Day In a Page
Thursday, 19 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Genetic test could pave the way for breast cancer 'magic bullets'
- Breakthrough announced in ageing genes study
- Don't look back in anger, if you want to be happy in old age that is...
- Scientists hail revolutionary breast cancer breakthrough
- Scientists make 'sonic screwdriver'
- The 10 Best science kits
- Watch this space: the birthplace of a billion stars
- Depression linked to feeling regret
- Major step towards cure for blindness
- Dick Clark: Presenter of the influential TV teen pop show 'American Bandstand'
- Lord Brett: Trade union leader and politician who fought for workers' rights around the world
- Keith Lucas: Artist and visionary arts administrator
- Admiral Sir Raymond Lygo: Navy pilot who was later involved in the Westland affair
- Sid Moody: Reporter who covered the assassination of JFK
- Piermario Morosini: Footballer in Italy's Serie B
- Nell Truman: Tennis player who defied the US to win the Wightman Cup
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: India's nuclear ambition should not be ignored
- Leading article: UK officials must come clean about rendition
- Leading article: Another layer is stripped away
- Leading article: In defence of the public interest
- Leading article: Churches have still to purge the stain of child abuse
- Leading article: Beware - this will be an investigation on China's terms
- Owen Jones: A new era of house building could create jobs, stimulate growth, and help the poor. So why won't Cameron do it?
- Adam Posen: Why I changed my mind on quantitative easing
- Amol Rajan: Why a spot of torture and a long rope would be too good for Anders Breivik
- Dr Ben Daniels: Should we be told how much our healthcare costs?
- Josh Barrie: Why aren’t we more worried about the safety of 16 year-olds on mopeds?
- Victoria Summerley: Horticulture is not just a career for academic failures
- Lisa Markwell: A genetic disease with a terrifying generic name
- Owen Jones: I can afford to pay the rent – most people can't
- Shashank Joshi: No straightforward way out of this political quagmire
- Tara Lyle: Is the European Court of Human Rights the villain it is being presented as?
- Sara Malm: We are game for anything, but not being ripped off
- Ian Burrell: Court coverage was a world apart from fireworks of OJ Simpson trial
- Shashank Joshi: With the US relationship with Afghanistan in ruins, damage limitation is our best hope
- Steve Connor: This could revolutionise our view of the disease
- Lisa Markwell: An end in sight to the cancer guessing game
- Deborah Ross: You just can't move for the chance to have an abortion
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Safety fears limit Force India practice session
- Nico Rosberg impresses for Mercedes during Bahrain Grand Prix practice
- Security ramped up in Bahrain as Grand Prix action gets underway
- Force India vow to race despite petrol bomb incident in Bahrain
- Musa Okwonga: Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix is a win-win for protesters
- Video: Hagan emerges from exploded Drag car unscathed
- Stun grenades and street battles at Bahrain F1 show
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- EasyJet adds new routes for winter
- Ryanair threatens backdated fare rises
- EasyJet launches new Belfast route
- Simon Calder: 'Loser cruiser' or the modern way to Paris?
- My life in travel: Valentine Warner, chef and television presenter
- Travel Agenda: Revere Hotel; World Shakespeare Festival; Amante beach club; Bukhara pop-up restaurant
- Open Jaw: 'The officials in Miami are the rudest I have met'
- Something to declare: Santorini; Southern savings; Cyprus scams; price-fixing refunds
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella