Day In a Page
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hal McKusick: Cerebral jazz saxist and composer
- Claude Miller: Film director who showed the dark side of youth
- Ahmed Ben Bella: Anti-French activist who became the first president of free Algeria
- Maersk McKinney Moller: Owner of the world's largestcontainer-shipping company
- Michael Peterson: Surfer whose glittering career was ended by his troubled life
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Change to The Independent's cover price
- Leading article: What this mysterious death says about China
- Leading article: Abu Qatada's hard case is making for good law
- Leading article: A self-defeating sanction for truancy
- Leading article: Lords should not be lobbyists
- Leading article: Norway's fine example of liberal civilisation
- Leading article: Earth tremors are not the biggest risk from fracking
- Owen Jones: Norway's dignity in the aftermath of Breivik is an example to the rest of us
- Joanna Moorhead: This is no way to get children into school
- Susie Rushton's Notebook: Sarko's transatlantic troubles, and poor Francis Wheen's trauma in a nation of shed-keepers
- Freya Berry: Social response to killers is more important than the punishment
- Archie Bland: Why won't Bernie Ecclestone lead by example in Bahrain?
- Alex Fusco: Those thirsting for drama would call this a drought
- Amol Rajan: The Thatcher home dream has become a nightmare
- Deborah Ross: Helpful tips if you want to avoid spring-cleaning the house
- Rhodri Marsden: A taxi driver's romantic playlist makes for a quite awkward journey
- Oliver Wright: MPs' heads would roll. So why is it different in the Lords?
- Natalie Haynes: What we wanted - writers who don't just tell the same old story
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Independent's golden hopes for 2012: 10-1
- London 2012: It's almost here – but are we ready?
- The Independent's golden hope for 2012: 20-11
- Judge told of Olympics basketball site 'asbestos'
- Simon Rice: How does the London 2012 motto ‘Inspire a generation’ compare to previous Olympic offerings?
- Olympic slogan 'inspire a generation' launched at Kew Gardens
- Usain Bolt wants to 'amaze' the world by running in 9.4s at the London Olympics
- David Beckham remains in the reckoning for Olympics after Stuart Pearce culls football squad list
- Poets from all Olympic nations sought to line up at London 2012 festival
- Team GB given extra tickets for family and friends
- Controversial 'wrapping' of London 2012 Olympic Stadium begins
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airlines 'shun UK over Heathrow'
- Don't miss the bus: Paris from £2.30 (but it takes half a day)
- The 10 Best in-flight essentials
- Simon Calder: End of the runway for BMI, but will passengers suffer?
- Cruising: There's never been a better time to take to the high seas
- Santa Monica, Cannes, Lisbon
- Deals of the week: Menorca, Marrakech, Puglia
- Late snowfall boosts Scottish ski centres
- Jet diverted after death of passenger
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza