Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kenny Ball: Trumpeter who spearheaded the Trad boom and toured for over 40 years
- Menachem Froman: Rabbi and peace activist
- Alvin Lee: Guitar hero with rockers Ten Years After
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- No to making adoption slower, but yes to giving it long-term support
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Children’s heart surgery: campaigners can celebrate, but knife must be wielded
- Congratulations to John Lewis on record profits, but why not give cleaners a share too?
- World View: Be realistic about Obama’s trip to Israel – he’s going because he has to
- The Met Office have warned this will be the most extreme spring on record, how can we prepare?
- Vicky Pryce, Chris Huhne and why this was not a criminal trial, but a divorce case by proxy
- All prospective parents should consider adoption - but especially gay people
- University students - are they toddlers or young adults?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Do you have any sympathy for Vicky Pryce?
- As Senator Rand Paul completes a 6-hour speech, are filibusters democratic heroes?
- World Book Day: What were your favourite books growing up?
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Editorial: Vince Cable has a point, but debt is not the only way to pay for infrastructure
- Editorial: Sorry, Vicky Pryce, your unsuccessful plea proves marital coercion is no defence
- Editorial: Boris Johnson has a welcome plan to improve the lot of the cyclist
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand v England first Test: England produce abject batting performance
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Jonathan Trott can't explain England collapse against New Zealand
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- First Test: England made to suffer for careless early batting choices
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son