Day In a Page
Wednesday, 13 February 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Something fishy going on... Antidepressants contaminating rivers make perch antisocial
- Eat your greens, mums-to-be! It can stop your child being a fussy eater
- Roses are red, one star is blue - even astronomers' romance shines on through
- Video: Chimpanzees have faster working memory than humans, according to study
- Cosmic! Scientists clear up one of large unsolved puzzles about our Universe
- The race to fingerprint the human voice
- Trevor Grills: Tenor singer who helped lead the sea-shanty revival with Fisherman's Friends
- Donald Byrd: Trumpeter and bandleader who offended critics with his mixture of jazz and soul
- Rem Vyakhirev: Gas industry executive who built up Gazprom into a global player
- Dr John Poole: Highly valued Commons librarian
- Guy Tozzoli: Architect who oversaw the building of the World Trade Centre
- Rick Huxley: Bassist with the Dave Clark Five
- John Kerr: Actor best known as the sensitive college boy seduced in 'Tea and Sympathy'
- Rabbi David Hartman: Philosopher who brought a liberal approach to Judaism
- Bob Levenson: Advertising director who helped inspire the series 'Madmen'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- They bite babies, kill chickens, and have noisy sex. Why on earth would we want a cull of urban foxes?
- New BBC Director General Tony Hall makes power play on Lord Patten
- Oscar Pistorius: A dark morning in Pretoria has shattered the faith of a nation
- Who on earth actually thinks Mary Portas is the solution to the crisis on our high streets?
- Tesco's electronic armbands and Lady Gaga's hip: it’s the shirkers vs workers debate all over again
- Scholars must get used to openness, too
- It doesn’t help getting in a tizzy over North Korea
- As the 'Jon Venables' Twitter pics make clear, our current laws can't handle social media
- The curriculum we are introducing captures British history in all its multi-layered, omni-racial glory
- PE in school: Actions would speak louder than words
- Too lazy to find love? New app SinglesAroundMe can do it for you
- A cautionary Valentine: They came to America for love, but found themselves on Heartbreak Island
- Theresa May, weight loss, and what to do for Lent when you've nothing left to give up
- Tory plans to cut benefits to EU immigrants expose widening ideological divide in our politics
- Will this be the final year of the Iranian Regime?
- Objectivity, not a helping hand, is what Pakistan needs from the West
- I won't have what she's having, thanks: Valentine's Day films are chocolate box coupledom
- A Valentine's Day message from Doctor Love: is your relationship doomed?
- Valentine’s Day: A look back to tragic love stories throughout history
- Lonely on Valentine's? Perhaps it's time to try internet dating
- A whole new scandal that could damage The Sun
- As if the other Jeremy was in the hot seat!
- Gary Goldsmith, Kate Middleton's uncle, is a right royal party planner. Bottoms up!
- Ed Miliband’s big speeches raise more questions than they answer. Now is the time for policy
- How to sell horsemeat and sub-prime loans
- Sign up for our weekly bulletin: a new service from the Independent Voices team
- Bar the odd grounding, these enormous technological advances help us take flight
- The difference between a Jew and an Israeli is no more difficult to grasp than a Catholic and an Italian
- The workfare at Poundland judgement: Great news, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves
- The Pope’s resignation: Will the Church move towards progressive Christianity?
- Fleetwood Mac for a mere £125: Has the rock ‘n’ roll resurgence become too expensive?
- After Paxman shamed student on University Challenge, here's the presenter's top 5 ‘rude’moments
- Are magazines right to publish pictures of pregnant Kate Middleton in a bikini?
- State of the Union? Marco Rubio, Tupac and Notorious BIG
- Poll: Findus horsemeat lasagne offered at £70 on eBay, but how much would you pay?
- Obama's State of the Union address: Reaction and key moments
- Editorial: Not such a distinctive Labour vision, after all
- Editorial: A President at the very height of his power
- Editorial: Gimmicks won't save our high streets
- Editorial: No longer a foreign meat problem
- Editorial: Ready to return to Brussels, Sir John?
- Editorial: More unseemly rabble-rousing on Romania
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tim Bresnan in fitness race for Ashes after undergoing elbow operation
- Have Australia fallen to most shameful collapse?
- England's hopes of retaining Women's Cricket World Cup over despite victory over New Zealand
- England can 'bully' Australia during the Ashes, says Matt Prior
- Tim Bresnan doubtful for first summer Test after operation
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Transatlantic air fares set to rise following merger between American Airlines and US Airways
- Romantic retreats: One-room wonders
- Designed for the Jet Age
- Can you recommend a safe and central place to stay for two young women in New York?
- Deals of the week: Ferry deals, Grindelwald skiing, Tuscany
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Vietnam, Lopud
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 3 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 4 Scottish independence: Andy Murray backs Yes campaign in eleventh hour decision
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now