Day In a Page
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jack Hart: Trade unionist who took on the Tory government over the ban on unions at GCHQ
- David R Ellis: Stuntman who went on to direct 'Snakes on a Plane'
- Ladislao Mazurkiewicz: Goalkeeper who thwarted England in 1966
- Qazi Hussain Ahmed: Politician who opposed US policy in Afghanistan
- Harry Randall: Photographer who served in the Spanish Civil War
- Sir Robert Clark: Decorated war hero who went on to build a glittering career in the City
- Daniel Inouye: War hero and respected Senator
- Harry Carey Jr: Actor who worked on John Ford's best-known films
- John Carol Case: Baritone and teacher celebrated for his work in the English song repertoire
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lagging we may be, but India still regards us in awe
- Brian Haw: A statue would be a fitting tribute to a man of peace
- The long road to acceptance for kidnap victims of rebel fighters
- We need Delia Smith now more than ever
- These Belfast riots aren't over the flag - but the creation of a fairer society
- Have you lost your work-life balance?
- Learning lines by heart: like having your own private iPoems library
- The blackcap is a new bird in our midst. Take the chance to get to know it
- Nothing in British politics is harder than welfare reform. The dogfight over it is a distraction
- A terrible plight, an amazing response by our readers
- Whatever happened to the global race in education?
- It might seem like a laugh but the Daily Mail’s latest attack on comedy is dangerous
- Ahead of Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong: the ten questions for him to answer
- Exclusive: So much for the libertarians! How Ukip sacked me after I said I support equal marriage
- A new single for David Bowie, but I fear time has caught up with the thin white duke
- Piers Morgan stares down the barrel in bust-up with gun nut Alex Jones
- The Welfare Bill: A government of millionaires just made the poor poorer - and laughed as they did it
- The protests sparked by gang-rape in India aren't the beginning and they won't be the end
- Why is British jazz always the Cinderella when it comes to tales of ‘Swinging London’?
- What a heatwave in Australia tells us about climate change and the extreme weather of the future
- It might be fiction, but Britain's leaders should tune in and learn from Danish TV drama Borgen
- Luis Suárez's handball: Cheating isn’t cheating if you don’t think it is
- Does a rise in borrowing mean a return to normality?
- David Bowie has gone from new to old – and what a beautiful thing it is
- For too long the West has been blind to Africa's true nature. Now, we risk being left behind
- Men's London Fashion Week: Welcome, boys! Now you too can be manipulated by fashion
- A dream that could become reality: no more child soldiers…
- Anonymous, 4chan, and how Cut for Bieber pushes trolling to the limit of lulz (whatever that means)
- It isn’t easy being young in the United Kingdom today
- Those new year gym bunnies will have hopped off by Easter
- Ageism or a legitimate decision?
- The Sketch: Two balding blokes and the battle of the Bill
- Jon Stewart performs surgical takedown on right wing response to Sandy Hook
- Reaction: Lance Armstrong might come clean to Oprah
- What does your choice of classic Monopoly token say about you?
- WATCH: James Franco leads the pack of Justin Bieber imitators
- What is the future of conservatism?
- Bowie releases first new single for 10 years, 'Where Are We Now?': The world reacts
- WATCH: Oil flows wrong way in brain-twisting illusion
- Down with George Osborne's Welfare Uprating Bill!
- Why Les Misérables and Victor Hugo still matter
- Chuck Hagel will initiate America's inevitable military decline
- Editorial: Climate change - no less of a problem than it was
- Editorial: Signs of trouble to come for China's new leader
- Editorial: Don't dismiss privatised classes
- Editorial: Do not let parents off the hook
- Editorial: You can't Lance the boil that easily
- Editorial: In defence of the Liverpool Care Pathway
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media