Day In a Page
Friday, 27 July 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mary Tamm: Actress who made her name as the Time lady Romana in 'Doctor Who'
- Eric Bell: Footballer who scored in the 'Matthews Final'
- Gareth Walters: Welsh composer of fastidious craftsmanship who became an inspirational teacher
- Gad Beck: Writer and activist who survived as a gay Jewish man in Nazi Germany
- Rabbi Yosef Elyashiv: Hardline interpreter of Jewish law
- Ernie Machin: Footballer who made history in court
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: To be open for business, Britain needs immigrants
- Leading article: Sit back and let the Games cast their spell
- Leading article: Time to rethink ties with Rwanda
- Leading article: A victory for the public interest
- Leading article: Paul Chambers and a deserved last laugh
- Leading article: One easy way to refute accusations of profiteering
- Michael Bywater: Forget faster, higher, stronger. I'll settle for a more sedentary Games
- Amol Rajan: Could it be that Mitt is not such a mutt after all?
- Alice Jones: Hot, ready, legal - Bieber the next teen paradox
- The big questions: Is milk too cheap? Are the Games worth it? Should young people work for experience?
- Viv Groskop: Why tax breaks for chauffeurs but not kids?
- Simon Kelner: It's grim up North – but that's no reason to be regionalist
- Natalie Haynes: Guess I'm just going to have to walk three miles to pay in a cheque ...
- Tessa Sanderson: I won gold - but having the Olympic Games in my home town is something else
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Expect England to say 'same again' but Bopara may be in last-chance saloon
- Matt Prior backing Ravi Bopara to come good for England in problem No 6 position
- Finn tucks in but Onions fails to sizzle as Durham struggle
- Three into one won't go: Contenders vying to face South Africa
- Debutant shows england how to skittle proteas
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Prices went up by 15 per cent – now British Gas profits soar as well
- The Bargain Hunter: No time to waste for ASOS discounts
- Simon Read: The cock-ups just keep coming at our high street banks
- Money Insider: Added-value bank accounts can pay off
- Questions of Cash: We can't get a paying-in book for our Santander account
- Donald MacInnes: Revenge was not so sweet with John Major's bad breath
- Derek Pain: A loss so big it's worth waiting for a recovery
- Watchdog warns on packaged accounts
- Five Questions About: British Gas profits
- Mark Dampier: Spanish woes mean Hambro income can take advantage
- Nationwide and NatWest fix IT errors
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school