Day In a Page
Tuesday, 5 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Video: Record-breaking book domino chain
- In pictures: Historic Lewes bonfire night celebrations
- In pictures: Historic Lewes bonfire night celebrations
- Video: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's 'Jetman' Yves Rossy over Mount Fuji
- Richard Dawkins attempts to shame Twitter after Bin Laden honey criticism
- Guy Fawkes 2013: From timid testicles to gunpowder plot truthers, ten things about bonfire night you probably didn't know
- Mangalyaan orbiter blasts off: India hails 'text-book' launch for mission to Mars
- 'The more we looked into the mystery of Crispr, the more interesting it seemed'
- 'A warning for Earth': Meteor blast over Siberia was equivalent to 30 Hiroshima bombs
- Scientists have discovered a new body part
- 'Platypus-zilla': Scientists discover platypus tooth that belonged to giant mammal
- Indyplus video: Crispr technique
- Music lessons aid brain in later life, study finds
- Charlie Trotter: Chef and restaurateur who led Chicago's rise to become a culinary capital
- William Lowe: Computer engineer whose work at IBM extended the reach of computers from big corporations to homes and small businesses
- Cy Young: Film historian, a BFI governor and an 'Independent' obituarist
- Manna Dey: Bombay playback singer acclaimed for his versatility
- Dee Stanley Presley: Elvis's stepmother, who enraged the singer
- John Kane: Whistleblower at GCHQ whose campaign was frustrated by the Government
- Hakimullah Mehsud: Leader of the Pakistani Taliban who was killed by a US drone strike
- Anca Petrescu: Architect who designed Ceausescu's 'Palace of the People'
- Roger Best: Viola player regarded as one of the finest of his generation
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- This is a triumph of basic science with huge implications. Crispr technique breaks the mould
- Republicans face sinking support if they continue to resist gay marriage
- I'm one parent who is worried about 'toxic' music videos promoting unhealthy attitudes to sex
- Jennifer Aniston cut her hair! What on earth could this mean!
- If Universal Credit isn't to fail, Iain Duncan Smith must learn from the flaws of Obamacare
- We could all stock up on cup noodles and corned beef and join Russell Brand’s revolution... if it wasn’t for the man himself
- Girls kissing their female friends for the cameras isn't shocking, and it certainly isn't interesting
- Bill de Blasio ushers New York into a brave new world of liberal governance
- Debenhams unveils Size 16 mannequins. But fashion superstars like Karl Lagerfeld keep letting women down
- Perhaps a film is needed to show the real victims of payday lenders like Wonga
- PMQs: Inequality is at its lowest since 1986 - and David Cameron takes the session with that
- NSA humbling of Germany has historical precedent
- Twin Towers costumes, a llama and a sombrero: How to do (or not to do) drunken tomfoolery
- Coming out, and out, and out again
- i Editor's Letter: Rogue mayor 'wasn't lying' about smoking crack
- From Russell Brand to Jeremy Paxman: We the Disillusioned hold a majority in modern politics
- Nazi-looted art: How many more masterpieces are out there?
- Economic Studies: If you want to know what US 'soft power' is, look at Twitter
- Forget space hoppers and the Google office revolution. All workers need is a desk and a canteen
- The endemic use of meaningless slogans trying to sell us products
- This Tory tax break won't help married couples
- Sri Lanka provides the argument for disbanding the Commonwealth
- Paedophile hunting and ‘Sweetie’: the case for luring potential criminals?
- A New York Mayor to admire: Bill de Blasio could teach a thing or two to Boris Johnson's successor
- Sluggish underachievers: Why do so many parents let their children stay up far too late?
- i Editor's Letter: How soon is too soon to start school?
- What was London like before the Great Fire? Take a fly through via YouTube
- Politicians' excuses: After Rob Ford, ten other unlikely stories
- Star Wars sequel to hold open casting: Could you get a part?
- Show jumping rabbit is actually priceless
- What does North Korea's first and only tablet have to offer?
- They call him Quadzilla. Picture captures scale of cyclist Robert Forstemann's massive thighs
- Quiz: Fireworks, bonfires and Guy Fawkes, oh my!
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Ashes 2013-14: Australia A v England XI, first day, match report - Michael Carberry's century looks set to seal Ashes opening spot
- The Ashes 2013-14: Alastair Cook excited by jostling for batting places
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry’s feelgood story could resolve No 6 problem
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry feels debt of gratitude to Shane Warne
- The Light Roller: Graham Onions may not be tall; more importantly, he isn't Broad
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Rafael Nadal secures end of year world No 1 ranking with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Roger Federer facing tough task to qualify after opening match defeat to Novak Djokovic
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Rafael Nadal makes light work of David Ferrer at the O2
- ATP World Tour Finals: Jubilant Rafael Nadal confirms No 1 status with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- Novak Djokovic launches astonishing attack on tennis' anti-doping programme
- ATP World Tour Finals: Novak Djokovic claims lack of movement is to blame for the downfall of Roger Federer
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Students apologise for entering Halloween costume competition dressed as New York's burning Twin Towers
- Birmingham University's Guild of Students bans “racist” Halloween outfits
- “Free Pussy” Oxford college rugby club banned from competing
- Universities to ditch degree classes in favour of US-style points system
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'