Day In a Page
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sir Roy Shaw: Arts Council leader who fought right-wingattacks on public arts subsidies
- Digby Wolfe: Writer and actor best known for 'Laugh-In'
- Frank Parr: Lancashire cricketer and trombonist with George Melly
- Professor Sandy Fenton: Scholar of Scottish antiquities
- Carroll Shelby: Racing driver who won at Le Mans for Aston Martin
- Donald 'Duck' Dunn: Bassist with Booker T and the MGs and one of Stax Records' 'Big 6'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: France and Germany don't have all the cards
- Leading article: François Hollande is less radical than he seems
- Leading article: Not a good career move, Boris Johnson
- Leading article: Sensible reforms that must be fair
- Leading article: Private eyes can't be a law unto themselves
- Leading article: Of Facebook shares and tulip bulbs
- The Debate: Should Amazon be selling Nazi flags?
- James Cusick: Britain's most televised barrister dons the disguise of Captain Slow
- Simon Kelner: Virgin Atlantic's idea is verging on the unbearable
- Nina Lakhani: So what went so very wrong in the Sam Hallam case?
- Grace Dent: Twitter might have turned into a party with 10 million guests, but I'm still loving every minute of it
- Lisa Markwell: It's her needs that make my daughter special
- Ben Chu: Argentina managed to survive a huge default – so could Greece do the same?
- Georgina Pugh: We need to start talking about death
- Henry Makiwa: A humanitarian crisis in West Africa
- Simon Kelner: Football and religon entwined in faith-shaking finish
- Amol Rajan: History in the making – and we can all be part of it
- Major General Tim Cross: Not even Philip Hammond knows if the problem's been fixed
- Joanne Harris: Criticism is fine, but do you have to spoil the plot?
- Stefan Stern: The office giants we pretend to be
- Rhodri Marsden: Here's one newspaper column to read before you die
- Natalie Haynes: You don't have to be mad to expect quiet on a British train – but it helps
- Deborah Ross: What men really need to know – as written by women
- Eurozone Sketch: A kiss, a wrong turn and 'Merkollande' take the stage
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- From 6am to 1am, daily: BBC1 runs into Olympic overload
- Mary Peters: 'Bombs were often going off as I trained in Belfast'
- David Beckham to appear at Olympic Flame handover
- Keri-anne Payne prepared for anything in pursuit of open water gold at Olympics
- Manchester United's Ryan Giggs excited by Olympics opportunity
- 100,000 eye Olympics security jobs with G4S
- Fears that Olympic stadium could become white elephant
- Olympic round-up: news you may have missed...
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Immigration Minister Damian Green blames wrong type of wind for chaos at Heathrow
- 'Hello, I'm on a plane...' Phones are cleared for take-off
- The 10 Best business travel kits
- The best currency to carry in Israel, plus transport links from Bratislava Airport to Vienna
- Greece, Med cruise, Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Deals of the week: Jamaica, Paris, Seville
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it