Day In a Page
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jack Hart: Trade unionist who took on the Tory government over the ban on unions at GCHQ
- David R Ellis: Stuntman who went on to direct 'Snakes on a Plane'
- Ladislao Mazurkiewicz: Goalkeeper who thwarted England in 1966
- Sir Robert Clark: Decorated war hero who went on to build a glittering career in the City
- Harry Randall: Photographer who served in the Spanish Civil War
- Qazi Hussain Ahmed: Politician who opposed US policy in Afghanistan
- John Carol Case: Baritone and teacher celebrated for his work in the English song repertoire
- Daniel Inouye: War hero and respected Senator
- Harry Carey Jr: Actor who worked on John Ford's best-known films
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lagging we may be, but India still regards us in awe
- Brian Haw: A statue would be a fitting tribute to a man of peace
- The long road to acceptance for kidnap victims of rebel fighters
- We need Delia Smith now more than ever
- These Belfast riots aren't over the flag - but the creation of a fairer society
- Have you lost your work-life balance?
- Learning lines by heart: like having your own private iPoems library
- The blackcap is a new bird in our midst. Take the chance to get to know it
- Nothing in British politics is harder than welfare reform. The dogfight over it is a distraction
- A terrible plight, an amazing response by our readers
- Whatever happened to the global race in education?
- It might seem like a laugh but the Daily Mail’s latest attack on comedy is dangerous
- Ahead of Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong: the ten questions for him to answer
- Exclusive: So much for the libertarians! How Ukip sacked me after I said I support equal marriage
- A new single for David Bowie, but I fear time has caught up with the thin white duke
- Piers Morgan stares down the barrel in bust-up with gun nut Alex Jones
- The Welfare Bill: A government of millionaires just made the poor poorer - and laughed as they did it
- The protests sparked by gang-rape in India aren't the beginning and they won't be the end
- Why is British jazz always the Cinderella when it comes to tales of ‘Swinging London’?
- What a heatwave in Australia tells us about climate change and the extreme weather of the future
- It might be fiction, but Britain's leaders should tune in and learn from Danish TV drama Borgen
- Luis Suárez's handball: Cheating isn’t cheating if you don’t think it is
- Does a rise in borrowing mean a return to normality?
- David Bowie has gone from new to old – and what a beautiful thing it is
- For too long the West has been blind to Africa's true nature. Now, we risk being left behind
- Men's London Fashion Week: Welcome, boys! Now you too can be manipulated by fashion
- A dream that could become reality: no more child soldiers…
- Anonymous, 4chan, and how Cut for Bieber pushes trolling to the limit of lulz (whatever that means)
- It isn’t easy being young in the United Kingdom today
- Those new year gym bunnies will have hopped off by Easter
- Ageism or a legitimate decision?
- The Sketch: Two balding blokes and the battle of the Bill
- Jon Stewart performs surgical takedown on right wing response to Sandy Hook
- Reaction: Lance Armstrong might come clean to Oprah
- What does your choice of classic Monopoly token say about you?
- WATCH: James Franco leads the pack of Justin Bieber imitators
- What is the future of conservatism?
- Bowie releases first new single for 10 years, 'Where Are We Now?': The world reacts
- WATCH: Oil flows wrong way in brain-twisting illusion
- Down with George Osborne's Welfare Uprating Bill!
- Why Les Misérables and Victor Hugo still matter
- Chuck Hagel will initiate America's inevitable military decline
- Editorial: Climate change - no less of a problem than it was
- Editorial: Signs of trouble to come for China's new leader
- Editorial: Don't dismiss privatised classes
- Editorial: Do not let parents off the hook
- Editorial: You can't Lance the boil that easily
- Editorial: In defence of the Liverpool Care Pathway
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years