Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kenny Ball: Trumpeter who spearheaded the Trad boom and toured for over 40 years
- Alvin Lee: Guitar hero with rockers Ten Years After
- Menachem Froman: Rabbi and peace activist
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- No to making adoption slower, but yes to giving it long-term support
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Children’s heart surgery: campaigners can celebrate, but knife must be wielded
- Congratulations to John Lewis on record profits, but why not give cleaners a share too?
- World View: Be realistic about Obama’s trip to Israel – he’s going because he has to
- The Met Office have warned this will be the most extreme spring on record, how can we prepare?
- Vicky Pryce, Chris Huhne and why this was not a criminal trial, but a divorce case by proxy
- All prospective parents should consider adoption - but especially gay people
- University students - are they toddlers or young adults?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Do you have any sympathy for Vicky Pryce?
- As Senator Rand Paul completes a 6-hour speech, are filibusters democratic heroes?
- World Book Day: What were your favourite books growing up?
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Editorial: Vince Cable has a point, but debt is not the only way to pay for infrastructure
- Editorial: Sorry, Vicky Pryce, your unsuccessful plea proves marital coercion is no defence
- Editorial: Boris Johnson has a welcome plan to improve the lot of the cyclist
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand v England first Test: England produce abject batting performance
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Jonathan Trott can't explain England collapse against New Zealand
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- First Test: England made to suffer for careless early batting choices
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film