Day In a Page
Tuesday, 5 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hugo Chavez: Paratrooper and coup leader later elected as populist president
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- Stanley Forman: Film producer and distributor who advanced the socialist cause for 50 years
- Maj Gen Tony Deane-Drummond: Soldier decorated after Operation Market Garden
- Armando Trovajoli: Composer best known for his ode to Rome's romantic magic
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Tories sick of the Prime Minister reckon May Day is fast approaching
- Tomb Raider: Why Lara Croft's feminist credentials are as inflated as her chest used to be
- All our elderly need the same fuss the Queen got
- Forbes' billionaire list shows that, in global terms, Britain’s rich folk are little more than also-rans
- Grace Dent: I could criticise Justin Bieber. But I'd rather not be monstered by his 35 million Twitter followers
- Think carefully before calling out Israeli ‘apartheid’
- Will Justin's late entrance make them stop Beliebing?
- The hot air balloon crash in Egypt was more than just another tragic news story
- Christian Easter eggs and child abuse: The creation of a parallel universe by the Church
- Give yourself a break... the Government won't
- So female thighs are the latest place to advertise? Women shouldn't be used as billboards
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Academics suggest Hitch called it right on Mother Teresa
- You better Beliebe it: Justin apologises for turning up late ‘I never have any intent to upset or let anyone down’
- Keystone pipeline: Was environmental backlash over the top?
- Drinking News: Is there too much boozing at UN budget meetings?
- David Cameron negotiates rightward steer
- Editorial: Time to fix the broken economics of childcare
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
- Editorial: The judges have right on their side
- Editorial: Justin Bieber is not big or clever, just rude
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Alastair Cook admits England's two-coach system has been 'challenge' for all
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- Michael Clarke: We must learn from India thrashing
- Global drugs policy demanded by players' unions
- Graeme Swann fears elbow problem could rule him out of Ashes
- India claim comprehensive victory over Australia
- New Zealand v England: Test series preview
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police