Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution
- Fountain of youth? Scientists discover why wounds heal quicker for young people
- CRISPR gene therapy: Scientists call for more public debate around breakthrough technique
- Lythronax argestes: Scientists discover new ‘King of Gore’ dinosaur species that is ‘great-uncle’ to T-rex
- One-tonne satellite will fall back to Earth in an unknown location
- 'The more we looked into the mystery of Crispr, the more interesting it seemed'
- 'A warning for Earth': Meteor blast over Siberia was equivalent to 30 Hiroshima bombs
- Scientists have discovered a new body part
- Indyplus video: Crispr technique
- Music lessons aid brain in later life, study finds
- Roger Pope: Sideman who backed Elton John on hits such as 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart'
- Charlie Trotter: Chef and restaurateur who led Chicago's rise to become a culinary capital
- Marcia Wallace: The voice of Bart's teacher Edna Krabappel since the start of 'The Simpsons'
- Doctor Jim Birley: Pioneer of local care who also changed the way we view schizophrenia
- William Lowe: Computer engineer whose work at IBM extended the reach of computers from big corporations to homes and small businesses
- Cy Young: Film historian, a BFI governor and an 'Independent' obituarist
- Manna Dey: Bombay playback singer acclaimed for his versatility
- Dee Stanley Presley: Elvis's stepmother, who enraged the singer
- John Kane: Whistleblower at GCHQ whose campaign was frustrated by the Government
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Poppycock – or why remembrance rituals make me see red
- Good luck to Bill de Blasio. He should do all right as mayor providing he follows a few simple rules
- Drivers, don’t be bashful about national stereotyping – it saves lives
- Plebgate shows the police need reform
- Why do so many critics of those of us on the left assume we are consumed by class envy?
- Meet ‘cultural norm’, he kills girls: The tragedy of child brides
- Cameron's relaxation of terror laws has made Britain less safe
- National Living Wage Week: How can big companies, earning big profits, keep paying such little wages?
- The “Bechdel Test” for Swedish films: Welcome to the modern world, where women speak about more than just men
- Justice, but not as we know it: Meredith Kercher retrial marches on without Amanda Knox
- The worst is yet to come: Edward Snowden faces a sad and lonely future
- i Editor's Letter: The 50 year anniversary of JFK's assassination
- This is a triumph of basic science with huge implications. Crispr technique breaks the mould
- Republicans face sinking support if they continue to resist gay marriage
- I'm one parent who is worried about 'toxic' music videos promoting unhealthy attitudes to sex
- Jennifer Aniston cut her hair! What on earth could this mean!
- If Universal Credit isn't to fail, Iain Duncan Smith must learn from the flaws of Obamacare
- We could all stock up on cup noodles and corned beef and join Russell Brand’s revolution... if it wasn’t for the man himself
- Girls kissing their female friends for the cameras isn't shocking, and it certainly isn't interesting
- Bill de Blasio ushers New York into a brave new world of liberal governance
- Debenhams unveils Size 16 mannequins. But fashion superstars like Karl Lagerfeld keep letting women down
- Perhaps a film is needed to show the real victims of payday lenders like Wonga
- PMQs: Inequality is at its lowest since 1986 - and David Cameron takes the session with that
- NSA humbling of Germany has historical precedent
- Twin Towers costumes, a llama and a sombrero: How to do (or not to do) drunken tomfoolery
- Coming out, and out, and out again
- i Editor's Letter: Rogue mayor 'wasn't lying' about smoking crack
- Twitter shares jump to $45: who are the most popular users?
- People aren't doing too well on the BBC's Ignorance test. Does it matter?
- Say hello to the new Independent
- What was London like before the Great Fire? Take a fly through via YouTube
- Politicians' excuses: After Rob Ford, ten other unlikely stories
- Star Wars sequel to hold open casting: Could you get a part?
- The plot thickens in the death of Yasser Arafat
- Britain needs to build, and on a grand scale
- Independent redesign: This is a vehicle for world-class writing, and now smarter than ever
- Fat chance: Can Chris Christie restore the sanity of the Republican party?
- March of science: The 21st century will be the age of genetics
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Ashes 2013-14: Australia A v England XI, first day, match report - Michael Carberry's century looks set to seal Ashes opening spot
- Sachin Tendulkar's injustice opens door for DRS
- The Ashes 2013-14: Graeme Hick, the batsman who eluded greatness...
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry’s feelgood story could resolve No 6 problem
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry feels debt of gratitude to Shane Warne
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Arsene Wenger and Arsenal players Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain send their congratulations
- Tony McCoy reaches 4,000 winners mark: Legendary jockey's marvellous milestone the result of a fierce will to win
- 'AP stands for always perfect': Martin Pipe pays tribute to Tony McCoy
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A profile of the legendary jockey's career
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Jockey's Top 10 moments
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A timeline of his career highlights
- Jockey Tony McCoy closing in on his 4,000th winner
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Rafael Nadal secures end of year world No 1 ranking with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Roger Federer facing tough task to qualify after opening match defeat to Novak Djokovic
- ATP World Tour Finals: Jubilant Rafael Nadal confirms No 1 status with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- Novak Djokovic launches astonishing attack on tennis' anti-doping programme
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Universities cancel Muslim cleric’s speaking tour over concerns about his anti-gay views
- Drunk student crushed to death in a refuse lorry after falling asleep in a wheelie bin
- Bulgarian universities in chaos as students occupy 15 campuses in anti-government protest
- Students apologise for entering Halloween costume competition dressed as New York's burning Twin Towers
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins