Day In a Page
Wednesday, 18 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Genetic test could pave the way for breast cancer 'magic bullets'
- Don't look back in anger, if you want to be happy in old age that is...
- Scientists hail revolutionary breast cancer breakthrough
- Scientists make 'sonic screwdriver'
- The 10 Best science kits
- Watch this space: the birthplace of a billion stars
- Major step towards cure for blindness
- Space shuttle hitches a lift for final voyage
- Lord Brett: Trade union leader and politician who fought for workers' rights around the world
- Sid Moody: Reporter who covered the assassination of JFK
- Piermario Morosini: Footballer in Italy's Serie B
- Nell Truman: Tennis player who defied the US to win the Wightman Cup
- Hal McKusick: Cerebral jazz saxist and composer
- Claude Miller: Film director who showed the dark side of youth
- Ahmed Ben Bella: Anti-French activist who became the first president of free Algeria
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: UK officials must come clean about rendition
- Leading article: Abu Qatada's hard case is making for good law
- Leading article: In defence of the public interest
- Leading article: Lords should not be lobbyists
- Leading article: Beware - this will be an investigation on China's terms
- Leading article: Earth tremors are not the biggest risk from fracking
- Owen Jones: A new era of house building could create jobs, stimulate growth, and help the poor. So why won't Cameron do it?
- Adam Posen: Why I changed my mind on quantitative easing
- Amol Rajan: Why a spot of torture and a long rope would be too good for Anders Breivik
- Tara Lyle: Is the European Court of Human Rights the villain it is being presented as?
- Sara Malm: We are game for anything, but not being ripped off
- Steve Connor: This could revolutionise our view of the disease
- Ian Burrell: Court coverage was a world apart from fireworks of OJ Simpson trial
- Shashank Joshi: With the US relationship with Afghanistan in ruins, damage limitation is our best hope
- Freya Berry: Social response to killers is more important than the punishment
- Archie Bland: Why won't Bernie Ecclestone lead by example in Bahrain?
- Deborah Ross: You just can't move for the chance to have an abortion
- Natalie Haynes: What we wanted - writers who don't just tell the same old story
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Would you like a relay baton with that Happy Meal? McDonald's goes for Olympic gold
- London Eye: Team GB's kids from America
- The Independent's golden hopes for 2012: 10-1
- London 2012: It's almost here – but are we ready?
- Basketball: London 1948 - horse dung, low scores and no dunking
- Judge told of Olympics basketball site 'asbestos'
- Simon Rice: How does the London 2012 motto ‘Inspire a generation’ compare to previous Olympic offerings?
- Olympic slogan 'inspire a generation' launched at Kew Gardens
- Usain Bolt wants to 'amaze' the world by running in 9.4s at the London Olympics
- David Beckham remains in the reckoning for Olympics after Stuart Pearce culls football squad list
- Poets from all Olympic nations sought to line up at London 2012 festival
- Team GB given extra tickets for family and friends
- Pregnant White to miss Games
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ryanair threatens backdated fare rises
- EasyJet launches new Belfast route
- Airlines 'shun UK over Heathrow'
- The 10 Best in-flight essentials
- Simon Calder: End of the runway for BMI, but will passengers suffer?
- Cruising: There's never been a better time to take to the high seas
- Santa Monica, Cannes, Lisbon
- Deals of the week: Menorca, Marrakech, Puglia
- Jet diverted after death of passenger
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader