Day In a Page
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Donald Byrd: Trumpeter and bandleader who offended critics with his mixture of jazz and soul
- Guy Tozzoli: Architect who oversaw the building of the World Trade Centre
- Rick Huxley: Bassist with the Dave Clark Five
- John Kerr: Actor best known as the sensitive college boy seduced in 'Tea and Sympathy'
- Rabbi David Hartman: Philosopher who brought a liberal approach to Judaism
- Bob Levenson: Advertising director who helped inspire the series 'Madmen'
- Jim Patterson: 'The Goal King of Queen of the South'
- Peter Gilmore: Actor who found fame on the stage and as hero of 'The Onedin Line'
- Zhuang Zedong The accidental architect of 'ping-pong diplomacy'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- They bite babies, kill chickens, and have noisy sex. Why on earth would we want a cull of urban foxes?
- A whole new scandal that could damage The Sun
- As if the other Jeremy was in the hot seat!
- Gary Goldsmith, Kate Middleton's uncle, is a right royal party planner. Bottoms up!
- Ed Miliband’s big speeches raise more questions than they answer. Now is the time for policy
- How to sell horsemeat and sub-prime loans
- Sign up for our weekly bulletin: a new service from the Independent Voices team
- Bar the odd grounding, these enormous technological advances help us take flight
- The difference between a Jew and an Israeli is no more difficult to grasp than a Catholic and an Italian
- The workfare at Poundland judgement: Great news, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves
- The Pope’s resignation: Will the Church move towards progressive Christianity?
- Fleetwood Mac for a mere £125: Has the rock ‘n’ roll resurgence become too expensive?
- Judging by the complaints, sanctions are inflicting pain
- Jewel-encrusted limos, corseted croupiers: who could resist a flutter online?
- There will be no currency war. But why did the G7 have to say it?
- North Korea: A nuclear tragedy which plays out as comedy
- Barack Obama, the fiscal cliff, and why the State of the Union could mark a Wile E Coyote moment
- Out of proportion? We're surprised by fat rich kids, yet expect it of the poor
- It’s now accepted that learning has to be profitable to be valid
- Yes, Page 3 is bad for women. But so are the photos in OK! magazine
- However you feel about Chris Huhne, it would have been a travesty for him to have stayed in office
- Victory against Workfare proves a point my generation has known all along - the system is taking advantage of us
- The Real George Orwell, rescued from endless parody and tiresome idiom for a new generation
- Spare a thought for the comedians as the Pope gets on his horse
- See it away: This time, Cambridge drinking society antics deserve the predictable backlash
- The story of the ‘ex-gay’ blogger exposed on Grindr isn’t funny, it’s just heartbreaking
- The 20th anniversary of James Bulger's death: a tragic episode and its shameful legacy
- After Paxman shamed student on University Challenge, here's the presenter's top 5 ‘rude’moments
- Are magazines right to publish pictures of pregnant Kate Middleton in a bikini?
- State of the Union? Marco Rubio, Tupac and Notorious BIG
- Poll: Findus horsemeat lasagne offered at £70 on eBay, but how much would you pay?
- Obama's State of the Union address: Reaction and key moments
- Poll: ‘How to be an MP’ is the most withdrawn book from House of Commons, but which title would you most recommend our politicians?
- Graduate's workfare victory: the response
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand beat England by 55 runs in second T20
- Have Australia fallen to most shameful collapse?
- England's hopes of retaining Women's Cricket World Cup over despite victory over New Zealand
- England can 'bully' Australia during the Ashes, says Matt Prior
- 'I was wrong' admits Stuart Broad after his call costs England
- Stuart Broad admits decision to bowl first against New Zealand was a mistake
- England cling to final chance in Women's T20 World Cup
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airlines fly into a rage as Heathrow warns charges must climb steeply
- Romantic retreats: One-room wonders
- Designed for the Jet Age
- Can you recommend a safe and central place to stay for two young women in New York?
- Deals of the week: Ferry deals, Grindelwald skiing, Tuscany
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Vietnam, Lopud
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food