Day In a Page
Friday, 22 June 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andy Hamilton: Saxophonist, composer and bandleader who found fame late in his career
- William Knowles: Chemist who won the Nobel Prize at 84
- Thierry Roland: Football commentator known for his faux pas
- Anthony Bate: Actor who made his name with a cold, stern persona and an aura of menace
- Jack Twyman: Basketball player famed for his loyalty
- Fr Pierre Ceyrac: Aid worker in Rwanda, Cambodia and India
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alice Jones: Why we like to get more Bard for our buck
- The big questions: What is poverty? Is it OK for doctors to strike? Would you flee to Ecuador?
- Julian Baggini: Which of us can say we wouldn't avoid tax, given half a chance?
- Marina Cantacuzino: Let's leave 'evil' out of the Anders Breivik case
- Harriet Walker: On the neuralgic subject of yummy mummies, Cherie Blair has a point
- Owen Jones: Awful, soulless workplaces are self-defeating for the boss class, too
- Ian Birrell: Labour's cowardice on immigration is sickening
- Victoria Summerley: A taste of the Wright stuff
- The Comment Matrix: Ed Miliband, white-collar professional jobs under threat and the Rio+20 summit
- Simon Kelner: I don't really see what Carr has to apologise for
- Lisa Markwell: The education reform that is testing for everyone
- Andrew Grice: David Cameron may live to regret speaking out about Jimmy Carr's tax
- Lord Baker: GCSEs came in on my watch – and improved British education
- Lord Steel: Most of my fellow peers accept the need to end the indefensible
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Liar' Kaneria banned for life over spot-fixing
- England's third one-day international against West Indies abandoned due to rain
- England's strength in depth is 'envy of world'
- Stephen Brenkley: Don't bet that match-fixing has gone away
- Danish Kaneria found guilty over spot-fixing charges
- War of the Red Roses as Flintoff hits Athers with verbal bouncer
- Syria's Olympic chief barred from entering UK
- Team GB: Trials and tribulations
- High and mighty: Sports are a whole new spectacle when seen from above
- Anyone for a fartlek? Deciphering some of the weird and wonderful sports jargon...
- Pipped to the post: What happens to famous athletes who just miss a place on the podium?
- Formula One race-track idea among bids for Olympic Stadium in London
- How Elliott got hate mail for depriving Coe of place
- Holy Cow! We are in for a treat at SW19
- Succession of big-hitters served up for Murray
- Andy Murray handed tough start in Wimbledon draw
- Mission impossible for Petra Kvitova to emulate her Czech mate Martina Navratilova
- Fit-again Del Potro ready to scale the heights once more
- Murray says Beijing lessons will help London hopes
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: NatWest and RBS need to get on top of this so-called 'computer glitch'
- Games will not offer a winning opportunity
- Financial farrago in the case of my missing PEP
- Spotlight On: Severn Trent's 10-year bond
- Mark Dampier: Why this duo's bumpy ride with the banks can pay off
- Questions Of Cash: Caught on the hop by Santander's Aussie money transfer
- New customers call free – loyal ones forced to pay
- Paying the unfair price for home care
- Simon Read: 'Computer chaos confirms the importance of branches, but there's much unhappiness about pension planning'
- Derek Pain: I'll be toasting this 'Spirited' performance
- The Bargain Hunter: Save on Net-a-Porter styles for summer
- Donald MacInnes: This sporting life can be pricey, but it's often well worth it
- Money Insider: Confusion that means bank customers are staying put
- NatWest technical glitch affects customers' balance
- Regional energy prices vary by £92 a year and 'hit poorest hardest'
- Why we're a nation of millionaires
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
- 3 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London