Day In a Page
Thursday, 26 July 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gareth Walters: Welsh composer of fastidious craftsmanship who became an inspirational teacher
- William Asher: Pioneering director who helped make the blueprint for the modern sitcom
- Rabbi Yosef Elyashiv: Hardline interpreter of Jewish law
- Ernie Machin: Footballer who made history in court
- Barton Biggs: Global investment guru noted for his later pessimism
- Laurence Dopson: Medical writer, and obituarist for 'The Independent'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: To be open for business, Britain needs immigrants
- Leading article: Sit back and let the Games cast their spell
- Leading article: Another blow to the Chancellor's strategy
- Leading article: Time to rethink ties with Rwanda
- Leading article: A victory for the public interest
- Leading article: Syria has no future with Assad
- Leading article: Paul Chambers and a deserved last laugh
- Leading article: One easy way to refute accusations of profiteering
- Leading article: The rest of the UK must follow Scotland's lead
- Michael Bywater: Forget faster, higher, stronger. I'll settle for a more sedentary Games
- Amol Rajan: Could it be that Mitt is not such a mutt after all?
- Lisa Markwell: Who's the most scared when children take flight?
- Alice Jones: Hot, ready, legal - Bieber the next teen paradox
- Viv Groskop: Why tax breaks for chauffeurs but not kids?
- The big questions: Is milk too cheap? Are the Games worth it? Should young people work for experience?
- Simon Kelner: It's grim up North – but that's no reason to be regionalist
- Simon Kelner: Happiness is a warm survey, unless you're in Arran
- Natalie Haynes: Guess I'm just going to have to walk three miles to pay in a cheque ...
- Tessa Sanderson: I won gold - but having the Olympic Games in my home town is something else
- Tara Conlan: We didn't know back then that the era of big business was on its way
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years