is an example to the rest of us
- Joanna Moorhead: This is no way to get children into school
- Susie Rushton's Notebook: Sarko's transatlantic troubles, and poor Francis Wheen's trauma in a nation of shed-keepers
- Freya Berry: Social response to killers is more important than the punishment
- Archie Bland: Why won't Bernie Ecclestone lead by example in Bahrain?
- Alex Fusco: Those thirsting for drama would call this a drought
- Amol Rajan: The Thatcher home dream has become a nightmare
- Deborah Ross: Helpful tips if you want to avoid spring-cleaning the house
- Rhodri Marsden: A taxi driver's romantic playlist makes for a quite awkward journey
- Oliver Wright: MPs' heads would roll. So why is it different in the Lords?
- Natalie Haynes: What we wanted - writers who don't just tell the same old story
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Independent's golden hopes for 2012: 10-1
- London 2012: It's almost here – but are we ready?
- The Independent's golden hope for 2012: 20-11
- Judge told of Olympics basketball site 'asbestos'
- Simon Rice: How does the London 2012 motto ‘Inspire a generation’ compare to previous Olympic offerings?
- Olympic slogan 'inspire a generation' launched at Kew Gardens
- Usain Bolt wants to 'amaze' the world by running in 9.4s at the London Olympics
- David Beckham remains in the reckoning for Olympics after Stuart Pearce culls football squad list
- Poets from all Olympic nations sought to line up at London 2012 festival
- Team GB given extra tickets for family and friends
- Controversial 'wrapping' of London 2012 Olympic Stadium begins
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airlines 'shun UK over Heathrow'
- Don't miss the bus: Paris from £2.30 (but it takes half a day)
- The 10 Best in-flight essentials
- Simon Calder: End of the runway for BMI, but will passengers suffer?
- Cruising: There's never been a better time to take to the high seas
- Santa Monica, Cannes, Lisbon
- Deals of the week: Menorca, Marrakech, Puglia
- Late snowfall boosts Scottish ski centres
- Jet diverted after death of passenger
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'