Day In a Page
Thursday, 7 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution
- Fountain of youth? Scientists discover why wounds heal quicker for young people
- Six-tailed asteroid leaves astronomers ‘dumbfounded’
- Gay and straight men may have different facial shapes, new study suggests
- CRISPR gene therapy: Scientists call for more public debate around breakthrough technique
- Lythronax argestes: Scientists discover new ‘King of Gore’ dinosaur species that is ‘great-uncle’ to T-rex
- One-tonne satellite will fall back to Earth in an unknown location
- Roger Pope: Sideman who backed Elton John on hits such as 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart'
- Elvin Heiberg: Lieutenant-general who expressed public regret that he didn’t fight harder for New Orleans floodgates
- Gérard de Villiers: Pulp fiction writer whose intelligence contacts gave his books the semblance of being true to life
- John Cole obituary
- Marcia Wallace: The voice of Bart's teacher Edna Krabappel since the start of 'The Simpsons'
- Doctor Jim Birley: Pioneer of local care who also changed the way we view schizophrenia
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Messianic Judaism – the best of both creeds
- Ed Miliband’s ratings gone from ‘abysmal’ to just ‘bad’ but he will need new tunes to charm the voters
- How hateful is Britain? Insulted, bullied and murdered – for being disabled
- Goldman Sachs new half weekend rules: you can have Saturday off, folks
- Remembrance day: We remember, but we do not celebrate
- Haiyan and the other Philippines typhoon: The untold political scandal underpinning this tragedy
- The Big Questions: Were German authorities wrong to hide the discovery of art looted by the Nazis?
- From sport to politics, male assertiveness is getting out of hand
- Errors and Omissions: Alibi is everywhere it shouldn’t be
- John Lewis advert: Ah the spirit of Christmas, brought to you by huge department stores
- It’s nice to have a piece of work in mind when you call your builder. Or, just invite him to the cinema
- As if they never were: Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile are being written out of history, but at what cost?
- Will Labour reverse the privatisation of the NHS? I want to believe it...
- Male or female, sexual exploitation is never a romp – as Chris Brown's victimisation as a child proves
- A cinematic smörgåsbord of interesting female characters
- Why we should kill the Green Climate Fund
- The UK’s approach to female genital mutilation isn't working
- Why the decision to circumcise must be left to parents
- Any denial of medical care is a weapon of war against Syrians
- i Editor's Letter: Maternity wards show stretch marks
- Poppycock – or why remembrance rituals make me see red
- Good luck to Bill de Blasio. He should do all right as mayor providing he follows a few simple rules
- Drivers, don’t be bashful about national stereotyping – it saves lives
- Plebgate shows the police need reform
- Why do so many critics of those of us on the left assume we are consumed by class envy?
- Meet ‘cultural norm’, he kills girls: The tragedy of child brides
- Cameron's relaxation of terror laws has made Britain less safe
- National Living Wage Week: How can big companies, earning big profits, keep paying such little wages?
- The “Bechdel Test” for Swedish films: Welcome to the modern world, where women speak about more than just men
- Justice, but not as we know it: Meredith Kercher retrial marches on without Amanda Knox
- The worst is yet to come: Edward Snowden faces a sad and lonely future
- i Editor's Letter: The 50 year anniversary of JFK's assassination
- Bad Sex Award 2013: Can you name the authors of these classic love quotes?
- How much money does Twitter owe you? (Nothing, but let's play anyway)
- Reaction: Spy chiefs claim Snowden leaks led to ‘sudden darkening’
- Twitter shares jump to $45: who are the most popular users?
- People aren't doing too well on the BBC's Ignorance test. Does it matter?
- Say hello to the new Independent
- The crews of the Arctic convoys still deserve medals
- Xi Jinping must turn his reforming rhetoric into reality at China's Communist Party conference
- The plot thickens in the death of Yasser Arafat
- Britain needs to build, and on a grand scale
- Independent redesign: This is a vehicle for world-class writing, and now smarter than ever
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Ashes 2013-14: Australia A v England XI, third day, match report - another washout brings frustration - and concern
- The Ashes 2013-14: Kevin Pietersen or Graeme Swann should captain England, not Alastair Cook, says Shane Warne
- Sachin Tendulkar's injustice opens door for DRS
- The Ashes 2013-14: Graeme Hick, the batsman who eluded greatness...
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Arsene Wenger and Arsenal players Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain send their congratulations
- Tony McCoy reaches 4,000 winners mark: Legendary jockey's marvellous milestone the result of a fierce will to win
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A day after reaching historic landmark, champions jockey turns eyes on win number 5,000
- 'AP stands for always perfect': Martin Pipe pays tribute to Tony McCoy
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A profile of the legendary jockey's career
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Jockey's Top 10 moments
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A timeline of his career highlights
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Bargain Hunter: Tesco Opticians helps drivers to keep their eyes on the road
- Questions of Cash: What a pain with Spain when I tried to get my Santander cash
- Derek Pain: Once bitten, twice shy: why I'm not returning to Nighthawk
- Money Insider: Spread your spending or cut costs for a happy Christmas spending?
- Donald MacInnes: My first turn at Miami vice became a blur of shiny poles and $1 bills
- Five questions about: Gas price fixing
- Mark Dampier: I'm bullish about being a bear when it comes to investing
- Money alert: Co-operative Bank rescue plan
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Aberystwyth University blasted for "caviar diplomacy" after making Azerbaijan connection
- Durham students in drunken cathedral roof-top rescue
- How much? University leader predicts £20,000 tuition fees for students
- 'No More Page 3' campaign boosted by show of support from Scottish Parliament
- Keele University to hike postgraduate fees by as much as a half
- Universities cancel Muslim cleric’s speaking tour over concerns about his anti-gay views
- Drunk student crushed to death in a refuse lorry after falling asleep in a wheelie bin
- Bulgarian universities in chaos as students occupy 15 campuses in anti-government protest
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands