Day In a Page
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ahmed Ben Bella: Anti-French activist who became the first president of free Algeria
- Claude Miller: Film director who showed the dark side of youth
- Hal McKusick: Cerebral jazz saxist and composer
- Maersk McKinney Moller: Owner of the world's largestcontainer-shipping company
- Michael Peterson: Surfer whose glittering career was ended by his troubled life
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Change to The Independent's cover price
- Leading article: What this mysterious death says about China
- Leading article: Abu Qatada's hard case is making for good law
- Leading article: A self-defeating sanction for truancy
- Leading article: Lords should not be lobbyists
- Leading article: Norway's fine example of liberal civilisation
- Leading article: Earth tremors are not the biggest risk from fracking
- Owen Jones: Norway's dignity in the aftermath of Breivik is an example to the rest of us
- Susie Rushton's Notebook: Sarko's transatlantic troubles, and poor Francis Wheen's trauma in a nation of shed-keepers
- Joanna Moorhead: This is no way to get children into school
- Freya Berry: Social response to killers is more important than the punishment
- Archie Bland: Why won't Bernie Ecclestone lead by example in Bahrain?
- Alex Fusco: Those thirsting for drama would call this a drought
- Amol Rajan: The Thatcher home dream has become a nightmare
- Oliver Wright: MPs' heads would roll. So why is it different in the Lords?
- Rhodri Marsden: A taxi driver's romantic playlist makes for a quite awkward journey
- Deborah Ross: Helpful tips if you want to avoid spring-cleaning the house
- Natalie Haynes: What we wanted - writers who don't just tell the same old story
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- London 2012: It's almost here – but are we ready?
- The Independent's golden hopes for 2012: 10-1
- The Independent's golden hope for 2012: 20-11
- Judge told of Olympics basketball site 'asbestos'
- Simon Rice: How does the London 2012 motto ‘Inspire a generation’ compare to previous Olympic offerings?
- Olympic slogan 'inspire a generation' launched at Kew Gardens
- Usain Bolt wants to 'amaze' the world by running in 9.4s at the London Olympics
- David Beckham remains in the reckoning for Olympics after Stuart Pearce culls football squad list
- Team GB given extra tickets for family and friends
- Poets from all Olympic nations sought to line up at London 2012 festival
- Controversial 'wrapping' of London 2012 Olympic Stadium begins
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airlines 'shun UK over Heathrow'
- Don't miss the bus: Paris from £2.30 (but it takes half a day)
- The 10 Best in-flight essentials
- Simon Calder: End of the runway for BMI, but will passengers suffer?
- Cruising: There's never been a better time to take to the high seas
- Deals of the week: Menorca, Marrakech, Puglia
- Santa Monica, Cannes, Lisbon
- Late snowfall boosts Scottish ski centres
- Jet diverted after death of passenger
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend