Day In a Page
Wednesday, 27 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- General Sir Michael Gow: Soldier who commanded the British Army of the Rhine
- Anthony Lewis: Journalist who defended civil liberties and twice won the Pulitzer Prize
- Bill Bell: Car dealer who brought glory to Port Vale FC
- Lord Thurlow: High Commissioner to Nigeria and to New Zealand
- Peter Duckworth: Soldier and Olympian
- Clive Burr: Drummer with Iron Maiden
- George Petherbridge: Swashbuckling footballer loved for his work rate and flair
- Derek Watkins: Trumpeter who played on every Bond soundtrack
- Ieng Sary: Leading figure of the Khmer Rouge who later stood trial for crimes against humanity
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nobody will be more pleased about David Miliband stepping down than his younger brother Ed
- Boris looks human among Westminster waxworks
- Hillsborough: Justice for the one? Not by a long chalk
- It is not daft to suggest that smokers need psychiatric help
- Cyprus doesn’t mean island economies are doomed to fail
- Burma in 2013 reminds me of Yugoslavia in 1991
- The poor spend all the money. Isn’t it obvious?
- You Googlephobes should try living without Google
- Jumping the badger? Archers fans don't want anyone sexing up their favourite soap
- Gove's new National Curriculum demands too much, too young
- Ridding Edinburgh's streets of beggars won’t help to solve homelessness
- Staffordshire terriers: the case for the defence after 14 year-old girl Jade Anderson was savaged to death
- David Miliband’s dignified exit does everyone a favour – including him
- Cyprus bailout: These controls betray the EU's fundamental tenets
- Shaming no-shows: Does the bill include alienation?
- The response to Mid Staffordshire: So do we now all agree on what ‘care’ means?
- With another month of snow forecast, you probably want a holiday. And quite right too - but where?
- Pigeon racing is hardly the same as cockfighting
- Editorial: A new Franciscan order worthy of respect
- Editorial: The FSA was not the only villain
- Editorial: Another tug at Britain’s unravelling energy plan
- Editorial: The (delayed) start of a medical revolution
- Editorial: Put Abu Qatada on trial here
- Editorial: Enforce the minimum wage to make work pay
- Need me to come and mourn a loved one? I’ll have my tears at the ready
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder in critical condition after assault outside bar
- 'I want to be back soon because I am bored stupid already' - Graeme Swann
- Attack on Kiwi Ryder 'unprovoked' say witnesses
- England v Australia: Don't write off Aussies when we're underdogs for the Ashes, says Steve Waugh
- Andy Flower tells England to improve skill set but backs captain Alastair Cook
- Controversial New Zealand all-rounder Jesse Ryder in critical condition after late-night bar attack
- #kneebrace: Kevin Pietersen raises injury concerns ahead of Ashes after posting sombre picture
- England v Australia: Michael Clarke faces race against time to be fit for Ashes
- New Zealand v England: 'It was just my lucky day,' admits hero Matt Prior
- Sebastian Vettel v Mark Webber: Team principal Christian Horner confident Webber will 'see out season' at Red Bull
- After ignoring team orders, igniting a feud with Mark Webber and being widely criticised... Sebastian Vettel wins a promotion
- Frank Williams promotes daughter Claire to deputy team principal at F1 team
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)