Day In a Page
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Professor Carlos Fuentes: Author whose work fuelled the rise of South American writing
- Frank Parr: Lancashire cricketer and trombonist with George Melly
- Digby Wolfe: Writer and actor best known for 'Laugh-In'
- Sir Roy Shaw: Arts Council leader who fought right-wingattacks on public arts subsidies
- Canon Eric James: Influential clergyman and theologian
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: A late, but crucial, test for international justice
- Leading article: François Hollande is less radical than he seems
- Leading article: Much-needed reforms to policing
- Leading article: Sensible reforms that must be fair
- Leading article: The bigger risk is not failing, but drowning
- Leading article: Of Facebook shares and tulip bulbs
- The Debate: Should Amazon be selling Nazi flags?
- Simon Kelner: I'm not ready for my life to get a digital de-cluttering
- Amol Rajan: Hague can crack a whip all he likes ... it may not work
- Tim Lott: Brent Council models itself on 'Goodfellas'
- John Bercow: This isn't just about sexuality. It's about basic humanity
- Viv Groskop: Anti-royalists admit it. We are doomed
- Simon Kelner: Virgin Atlantic's idea is verging on the unbearable
- Nina Lakhani: So what went so very wrong in the Sam Hallam case?
- Grace Dent: Twitter might have turned into a party with 10 million guests, but I'm still loving every minute of it
- Ben Chu: Argentina managed to survive a huge default – so could Greece do the same?
- Lisa Markwell: It's her needs that make my daughter special
- Deborah Ross: Are you a teen having trouble with your parents? I can help
- Eurozone Sketch: A kiss, a wrong turn and 'Merkollande' take the stage
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- West Indies frustrate England on first day at Lord's
- I'll take it one series at a time, says besieged Strauss
- Ian Bell: Cruel summer climes mean cuts are more crucial than drives
- Chopra century has Lancashire struggling again
- Sammy knows his place but West Indies seek their full honours
- Prior back at start with the world in his hands
- County Championship round-up: Sarwan enjoys state of Grace away from Tests
- BCCI to investigate IPL corruption claims
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Immigration Minister Damian Green blames wrong type of wind for chaos at Heathrow
- The 10 Best business travel kits
- Deals of the week: Jamaica, Paris, Seville
- Greece, Med cruise, Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- The best currency to carry in Israel, plus transport links from Bratislava Airport to Vienna
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream