Day In a Page
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Has the Yeti mystery been solved? New research finds 'Bigfoot' DNA matches rare polar bear
- Drought followed by brain: How climate change spurred evolution of human intelligence
- Chris Stringer: Skull 5 team proposes a radical rethink, but there are doubts to be overcome
- Video: Dinosaur skeleton goes on sale
- Impurrfect vision: Images reveal the differences between cat and human eyesight
- Brain treats rejection like physical pain say scientists
- Frank Stone: Tail-gunner who helped construct the tunnels used in 'The Great Escape'
- Hans Riegel: Businessman who transformed Haribo into a global confectionery giant
- James Nicholas: Poet, teacher and Archdruid of Wales
- Bill Eppridge: Photographer for 'Life' magazine
- Maxine Powell: Head of Tamla Motown's charm school
- The Duchess of Medinaceli: Aristocrat and philanthropist
- Sean Edwards: England's first winner of the Nürburgring 24 Hour Race
- Norman John Gillies: St Kilda evacuee who dedicated himself to preserving its memory
- James Vaught: Soldier who led the abortive rescue of the Tehran hostages
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Nasty Party is back, sneering at food banks and those who use them
- The re-trial of Amanda Knox in the Kercher case will be a show without its star
- Roy Hodgson may have scored an own goal, but he’s no racist
- The hunt for Gloria De Piero's topless photo shoot: A cruel pursuit that reeks of double standards
- The Tea Party have successfully undermined everything Obama has attempted
- The police have been exposed over plebgate. Now give Mitchell his job back
- ‘In my head I’m still good at rounders. It’s outside of my head where the problems start’
- Experiment with careers, Dame Marjorie Scardino tells girls at Eltham Hill Technology College
- Ledley King heads back to his primary school in Mile End, London
- For one in five of us, anxiety is a daily obstacle
- Why we need a movement to counter xenophobia
- It's time for technology companies to fix the gender imbalance
- How to tackle obesity: Treat patients as individuals, regardless of their weight
- This infernal Help to Buy Scheme will only widen the North/South divide
- A lesson in cause and effect: Drunk women do not cause rape. Rapists cause rape.
- Last month my brother James was served with an eviction notice. Please don't take his home away
- i Editor's Letter: Aghanistan - Twelve years on
- Morrissey autobiography: I can’t wait to discover this charming man’s side of the story
- From Tian Tian to the tiger cub: Zoos aren’t, and can never be, the natural world
- England and the World Cup: How happy we’d be if we didn’t insist on winning everything
- Nature Studies: My unexpected first encounter with The Prince in the forest
- So just how evasive did Savile have to be before the police woke up?
- Eleanor Catton is the youngest ever Booker winner. But we judges thought of the book, not the writer
- Inside Westminster: Stop calling me a Blairite
- My name is Kirsty. I'm a Mumsnetter - but it's not just penis beakers we've got an opinion on
- How Grayson Perry and The Reith Lectures will restore your faith in the BBC
- Hate crime awareness week: what we must do to stop any disabled person living in fear
- Andrew Mitchell ‘plebgate’ scandal: Is it possible that police behaved this dishonestly?
- Oprah is wrong. Atheists can experience wonder and awe
- We don't all need to go to university
- Banning party invites unless the whole class can come? Well, not exactly...
- This Government is cutting the poor adrift, and leaving charities to pick up the pieces
- i Editor's Letter: New and improved arts and entertainment coverage
- British Gas opens Q&A on Twitter, unleashes torrent of loathing
- QUIZ: The new Oxford Dictionary of Humorous Quotations: do you know who said what?
- A Monkey in space? What on earth was Roy Hodgson talking about? Read the transcript here
- Quiz: After Stan Collymore defended Roy Hodgson's joke, test your knowledge of legitimate space tales...
- Gloria De Piero: Stop searching for topless photos and let me get on with the job
- A glass of Chat-eau blanc? Wine for cats on sale in Japan
- Super Mario comes to your web browser
- One bad apple: All free schools are not like Al-Madinah
- An abiding impasse: There is little sign that US Republicans will cease to inflict deep damage on their country
- Casualties of war: Half a million Iraqi dead, and counting...
- Plebgate: The Mitchell saga has dealt a potentially fatal blow to public trust in the police
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leaked video and photos appear to show Google’s Nexus 5 smartphone
- Apple's Jony Ive teams up with Marc Newson to create one-off desk
- Free one year Netflix subscription offered with Nokia Lumia 1020
- Apple cuts iPhone 5c orders as the device is outsold 2-to-1 by the iPhone 5s
- Nike reveals updated Fuelband SE as wearable market predicted to hit $19bn in 2018
- Twitter snubs Nasdaq as it reveals a threefold increase in losses
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- No strings attached: Birmingham extends unconditional offers to lure high-flyers
- Man in 'V for Vendetta' mask stalking students in Canterbury
- University pay gap yawns: Top staff paid up to 19 times more than junior staff
- Warwick women rowers strip off for charity. But is that okay?
- A quarter of students will catch an STI in their first year
- NUS calls for evidence of ‘lad culture’
- University staff to hold one-day strike over pay
- Young workers paid 'less than a third' of the average weekly wage
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more