Day In a Page
Tuesday, 5 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hugo Chavez: Paratrooper and coup leader later elected as populist president
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- Armando Trovajoli: Composer best known for his ode to Rome's romantic magic
- Maj Gen Tony Deane-Drummond: Soldier decorated after Operation Market Garden
- Stanley Forman: Film producer and distributor who advanced the socialist cause for 50 years
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Tories sick of the Prime Minister reckon May Day is fast approaching
- Tomb Raider: Why Lara Croft's feminist credentials are as inflated as her chest used to be
- All our elderly need the same fuss the Queen got
- Forbes' billionaire list shows that, in global terms, Britain’s rich folk are little more than also-rans
- Grace Dent: I could criticise Justin Bieber. But I'd rather not be monstered by his 35 million Twitter followers
- Think carefully before calling out Israeli ‘apartheid’
- Will Justin's late entrance make them stop Beliebing?
- The hot air balloon crash in Egypt was more than just another tragic news story
- Christian Easter eggs and child abuse: The creation of a parallel universe by the Church
- Give yourself a break... the Government won't
- So female thighs are the latest place to advertise? Women shouldn't be used as billboards
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Academics suggest Hitch called it right on Mother Teresa
- You better Beliebe it: Justin apologises for turning up late ‘I never have any intent to upset or let anyone down’
- Keystone pipeline: Was environmental backlash over the top?
- Drinking News: Is there too much boozing at UN budget meetings?
- David Cameron negotiates rightward steer
- Editorial: Time to fix the broken economics of childcare
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
- Editorial: The judges have right on their side
- Editorial: Justin Bieber is not big or clever, just rude
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Alastair Cook admits England's two-coach system has been 'challenge' for all
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- Michael Clarke: We must learn from India thrashing
- Global drugs policy demanded by players' unions
- Graeme Swann fears elbow problem could rule him out of Ashes
- India claim comprehensive victory over Australia
- New Zealand v England: Test series preview
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'