Day In a Page
Thursday, 19 July 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Bob Babbitt: Motown 'Funk Brothers' bassist who played on more than 200 hit records
- Richard Zanuck: Film producer responsible for hits including 'Jaws' and 'Driving Miss Daisy'
- Omar Suleiman: Spy chief, politician and stalwart of the Mubarak regime
- Rajesh Khanna: Undisputed king of Bollywood in the 1960s and '70s
- Marsha Singh: Politician who championed the people of Bradford
- Maria Hawkins Cole: Jazz singer and widow of Nat 'King' Cole
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: The more banks on the high street the better
- Leading article: Deadly roads dictate a rethink of speed limits
- Leading article: The police cannot police themselves
- Leading article: The turning of the tide in Syria
- Leading article: Ziggy played the stock market
- Leading article: Tentative hope of a cure for Aids is better than none at all
- Susan Elkin: Teaching creationism - Indoctrination is a form of child abuse
- Laurence Clark: Social care isn't just an issue for our grannies
- Simon Kelner: Should tax breaks be bolted on to an Olympic deal?
- Amol Rajan: Bidding adieu to life's flab with the mighty 'Quinn'
- Harriet Walker: What's so great about 'proper jobs'? And do they even exist?
- Laurie Penny: One big happy family. Just don't put a foot wrong
- E Jane Dickson: Ask the 'everyday experts'? Mums and dads have got enough to worry about
- Anna Nathanson: The Voice newspaper’s Olympics snub raises important questions around diversity
- Ellie Rose: Why should women feel guilty if they choose not to wear make-up?
- Lisa Markwell: Talk is cheap, but texting is cheaper
- Deborah Ross: So you think teaching creationism in school is far-fetched?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Matt Prior frustrates resurgent Proteas
- Alastair Cook reaches milestone 20th Test hundred
- Ian Bell: Steyn may be fierce but I'm out to tame my old Bears team-mate
- Strauss is not afraid of the 'Captain Slayer'
- Day of buffet bowling is meat and drink for classy Cook
- Steyn bowls to sound of silence as tourists wallow in troubled water
- Read reprises his rescue role
- Kevin Pietersen given the cold shoulder for Twenty20 defence
- County Championship round-up: Bairstow's struggles go on after England rejection
- American Brandt Snedeker adds his name to history books at the Open
- Adam Scott equals record with opening 64 at the Open, with Tiger Woods close behind
- Exclusive: Justin Rose up for the fight as Westwood goes into Rocky mode
- James Lawton: Menacing Tiger Woods leaves calling card at the Open
- McIlroy in a good place after taking taxi ride of doom
- James Lawton: David Duval's long journey of self-awareness points way for Luke Donald
- Phil Mickelson stunned after missing the cut at the Open
- Paul Casey crashes out of the Open with another dreadful performance
- England's Richard Finch implodes at the Open with sextuple-bogey
- Lawrie lives up to his 'Chippy' name as he rolls back the years
- Gallows humour for Clarke but horror 76 is no laughing matter
- Tiger Woods delighted with opening round at the Open
- Lee Westwood woe after poor start at the Open
- Defending champion Darren Clarke 'basically disgusted' by opening round at the Open
- Garcia channels spirit of Seve in bid to break major duck
- R&A announces assault on curse of slow play
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Calder: He'll need a holiday after that ...
- Open Jaw: Where readers write back
- Travel Agenda: Munster; Budapest; P&O Ferries; Regent's Canal; Valencia; Walker's Tuscany; Honolulu-Auckland; Turkey earthquakes
- My Life In Travel: Chris O'Dowd, actor
- Forest fires threaten holiday resorts in Portugal
- More Britons getting into trouble abroad
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more