Day In a Page
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alasdair Milne: BBC executive who rose to Director-General but was sacked under pressure from Mrs Thatcher
- Jack Hart: Trade unionist who took on the Tory government over the ban on unions at GCHQ
- Ian Black: Goalkeeper for Fulham in the 1950s
- David R Ellis: Stuntman who went on to direct 'Snakes on a Plane'
- Ladislao Mazurkiewicz: Goalkeeper who thwarted England in 1966
- Qazi Hussain Ahmed: Politician who opposed US policy in Afghanistan
- Harry Randall: Photographer who served in the Spanish Civil War
- Sir Robert Clark: Decorated war hero who went on to build a glittering career in the City
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Get yourself fit for a year of challenges ahead
- 'I will always remember the liberated child soldiers I met – and your generosity'
- ‘As a father of young children, your articles struck a chord’
- Just as they cut the incomes of the poor, MPs say they deserve to be paid more. They may be right
- At this rate, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad could still hold power in Damascus a year from now
- John McCririck is suing Channel 4 - but it's not age that holds him back, it's aging attitudes
- Anonymous comments are as pathetic as the anonymous "sources" that contaminate gutless journalism from the New York Times, BBC, and CNN
- Don't knock celebrity diving, the brave no-hopers on Splash! shows us all how to take the plunge
- What, no Tinie Tempah, Dizzee Rascal, Wretch 32? There's no pleasing everyone on the Brit Awards
- Unionist fears have been hijacked by paramilitaries to bolster youth support in Belfast
- Half of the world's food is thrown away? Come on, supermarkets: give us ‘imperfection’
- Why rape convictions are so hard to get
- 31 rules from the landlord - flat-hunting in London is a treacherous task
- South Park, silent births and Nicole Kidman: The top 10 stories from the Church of Scientology
- Young people in this country don't trust our police
- With a recall referendum, we could all be heroes
- The biggest time-wasting 999 calls: Citizens are grossly misusing their emergency services – and it’s costing human lives
- We need Delia Smith now more than ever
- These Belfast riots aren't over the flag - but the creation of a fairer society
- Have you lost your work-life balance?
- Learning lines by heart: like having your own private iPoems library
- The blackcap is a new bird in our midst. Take the chance to get to know it
- Nothing in British politics is harder than welfare reform. The dogfight over it is a distraction
- A terrible plight, an amazing response by our readers
- Whatever happened to the global race in education?
- It might seem like a laugh but the Daily Mail’s latest attack on comedy is dangerous
- Ahead of Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong: the ten questions for him to answer
- Exclusive: So much for the libertarians! How Ukip sacked me after I said I support equal marriage
- A new single for David Bowie, but I fear time has caught up with the thin white duke
- Piers Morgan stares down the barrel in bust-up with gun nut Alex Jones
- The Welfare Bill: A government of millionaires just made the poor poorer - and laughed as they did it
- The protests sparked by gang-rape in India aren't the beginning and they won't be the end
- Why is British jazz always the Cinderella when it comes to tales of ‘Swinging London’?
- The Sketch: Cameron goes chasing after the wrong fox
- Ageism or a legitimate decision?
- Oscar Nominations 2013: Who should win the Academy Award for Best Actress?
- Oscar Nominations: Who should win the Academy Award for Best Actor?
- Oscar Nominations: Which film should win the Academy Award for Best Picture?
- Only 30 mins cooking time, 15 min showers and no pork: landlord gives tenant ridiculous list of 31 rules
- Good news! We might not be heading for an over-population apocalypse, after all
- Jon Stewart performs surgical takedown on right wing response to Sandy Hook
- Reaction: Lance Armstrong might come clean to Oprah
- What does your choice of classic Monopoly token say about you?
- WATCH: James Franco leads the pack of Justin Bieber imitators
- Editorial: A long way to go in our response to sex crimes
- Editorial: Climate change - no less of a problem than it was
- Editorial: Some sense on Europe, at last
- Editorial: Don't dismiss privatised classes
- Editorial: An outstanding Christmas Appeal – thanks to you
- Editorial: You can't Lance the boil that easily
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference