Day In a Page
Sunday, 13 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- I used to be a reality TV snob, until Drew Pritchard and 'Salvage Hunters' changed my mind
- My Mad Fat Diary is a breath of fresh air for mental illness on TV
- Bought off: how crime fiction lost the plot
- Savile's escape has put our public institutions on trial
- A civil servant too effective for his own good
- Aaron Swartz - a tragic death, a remarkable man
- If you ask me...Are you financially inept(ish)? Here’s the tax return form for you
- Tell the British we can’t choose on the EU and we’ll want a vote all the more
- American audiences must already be bored by all the British award acceptance speeches
- Let’s see the top civil servants on television
- Why must you and I pay for Savile’s crimes?
- The tyranny of trying to be happy is what’s making us so miserable
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: It's me or the puppy
- Despite Jodie Foster 'coming out' at the Golden Globes, celebrities are not fit to be role models
- One crucial clause is missing from this PIP reform, and its absence will dismay disabled people
- In his opposition to a progressive tax rise, Ed Balls proves he's a prisoner of his Brownite past
- Public sector services must be effective first, efficient second
- To Julie Burchill, Suzanne Moore and all feminists: The absence of trans people in the media is as important as the absence of women in the media
- Quentin Tarantino's interview outburst tarnishes violent cinema
- The jobless are lazy? That's just a vile lie
- Is FOMO depriving us of our ability to exist in the present and take pleasure in the here and now?
- The retrial that will seal the fate of Hosni Mubarak
- Sorry Steve Hilton, there's no excuse for Cameron not to know what his own policies are
- It is vital to step in now and stop the deadly march of these extremist militias in Mali
- The war in Libya was seen as a success, now here we are engaging with the blowback in Mali
- Burchill's attack follows the same pattern - trans stories are only of interest if we star as villains
- India's women are speaking out about rape. When will Britain's women do the same?
- A Case for Radio: How can Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg get the most out of his new medium
- Forgive us, Oprah, for we have sinned
- Tarantino dresses up violence, but violence it is
- The war against the Shia catches all in its crossfire
- Supermarkets trade in mediocrity and waste
- Leave me out of this Bowiemania
- Working for the money? Whatever next!
- Overseas study is good for business
- Cuts to domestic abuse services may make short-term savings, but the long-term costs are too high
- I knew it would end messily with Tom Daley
- Rant & Rave (13/01/13)
- The Emperor's New Clothes (13/01/13)
- Poll: Is this Yeah Yeah Yeahs album cover crazy good, or just crazy?
- Poll: Is Britain right to assist the French intervention in Mali?
- LISTEN: Justin Timberlake's new song ‘Suit & Tie’ featuring Jay Z
- Who else did Scientologist Tom Cruise audition to be his wife?
- WATCH: Jodie Foster's moving 'coming out' speech at the Golden Globes
- Why are supernatural beliefs so important to religion?
- Liz Jones on Clare Balding: The reaction
- Poll: Did Julie Burchill go too far in her ‘transphobic’ defence of Suzanne Moore?
- Editorial: Mali's Islamists are too dangerous to be ignored
- Editorial: The unaffordable cost of climate change delay
- Editorial: Blame the tax loopholes
- Editorial: An alarming spike in snooping
- Editorial: Cameron gives the game away
- Editorial: A speech that shames Hollywood
- Editorial: Pig-Hoo-o-o-o-ey: welcome to Blandings
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stuart Broad's injury woes underpin England's desire for rotation
- Secret to England's success? Listening to roar of the Lions
- Taylor hopes to take on the men
- Matt Prior reveals intervention over Kevin Pietersen
- Victory is sweet for Samit Patel after whitewash pain
- Lahiru Thirimanne century routs Australia to level series
- Root: I'm just as happy with the ball as the bat
- Rory McIlroy backs Paul McGinley over Colin Montgomerie for Ryder Cup
- Coming to a billboard near you... poster boy Rory McIlroy hits big time with Nick sponsorship deal
- Top dollar for Rory McIlroy who joins blue-chip brotherhood with Nike deal
- Colin Montgomerie emerges as contender to Paul McGinley for Ryder Cup captaincy
- Kevin Garside: It's time golf woke up to Ryder Cup captaincy's big business appeal
- Scott Jamieson sqaunders five-shot advantage
- Watson battles back to wipe out signs of second-season syndrome
- Heather Watson battles through to second round of Australian Open
- Jamie Baker and Andy Murray: Friends reunited at the top
- Murray's on mission improbable
- Home comforts are hard to find for Australia as only one player from nine goes through
- Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams remain on course for third round showdown
- Novak Djokovic sweeps aside opponent to reach second round at the Australian Open
- Andre Agassi tips Andy Murray to build on US victory
- Fleming's winning message to Ross
- Maria seeks different type of sweet success
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Richard Quest: What kind of road warrior forgets their charger?
- Jamaica: Some of the world's best scenery – and the world's worst murder rates
- Great getaways: Caribbean cruise, Austrian skiing, Scandinavian city breaks and Italian escape
- Tips and deals of the week: White Desert Antarctica, London France Show and Golden Triangle by Rail
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- To invest in India or China? Which to choose?
- Consumer rights: 'Going nowhere with travel insurance until we started to talk'
- Cushion the loss of Child Benefit
- Julian Knight: Financial advice gap has become a chasm
- Brits should reconsider saving in foreign banks
- Investment Insider: Home shoppers may not help retailers out of their slump, but watch out for overseas growth
- Bonus cut is latest blow to UK's savers
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers