Day In a Page
- Professor Carlos Fuentes: Author whose work fuelled the rise of South American writing
- Sir Roy Shaw: Arts Council leader who fought right-wingattacks on public arts subsidies
- Digby Wolfe: Writer and actor best known for 'Laugh-In'
- Frank Parr: Lancashire cricketer and trombonist with George Melly
- Canon Eric James: Influential clergyman and theologian
- Leading article: A late, but crucial, test for international justice
- Leading article: François Hollande is less radical than he seems
- Leading article: Much-needed reforms to policing
- Leading article: Sensible reforms that must be fair
- Leading article: The bigger risk is not failing, but drowning
- Leading article: Of Facebook shares and tulip bulbs
- The Debate: Should Amazon be selling Nazi flags?
- Simon Kelner: I'm not ready for my life to get a digital de-cluttering
- Amol Rajan: Hague can crack a whip all he likes ... it may not work
- Tim Lott: Brent Council models itself on 'Goodfellas'
- Viv Groskop: Anti-royalists admit it. We are doomed
- John Bercow: This isn't just about sexuality. It's about basic humanity
- Simon Kelner: Virgin Atlantic's idea is verging on the unbearable
- Nina Lakhani: So what went so very wrong in the Sam Hallam case?
- Grace Dent: Twitter might have turned into a party with 10 million guests, but I'm still loving every minute of it
- Lisa Markwell: It's her needs that make my daughter special
- Ben Chu: Argentina managed to survive a huge default – so could Greece do the same?
- Deborah Ross: Are you a teen having trouble with your parents? I can help
- Eurozone Sketch: A kiss, a wrong turn and 'Merkollande' take the stage
- West Indies frustrate England on first day at Lord's
- I'll take it one series at a time, says besieged Strauss
- Ian Bell: Cruel summer climes mean cuts are more crucial than drives
- Sammy knows his place but West Indies seek their full honours
- Chopra century has Lancashire struggling again
- Prior back at start with the world in his hands
- County Championship round-up: Sarwan enjoys state of Grace away from Tests
- BCCI to investigate IPL corruption claims
- Immigration Minister Damian Green blames wrong type of wind for chaos at Heathrow
- The 10 Best business travel kits
- The best currency to carry in Israel, plus transport links from Bratislava Airport to Vienna
- Greece, Med cruise, Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Deals of the week: Jamaica, Paris, Seville
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.