Day In a Page
Thursday, 26 April 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- John Golding: Painter and art historian renowned as the foremost authority on Picasso
- Mark Frankland: Journalist who left MI6 to work in Moscow, Vietnam and Washington
- Louis le Brocquy: Painter thought by many to be Ireland's greatest of the 20th century
- Terry Spinks: Boxer who won Olympic gold in Melbourne
- Andrew Love: Saxophonist with the Memphis Horns
- Eddie May: Legendary figure of Welsh football
- Arthur Bottom: Striker who helped Newcastle stay in the top flight
- Chut Wutty: Anti-logging campaigner
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Recession and sleaze - a toxic political combination
- Leading article: A landmark ruling for international justice
- Leading article: A secondary scalp and an inadequate defence
- Leading article: Twitter is not a private conversation
- Leading article: Time for investors to take control
- Leading article: China has a role to play in Sudan
- Leading article: An inspirational walk across London
- Leading article: The net is closing around the Culture Secretary
- Leading article: More spelling, less made-up phonics, please
- Laurie Penny: A papier-mâché puppet and a badly tuned guitar... how to go on strike when you haven't got a job
- Alice Jones: In a world without people, who will police the robots?
- Sherelle Jacobs: Can the UK’s ailing economy learn from Germany?
- Laurence Clark: Remploy closures: Right in theory, but where does it leave disabled employees?
- There's too much pressure to love the Olympics
- Paul Seils: The Charles Taylor verdict shows world leaders can no longer hide behind secret deals and handshakes
- Mohammad Aslam: Putin’s Gazprom: An unhealthy mix of business and politics
- Lisa Markwell: Children, don't do as we do, but do as we say
- Alice Jones: We don't need this to show our arts are world-beating
- Ian Birrell: A warning shot to the world's despots
- Rosie Millard: Wanted - a modern etiquette guide for landladies with gentleman lodgers
- Owen Jones: The Coalition has failed. There is an alternative. Can Ed Miliband be its champion?
- Hayley Barlow: Betrayed by a belligerent old man on the brink
- Oliver Wright: Now we know the power of the cosy chat
- Amol Rajan: A thought experiment on 'absolutely illegal' activities
- Daniel Howden: China's unique position may affect the outcome
- Deborah Ross: That Jeremy Clarkson only gets on TV because of his looks
- David Banks: How do you prosecute a Twittermob?
- The Sketch: Sparkling profits of a dark and dirty conflict
- Ian Burrell: At long last the watchdog is off the leash – and on the scent
- Simon Calder: Save the safety lecture for the those who head to the Med
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Flybe becomes first budget airline to drop £9 debit card fees
- Foreign Office warning sends a chill over luxury Arctic cruises
- Simon Calder: Should you beware Greeks bearing beers?
- Travel Agenda: Berlin Biennale; Sardinia; Noma; Champions' League final; easyJet; Virgin Galactic 'space tourism'
- My Life In Travel: Marco Pierre White, chef, restaurateur and television presenter
- Open Jaw: Traveller's Guide to Florida's Gulf Coast
- Rail union urges passengers to protest over ticket office closures
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants slaughter 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran