Day In a Page
Tuesday, 5 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hugo Chavez: Paratrooper and coup leader later elected as populist president
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- Armando Trovajoli: Composer best known for his ode to Rome's romantic magic
- Maj Gen Tony Deane-Drummond: Soldier decorated after Operation Market Garden
- Stanley Forman: Film producer and distributor who advanced the socialist cause for 50 years
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Tories sick of the Prime Minister reckon May Day is fast approaching
- Tomb Raider: Why Lara Croft's feminist credentials are as inflated as her chest used to be
- All our elderly need the same fuss the Queen got
- Forbes' billionaire list shows that, in global terms, Britain’s rich folk are little more than also-rans
- Grace Dent: I could criticise Justin Bieber. But I'd rather not be monstered by his 35 million Twitter followers
- Think carefully before calling out Israeli ‘apartheid’
- Will Justin's late entrance make them stop Beliebing?
- The hot air balloon crash in Egypt was more than just another tragic news story
- Christian Easter eggs and child abuse: The creation of a parallel universe by the Church
- Give yourself a break... the Government won't
- So female thighs are the latest place to advertise? Women shouldn't be used as billboards
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Academics suggest Hitch called it right on Mother Teresa
- You better Beliebe it: Justin apologises for turning up late ‘I never have any intent to upset or let anyone down’
- Keystone pipeline: Was environmental backlash over the top?
- Drinking News: Is there too much boozing at UN budget meetings?
- David Cameron negotiates rightward steer
- Editorial: Time to fix the broken economics of childcare
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
- Editorial: The judges have right on their side
- Editorial: Justin Bieber is not big or clever, just rude
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Alastair Cook admits England's two-coach system has been 'challenge' for all
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- Michael Clarke: We must learn from India thrashing
- Global drugs policy demanded by players' unions
- Graeme Swann fears elbow problem could rule him out of Ashes
- India claim comprehensive victory over Australia
- New Zealand v England: Test series preview
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'