Day In a Page
Monday, 14 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is this the worst attempt at exiting a parking space ever?
- Fukuppy, Fukushima Industries new mascot, is branding disaster
- In pictures: Eid Al-Adha celebrations around the world
- Putin is a 'proud buff dude' and Russia should not be vilified for anti-gay laws ahead of Sochi Olympic Games, says US swimmer
- Video: Jonathan Florez crowned wingsuit world champion
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Postcard from... Brussels
- Erich Priebke: SS officer who was extradited to stand trial in Italy for the Ardeatine murders
- Fred Martin: Scotland’s 1954 World Cup ’keeper
- Johnny Hamilton
- Wilfried Martens: Politician who led nine Belgian governments
- Anthony Hinds: Screenwriter and producer who transformed the fortunes of Hammer Films
- Paul Rogers
- Sir Ian Sinclair: Lawyer who helped ease Britain’s entry into the EEC
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lebanon has cause for shame in its treatment of Syrian refugees
- Top marks, Kenneth Baker. These technical schools are precisely what the nation needs
- Julian Fellowes says reading Shakespeare requires an expensive education. Does he speak in jest?
- Miley Cyrus reaches number one: Where are all the middle-aged men in this debate?
- Basically, I'm with Harris Academy on banning slang, yeah
- England v Poland: Some handy football phrases to talk about the beautiful game with your Polish neighbours
- Our leaders have always misled us about the EU
- Give a warm welcome to China, our new best friend
- Madonna’s rape is her truth and tragedy. And she has the right to speak about it
- Why we must do more to stop wildlife crime
- ‘I don’t have kids of my own – I don’t have a wife or toys, so it wouldn’t work’
- A letter to my 16-year-old self
- A less lethal weapon? As Taser use is rolled out across London, the public has much to fear
- Future First has convinced thousands of people to go back to their schools and talk to pupils
- We must give our young people the skills they need to fill the employment gap
- Life on Marsden: Gambling to beat boredom is not such a winning idea, it turns out
- Inside Whitehall: Government tsars - what are they good for?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Seeing my ex's son brings back the painful memory of my abortion
- Terence Blacker: Don’t want a wind farm near you? Well, good luck stopping it
- Farage and Le Pen: the sanitised faces of extreme populism
- Vicky Pryce will do fine. But there are so many other ex-cons who won’t
- The sad tale of the lollipop man who was told he couldn't high-five anymore
- Sure you can tell your child they are fat. If you want them to live a lifetime of insecurity
- Ending poverty is a huge ambition. It's too much to ask of foreign aid
- What is the reasonable way for UK asylum seekers to 'prove they are gay'?
- Votes at 16: Young people don’t seem to care about politics because politics doesn’t care about them
- There is undeniable risk in producing the GM rice that the Environment Secretary is proposing
- So what’s it like to be mugged? Now I know
- Hats off to the sanitary towel sellers
- Dislike traffic wardens? You'll admire this one's tenacity tackling Hillary Clinton's security...
- US debt ceiling: What's going on? And what are the papers saying?
- Twitter introduces feature to receive direct messages from people you don't follow
- Poll: Was Harris Academy right to ban slang?
- National Chocolate Week: Think you know about cocoa?
- GTA V player takes ‘Street’ Photography using in-game camera phone
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Rush' stunt driver Sean Edwards dies in Porsche crash while coaching younger racers at Queensland Raceway in Australia
- F1: Japan victory shows Sebastian Vettel can win in more ways than one after Christian Horner praises his versatility
- Video: Five Moto2 riders lucky to escape serious injury after frightening crash at the Malaysian Grand Prix
- F1: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso concedes world championship to Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel
- Max Chilton: I deserve a seat at Marussia for next season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- What's the difference between the words 'lie', 'deceive' and 'mislead'? Oxford releases interview questions
- Government plans to overhaul GCSEs and A-levels at the same time will 'wreck' education, says Oxford University's head of admissions
- Leeds students pressure venue to drop ‘Freshers Violation’ club night
- Watch: George Galloway accused of racism by Oxford student waving Israeli flag
- No new tuition fee rise, promises Clegg
- 'Come to England and date Harry Potter': Boris Johnson pitches London to Chinese students
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist