Day In a Page
Thursday, 26 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- John Golding: Painter and art historian renowned as the foremost authority on Picasso
- Mark Frankland: Journalist who left MI6 to work in Moscow, Vietnam and Washington
- Louis le Brocquy: Painter thought by many to be Ireland's greatest of the 20th century
- Terry Spinks: Boxer who won Olympic gold in Melbourne
- Andrew Love: Saxophonist with the Memphis Horns
- Eddie May: Legendary figure of Welsh football
- Arthur Bottom: Striker who helped Newcastle stay in the top flight
- Chut Wutty: Anti-logging campaigner
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Recession and sleaze - a toxic political combination
- Leading article: A landmark ruling for international justice
- Leading article: A secondary scalp and an inadequate defence
- Leading article: Twitter is not a private conversation
- Leading article: Time for investors to take control
- Leading article: China has a role to play in Sudan
- Leading article: An inspirational walk across London
- Leading article: The net is closing around the Culture Secretary
- Leading article: More spelling, less made-up phonics, please
- Alice Jones: In a world without people, who will police the robots?
- Laurie Penny: A papier-mâché puppet and a badly tuned guitar... how to go on strike when you haven't got a job
- Sherelle Jacobs: Can the UK’s ailing economy learn from Germany?
- Laurence Clark: Remploy closures: Right in theory, but where does it leave disabled employees?
- There's too much pressure to love the Olympics
- Paul Seils: The Charles Taylor verdict shows world leaders can no longer hide behind secret deals and handshakes
- Mohammad Aslam: Putin’s Gazprom: An unhealthy mix of business and politics
- Lisa Markwell: Children, don't do as we do, but do as we say
- Owen Jones: The Coalition has failed. There is an alternative. Can Ed Miliband be its champion?
- Alice Jones: We don't need this to show our arts are world-beating
- Ian Birrell: A warning shot to the world's despots
- Rosie Millard: Wanted - a modern etiquette guide for landladies with gentleman lodgers
- Hayley Barlow: Betrayed by a belligerent old man on the brink
- Oliver Wright: Now we know the power of the cosy chat
- Amol Rajan: A thought experiment on 'absolutely illegal' activities
- Daniel Howden: China's unique position may affect the outcome
- Deborah Ross: That Jeremy Clarkson only gets on TV because of his looks
- David Banks: How do you prosecute a Twittermob?
- Ian Burrell: At long last the watchdog is off the leash – and on the scent
- The Sketch: Sparkling profits of a dark and dirty conflict
- Simon Calder: Save the safety lecture for the those who head to the Med
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Flybe becomes first budget airline to drop £9 debit card fees
- Foreign Office warning sends a chill over luxury Arctic cruises
- Simon Calder: Should you beware Greeks bearing beers?
- My Life In Travel: Marco Pierre White, chef, restaurateur and television presenter
- Travel Agenda: Berlin Biennale; Sardinia; Noma; Champions' League final; easyJet; Virgin Galactic 'space tourism'
- Open Jaw: Traveller's Guide to Florida's Gulf Coast
- Rail union urges passengers to protest over ticket office closures
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans