Day In a Page
Thursday, 19 July 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Bob Babbitt: Motown 'Funk Brothers' bassist who played on more than 200 hit records
- Richard Zanuck: Film producer responsible for hits including 'Jaws' and 'Driving Miss Daisy'
- Omar Suleiman: Spy chief, politician and stalwart of the Mubarak regime
- Rajesh Khanna: Undisputed king of Bollywood in the 1960s and '70s
- Marsha Singh: Politician who championed the people of Bradford
- Maria Hawkins Cole: Jazz singer and widow of Nat 'King' Cole
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: The more banks on the high street the better
- Leading article: Deadly roads dictate a rethink of speed limits
- Leading article: The police cannot police themselves
- Leading article: The turning of the tide in Syria
- Leading article: Ziggy played the stock market
- Leading article: Tentative hope of a cure for Aids is better than none at all
- Susan Elkin: Teaching creationism - Indoctrination is a form of child abuse
- Laurence Clark: Social care isn't just an issue for our grannies
- Simon Kelner: Should tax breaks be bolted on to an Olympic deal?
- Amol Rajan: Bidding adieu to life's flab with the mighty 'Quinn'
- Harriet Walker: What's so great about 'proper jobs'? And do they even exist?
- Laurie Penny: One big happy family. Just don't put a foot wrong
- E Jane Dickson: Ask the 'everyday experts'? Mums and dads have got enough to worry about
- Anna Nathanson: The Voice newspaper’s Olympics snub raises important questions around diversity
- Ellie Rose: Why should women feel guilty if they choose not to wear make-up?
- Lisa Markwell: Talk is cheap, but texting is cheaper
- Deborah Ross: So you think teaching creationism in school is far-fetched?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Matt Prior frustrates resurgent Proteas
- Alastair Cook reaches milestone 20th Test hundred
- Ian Bell: Steyn may be fierce but I'm out to tame my old Bears team-mate
- Strauss is not afraid of the 'Captain Slayer'
- Day of buffet bowling is meat and drink for classy Cook
- Steyn bowls to sound of silence as tourists wallow in troubled water
- Read reprises his rescue role
- Kevin Pietersen given the cold shoulder for Twenty20 defence
- County Championship round-up: Bairstow's struggles go on after England rejection
- American Brandt Snedeker adds his name to history books at the Open
- Adam Scott equals record with opening 64 at the Open, with Tiger Woods close behind
- Exclusive: Justin Rose up for the fight as Westwood goes into Rocky mode
- James Lawton: Menacing Tiger Woods leaves calling card at the Open
- McIlroy in a good place after taking taxi ride of doom
- James Lawton: David Duval's long journey of self-awareness points way for Luke Donald
- Phil Mickelson stunned after missing the cut at the Open
- Paul Casey crashes out of the Open with another dreadful performance
- England's Richard Finch implodes at the Open with sextuple-bogey
- Lawrie lives up to his 'Chippy' name as he rolls back the years
- Gallows humour for Clarke but horror 76 is no laughing matter
- Tiger Woods delighted with opening round at the Open
- Lee Westwood woe after poor start at the Open
- Defending champion Darren Clarke 'basically disgusted' by opening round at the Open
- Garcia channels spirit of Seve in bid to break major duck
- R&A announces assault on curse of slow play
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Calder: He'll need a holiday after that ...
- Open Jaw: Where readers write back
- Travel Agenda: Munster; Budapest; P&O Ferries; Regent's Canal; Valencia; Walker's Tuscany; Honolulu-Auckland; Turkey earthquakes
- My Life In Travel: Chris O'Dowd, actor
- Forest fires threaten holiday resorts in Portugal
- More Britons getting into trouble abroad
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''