Day In a Page
Monday, 11 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Resistance to antibiotics is 'ticking time bomb' - stark warning from Chief Medical Officer Dame Sally Davies
- Chief Medical Officer Dame Sally Davies: Resistance to antibiotics risks health 'catastrophe' to rank with terrorism and climate change
- Meet Alma, the alien hunting telescope
- Meet Alma, the alien hunting telescope that can see 12 billion years into the past
- Truth turns out to be far stranger than science fiction as Nasa Kepler space telescope discovers weird planets
- 800 samples showed antibiotic resistance last year, says agency as it backs Chief Medical Officer's warning
- Does real beauty even shine through a grimace?
- Life on Mars, in Utah
- Tony Gubba: Veteran sports commentator and presenter of 'Dancing on Ice'
- Stompin' Tom Connors: Singer who celebrated his native Canada in his music
- Dirk Coetzee: Death squad commander who helped expose apartheid's killing machine
- Ava June: Lyric soprano equally at home with Britten, Wagner and Italian romantic opera
- Luis Cubilla: Footballer and coach with Uruguay and Paraguay
- Jimmy Corbin: Last surviving Spitfire pilot from the Battle of Britain
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Can the four-day working week really be the future?
- Petronella, paedophilia, and the wrong lesson to draw from Olivier’s pass
- Why we went our own way on Leveson
- It rather defeats the point of a novel if the paperback has an extra chapter
- Time to help small businesses
- Stockmarkets across the world are back to previous highs, but is that good news?
- Don’t knock Sandberg – we can learn from her
- Not since the 1980s have our leaders so cruelly bullied the poor
- Silence of the Duchess: Sandi Toksvig wants Kate Middleton to speak out more, but imagine the fury it would cause if she did
- Age is no barrier to being a great parent - and I should know
- The government does not care about young people
- Why the bad feeling for footballers on the rich list?
- ‘Lose 12kg in two weeks’: Why Facebook must get rid of these dangerous and extreme weight loss ads
- Women in the criminal justice system – the forgotten voice of NHS reform?
- I know what Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce will face - my background may as well have been Mars to fellow prisoners
- Prison will be a less terrifying experience for Chris Huhne than facing his ex-wife’s fury
- Does our new national identity have to be quite so life-affirming?
- Watch out Ray 'taxes are rape' Winstone - the PC Brigade is back and this time they've got a point
- Missing the points? As Chris Huhne is sentenced to eight months in prison, our society must start taking road safety more seriously
- Labour and the Tories both think they'll lose 2015 and they can't both be right
- If you don't like offensive comedians like Frankie Boyle, why are you repeating their jokes?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I need my mother by my side, how can I stand by and watch her die?
- Surely the whole point of a quiz is its essential uselessness
- A holiday for the senses: You can tell you're abroad from a glance at the local press
- The primary school teaching about pig rearing is right: Children must understand meat production
- As he and Vicky Pryce are jailed, Chris Huhne shows politicians should steer clear of driving
- Today the EU goes cruelty-free, but is the beauty industry’s commitment more than skin deep?
- We need a stricter definition of bullying
- Alligator learns to swim with prosthetic tail
- Poll: As he and Vicky Pryce are sentenced, do you think Chris Huhne's punishment is fair?
- Poll: As she and Chris Huhne are sentenced, is Vicky Pryce's punishment fair?
- ‘Have a real #1D tattoo? Show us!’ Were One Direction right to remove their request to fans?
- Editorial: No more women-only prizes
- Editorial: We can and must stop another Savile
- Editorial: Osborne has little room for manoeuvre
- Editorial: Time for the media to find a compromise on Leveson recommendations
- Editorial: The NHS and Demos - it’s a bad idea to stigmatise the poor
- Editorial: Nasa Kepler shows a reality even stranger than science fiction
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Angus Fraser: The 'Baggy Green' must mean less now than it did in my day
- England keen to reassert the status quo in New Zealand
- Player bans can inspire Australia to Ashes success says James Pattinson
- The Queenstown effect: Andy Flower defends England players amid criticism
- Andy Flower confident Stuart Broad turning the corner on comeback trail
- Shane Watson 'considering future' after he and three others are dropped from Australia cricket team for India Test after not doing their homework
- Cheltenham Festival: Odds stacked more than ever in favour of the Goliaths of jump racing
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Hurricane Fly regains Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival: Opening race delayed amid weather concerns
- James Lawton: Cheltenham's tales of guts and glory will dispel stale air left by latest football row
- Cheltenham Festival: Take Zarkandar to zip in and steal former champions' crown
- Cheltenham Festival: Nicky Henderson relieved after Simonsig's antics
- Cheltenham Festival: Sizing can offer real measure of Sacre's greatness
- Cheltenham Festival: Boston Bob to score for Willie Mullins and set sights on future Gold Cup glory
- Jon Freeman: Quevega's famous five is a boy's own dream come true for Willie Mullins
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Mullins and Hurricane Fly bring warmth to Irish hearts
- James Lawton: Glittering Ruby Walsh warms hearts and minds to confirm his brilliant legacy
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Nicky Henderson trained Simonsig wins Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Champagne Fever wins the first race on opening day
- Cheltenham Festival: Cause Of Causes value to gatecrash the winner's tent in Festival opener
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has