Day In a Page
Friday, 22 June 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andy Hamilton: Saxophonist, composer and bandleader who found fame late in his career
- William Knowles: Chemist who won the Nobel Prize at 84
- Thierry Roland: Football commentator known for his faux pas
- Anthony Bate: Actor who made his name with a cold, stern persona and an aura of menace
- Jack Twyman: Basketball player famed for his loyalty
- Fr Pierre Ceyrac: Aid worker in Rwanda, Cambodia and India
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alice Jones: Why we like to get more Bard for our buck
- The big questions: What is poverty? Is it OK for doctors to strike? Would you flee to Ecuador?
- Julian Baggini: Which of us can say we wouldn't avoid tax, given half a chance?
- Marina Cantacuzino: Let's leave 'evil' out of the Anders Breivik case
- Harriet Walker: On the neuralgic subject of yummy mummies, Cherie Blair has a point
- Owen Jones: Awful, soulless workplaces are self-defeating for the boss class, too
- Ian Birrell: Labour's cowardice on immigration is sickening
- Victoria Summerley: A taste of the Wright stuff
- The Comment Matrix: Ed Miliband, white-collar professional jobs under threat and the Rio+20 summit
- Simon Kelner: I don't really see what Carr has to apologise for
- Lisa Markwell: The education reform that is testing for everyone
- Andrew Grice: David Cameron may live to regret speaking out about Jimmy Carr's tax
- Lord Baker: GCSEs came in on my watch – and improved British education
- Lord Steel: Most of my fellow peers accept the need to end the indefensible
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Liar' Kaneria banned for life over spot-fixing
- England's third one-day international against West Indies abandoned due to rain
- England's strength in depth is 'envy of world'
- Stephen Brenkley: Don't bet that match-fixing has gone away
- Danish Kaneria found guilty over spot-fixing charges
- War of the Red Roses as Flintoff hits Athers with verbal bouncer
- Syria's Olympic chief barred from entering UK
- Team GB: Trials and tribulations
- High and mighty: Sports are a whole new spectacle when seen from above
- Anyone for a fartlek? Deciphering some of the weird and wonderful sports jargon...
- Pipped to the post: What happens to famous athletes who just miss a place on the podium?
- Formula One race-track idea among bids for Olympic Stadium in London
- How Elliott got hate mail for depriving Coe of place
- Holy Cow! We are in for a treat at SW19
- Succession of big-hitters served up for Murray
- Andy Murray handed tough start in Wimbledon draw
- Mission impossible for Petra Kvitova to emulate her Czech mate Martina Navratilova
- Fit-again Del Potro ready to scale the heights once more
- Murray says Beijing lessons will help London hopes
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: NatWest and RBS need to get on top of this so-called 'computer glitch'
- Games will not offer a winning opportunity
- Financial farrago in the case of my missing PEP
- Spotlight On: Severn Trent's 10-year bond
- Mark Dampier: Why this duo's bumpy ride with the banks can pay off
- Questions Of Cash: Caught on the hop by Santander's Aussie money transfer
- New customers call free – loyal ones forced to pay
- Paying the unfair price for home care
- Simon Read: 'Computer chaos confirms the importance of branches, but there's much unhappiness about pension planning'
- Derek Pain: I'll be toasting this 'Spirited' performance
- The Bargain Hunter: Save on Net-a-Porter styles for summer
- Donald MacInnes: This sporting life can be pricey, but it's often well worth it
- Money Insider: Confusion that means bank customers are staying put
- NatWest technical glitch affects customers' balance
- Regional energy prices vary by £92 a year and 'hit poorest hardest'
- Why we're a nation of millionaires
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything