Day In a Page
Monday, 14 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is this the worst attempt at exiting a parking space ever?
- Fukuppy, Fukushima Industries new mascot, is branding disaster
- In pictures: Eid Al-Adha celebrations around the world
- Putin is a 'proud buff dude' and Russia should not be vilified for anti-gay laws ahead of Sochi Olympic Games, says US swimmer
- Video: Jonathan Florez crowned wingsuit world champion
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Postcard from... Brussels
- Erich Priebke: SS officer who was extradited to stand trial in Italy for the Ardeatine murders
- Fred Martin: Scotland’s 1954 World Cup ’keeper
- Johnny Hamilton
- Wilfried Martens: Politician who led nine Belgian governments
- Anthony Hinds: Screenwriter and producer who transformed the fortunes of Hammer Films
- Paul Rogers
- Sir Ian Sinclair: Lawyer who helped ease Britain’s entry into the EEC
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lebanon has cause for shame in its treatment of Syrian refugees
- Top marks, Kenneth Baker. These technical schools are precisely what the nation needs
- Julian Fellowes says reading Shakespeare requires an expensive education. Does he speak in jest?
- Miley Cyrus reaches number one: Where are all the middle-aged men in this debate?
- Basically, I'm with Harris Academy on banning slang, yeah
- England v Poland: Some handy football phrases to talk about the beautiful game with your Polish neighbours
- Our leaders have always misled us about the EU
- Give a warm welcome to China, our new best friend
- Madonna’s rape is her truth and tragedy. And she has the right to speak about it
- Why we must do more to stop wildlife crime
- ‘I don’t have kids of my own – I don’t have a wife or toys, so it wouldn’t work’
- A letter to my 16-year-old self
- A less lethal weapon? As Taser use is rolled out across London, the public has much to fear
- Future First has convinced thousands of people to go back to their schools and talk to pupils
- We must give our young people the skills they need to fill the employment gap
- Life on Marsden: Gambling to beat boredom is not such a winning idea, it turns out
- Inside Whitehall: Government tsars - what are they good for?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Seeing my ex's son brings back the painful memory of my abortion
- Terence Blacker: Don’t want a wind farm near you? Well, good luck stopping it
- Farage and Le Pen: the sanitised faces of extreme populism
- Vicky Pryce will do fine. But there are so many other ex-cons who won’t
- The sad tale of the lollipop man who was told he couldn't high-five anymore
- Sure you can tell your child they are fat. If you want them to live a lifetime of insecurity
- Ending poverty is a huge ambition. It's too much to ask of foreign aid
- What is the reasonable way for UK asylum seekers to 'prove they are gay'?
- Votes at 16: Young people don’t seem to care about politics because politics doesn’t care about them
- There is undeniable risk in producing the GM rice that the Environment Secretary is proposing
- So what’s it like to be mugged? Now I know
- Hats off to the sanitary towel sellers
- Dislike traffic wardens? You'll admire this one's tenacity tackling Hillary Clinton's security...
- US debt ceiling: What's going on? And what are the papers saying?
- Twitter introduces feature to receive direct messages from people you don't follow
- Poll: Was Harris Academy right to ban slang?
- National Chocolate Week: Think you know about cocoa?
- GTA V player takes ‘Street’ Photography using in-game camera phone
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Rush' stunt driver Sean Edwards dies in Porsche crash while coaching younger racers at Queensland Raceway in Australia
- F1: Japan victory shows Sebastian Vettel can win in more ways than one after Christian Horner praises his versatility
- Video: Five Moto2 riders lucky to escape serious injury after frightening crash at the Malaysian Grand Prix
- F1: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso concedes world championship to Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel
- Max Chilton: I deserve a seat at Marussia for next season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- What's the difference between the words 'lie', 'deceive' and 'mislead'? Oxford releases interview questions
- Government plans to overhaul GCSEs and A-levels at the same time will 'wreck' education, says Oxford University's head of admissions
- Leeds students pressure venue to drop ‘Freshers Violation’ club night
- Watch: George Galloway accused of racism by Oxford student waving Israeli flag
- No new tuition fee rise, promises Clegg
- 'Come to England and date Harry Potter': Boris Johnson pitches London to Chinese students
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 3 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 4 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'